BSD day 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KipoKate
    on

Well I have just returned from UK where I followed the daily mail supplements about BSD. Being impressed I bought the books and a spiraliser and set off home with a new determination! Arrived home last Tuesday and immediately gave up booze. Not so bad, haven’t missed it! And I was having a couple of wines each night. It helps that himself has given up to. I told himself and daughter that come Monday I was starting the BSD and that they would have to have the same as me just larger portions as this would mean dinner time would be easier and it would help me.
    Last Dec I found out my BP was out of control, still trying to get it right and a blood test confirmed I was prediabetes!!!
    I have at least 50kg to loose and today I started.
    Its been a great day!
    I haven’t felt hungry or deprived, I am a foodie and always cook from scratch so that doesn’t faze me.
    Dinner tonight we had chicken curry, I didn’t have Thai red curry paste so improvised with curry powder. Served it with cauliflower rice (a first) we all loved it.
    Roll on tomorrow.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

It is great when the family cooperate with your plans, especially as it would be you doing the extra cooking. There is just me and my hubby and he looks at my menu plan for the week and decides if there is anything he doesnt fancy, in which case he gets himself a boil in the bag fish in sauce and does loads of veg. Must say though, he is more and more eating what I eat. I used to make him a portion of potatoes or rice but now he says not to bother. He hasnt tried the cauli rice yet but I made the Chicken and Mushroom ‘Pie’ from the recipe book and it is topped with mashed cauli but with parmesan cheese in it. I didnt give him a choice and he loved it.

Just returned from the UK, so where are you normally. I am going back to the UK on Thursday as I live in France so it is a visit around our families, Birmigham, Berwick, Scotland etc. Enjoy the diet.

• posted by KipoKate
    on

Hi how long have you been on the diet? What are your results like.
    I am really excited to give this a go.
    I live in New Zealand on the sunny south island. With a Mediterranean climate I figure this diet should suit life well.
    I am on day 3 now and feeling great. No headaches or side effects.
    Dinner tonight we are having spicy lentils with spinach and a little chicken.
    Enjoy home safe travels.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Oo chicken and mushroom pie with Parmesan cauliflower sounds lovely.

Please log in or register to post a reply.