BSD following surgery

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KristenLouise
    on

Hi, does anyone know when it is ok to start the BSD after having surgery? I have recently had surgery for breast cancer and am keen to get to a healthy weight ASAP (being 25kgs overweight 😁). Thanks! In advance.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi KristenLouise, I’m so sorry you had to go through surgery and for such a serious thing — I hope they got all of it and you are back in the road to full health now and feeling much better emotionally and physically.
    I’m not a dietician or doctor (actually just a lawyer and they don’t talk much about nutrition in law school) but I’m a fanatical reader and I have seen a lot of recommendations for low carb (low sugar) eating to help battle cancer. Certainly cutting out all sugar and refined carbohydrate will be beneficial — also increasing your mixture of highly colored fruits and vegetables will be overall healthy.
    I think you might be careful to NOT diet strictly for a few weeks until you are fully healed from the surgery. You need adequate protein, fat and calories to heal properly. You can always start just cutting out the “garbage” of sugars, refined flours, crisps, breads, crackers etc. and increase instead your intake of fatty wild fish and grass fed beef and lamb and lots of power greens and green vegetables, good fats and nuts/seeds. That will get you off to a great start in a low-carb way and you can tweak your intake as you move along and are feeling energetic and ready to take on more.
    I’m sure you are eager to shift the weight now that you are past the worst, but give your amazing body the tools it needs to get better first (good nutrition, lots of sleep, gentle exercise) and then you can cut your calories down further. Just dropping the bad carbs will start you losing weight.
    My best wishes for your continued health!
    Julia

on

Thank you Julia! That was a very helpful (and kind) reply. Much appreciated .

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, KristenLouise! I want to welcome you to the forums, and tell you how very sorry I am that you’ve been
    through so much 🙂 I completely agree with Julia’s advice. Surgery is a great trauma to the body, so allow
    yourself time to fully recover. You will find all of the support you can possibly imagine here. Take special
    care of yourself, and we will all be here for you when you are sufficiently recovered to put all your energies
    into the Fast800. The pounds will melt away, it WILL happen!! I’m thinking of you 🙂

Allie

on

Thanks very much! I’m looking forward to eventually getting started, people seem so positive about it 😊.

Please log in or register to post a reply.