Breakfast

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SammyG
    on

Are there any cereals other than oats that are ok? I dont like porridge. Are original weetabix ok without additional sugar.

4.4g sugar per 100g. 1.6g sugar for 2 biscuits.

Thanks

Sam

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Not even oats are okay for me, nor for a lot of people. Different people respond differently to carbs and some to manage to still lose weight even eating small amounts (20-gram servings) of oats a couple of times a week. Weetabix, however, is nothing but wheat and sugar. There is no material difference between it and bread. The carb count is very high at 26 grams per two-biscuit serving. My maximum is less than 20 grams total carbs per day, never mind 26 in a single meal, and none of those are from wheat. Wheat is the first ingredient. The next two are simple sugars, then salt, then synthesized vitamins to fortify the junk and create the illusion of a healthy food.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not a BSD-friendly breakfast. It will almost certainly keep you from burning fat, just as cookies and pizza will. How about eggs? I have a cauliflower egg muffin recipe that makes a tasty, easily portable breakfast that you can cook up in batches and have good to go every morning.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SammyG – Esnecca is right, Weetabix are no better than any other wheat based product and in general all cereals are best avoided and certainly not eaten on a regular basis. There are lots of other options that fit the BSD way of eating much better and many of them needing little prep and can be portable if required. Take a look at the recipe section for inspiration and there are plenty of ideas online as well – look for low carb breakfast dishes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.