BSD Continued Arty 1

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 12. BS 7.8 mmol/L. Gee, those 12 days have gone fast. A good day for me, I pick up my new boat today a present to myself for teaching high school for 25 years. Retirement is such a great thing…..Lucky will again be an old Salty dog. He loves chasing pelicans around on the estuary sand flats miles from no where. Still can be alone during the school week in some beautiful places only reached by boat. Magic.

Off to walk the dog.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh ARTY that sounds so nice! Magic just like you said x and i’ m so glad the BSD weeks are going fast..they really do- its surprising! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Arty – sounds like Lucky is doing well – new boat – wow, that sounds great.
    The boat club resumes Kayaking sessions next week – they stopped in the summer because they were doing out of school clubs and stuff.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 13 BS 7.8mmol/L. New boat is fantastic shall take it out tomorrow for a cruise and maybe catch a fish or two. Lucky has weed on it so it is christened by the old salty dog. I have to make him some shade shelter before I head off tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 14. BS 8.00 mmol/L . Two weeks are up and it has gone fast. Off to play in the boat today. I feel lighter and have more energy which is great. Hopefully, I will have a fish dinner tonight.Still off the Meds.

I hope everyone is well,

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi – glad that you;re both loving the boat – sounds fun!

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 15. BS 8.4 mmol/L. Now off 1000 mg Metformin still can’t get my BS below 8 when waking in the morning. Hopefully, will improve over time. Still it is good to be free of Meds 5 days now. Sea trials in the boat continue it is all I hoped it would be. Sunburnt but happy.

Hope everyone is well, our journeys continue.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Arty have you tried the Dawn Effect trick, have a small snack just before you go to bed. It tells your liver you are not starving so it wont pump out glycogen at 2 or 3 am showing a spike in the morning. Lots on here about it.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 16, BS 8.4mmol/L. Thanks Sunshine -girl for the Dawn Effect Trick shall give it a go tomorrow.

Have been enjoying not taking Meds for Diabetes someone said I want to be Type 3 I like that term it has a nice ring to it.

Hope everyone is well. Off to walk the Dog.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 17 BS 9.6mmol/L. A little dissapointed today that my BS is 9.6. I might go back on Metformin until I lose more weight. Still undecided at present. Apart from that Day 17 has rolled around and I am going boating tomorrow with Lucky.

Hope everyone is well.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Arty, there is a very good thread by bill1954. It’s called ‘this has to work for me’. If you search for – this has to work for me – you will find it. He also had issues with fasting blood sugars and he found that testing at other times of the day was more helpful. Hope you enjoy your days boating with Lucky.

• posted by Arty1
    on

Day 18 BS 9.6 mmol/L. A bit late today but was working very early , all things are good. I have been painting and planting my vege garden, plenty of greens and basil.

Hope everyone is well.

Please log in or register to post a reply.