BSD and activities/exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ginkate30
    on

Hi new to this and looking for a bit of advice on the BSD when you’re doing regular exercise daily. I’m 48 and have put weight on gradually over the last 2 years. I cycle, swim and run. I have seen the MyFitnessPal app is recommended which I use. With the 800 calorie programme there is no mention of taking exercise in to account. Unless I’ve not seen it! Anyone advise?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Ginkate30, no allowances are made for exercise. Yes, 800 is very low so the advice is not to exercise or to take in easier in the first couple of weeks. Your body will soon get used to the low calories and you will be able to exercise. The problem with deducting exercise is people seem to think it equates to weight loss. So they say, I have done X amount of exercise so I can eat X extra calories. Unfortunately the calories in and calories out theory no longer holds true. For example you would have to walk 35 miles to lose one pound of weight. You would have to do around 3 hours of exercise for one chocolate digestive. Not suggesting you are wanting to tuck into biscuits but just illustrating the wrong thinking on this.

I havent checked your profile so dont know if you are diabetic. If you are, take extra care about exercise or be ready to have a small carb free snack if needed.

Please log in or register to post a reply.