Bread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Olive Grace
    on

Hi there this is my first day on the Fast800 – I’m trying to gather quick and realistic recipes for the week ahead and wondering if there is any kind of bread that is ok to eat. Burgen Soy and Linseed for instance? Would be very helpful on those super busy days. Any thoughts or opinions gratefully received. Olive

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Olive Grace
    I’m 3.5 weeks in so some may have a different answer to me, but I would say no. All breads are high in carbs and not worth it. Although think Cherrieanne may have found one that she buys online in Australia. Where are you?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Olive Grace
    Just found Cherrianne’s post on the bread. I’ve copied it below:
    “Herman Brot bread is very low carb at 2.3g carb and 111 cals per slice and freezes well. In SA it is available at Foodland and IGA stores. It isn’t cheap but our health is worth it, if you can’t live without an occasional slice of bread. This bread is delicious and you would never know it was low carb from the taste or texture. Check out their website for online ordering or a store near you.”
    I hope this helps.
    Linda

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Olive Grace and Linda A too

I continued with 1 slice of gluten free seed bread for week one just to use it up…and probably because I thought I WOULD NEVER be able to go without bread! Week 9 now plus a few days now and cruising. I don’t think of bread at all. Hang in there Olive. Extra cooked vegies make a good grab snack if you are busy. I did make the Zucchini and Apple muffins from the book in the first week JUST IN CASE but 10 of the 12 are still in the freezer.

• posted by Olive Grace
    on

Hi Linda and Nettle thanks for your quick replies. I will have a look for the Herman Brot for emergencies! But otherwise will stay away from bread. Hard to imagine!

• posted by KerriB
    on

Hi
    I am a bread-a-holic and have recently discovered Farinata (Socca) which is an Italian bread/pancake that satisfies my bread cravings. It is made from Besan (chickpea) flour and is low in carbs fat etc. You can add all sorts of things to it like Rosemary and onion. Some people even use it to make a healthy pizza. Here is a basic recipe.
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/05/farinata-italian-chickpea-pancake-recipe.html

Please log in or register to post a reply.