book difference

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

Hi, just looking through the site and saw the book cover. …glanced over to my copy and the cover has a little green circle on it which says “Australian and New Zealand edition”. Just got me wondering about what the difference is. Any ideas?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

I’m tempted to say it’s printed upside down but I won’t ๐Ÿ˜€
    Perhaps any food mentioned in there is more orientated to the area ?

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

Lol. Bill. Don’t be silly. …We just have to stand on our heads to read it. ๐Ÿ˜œ

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi DJD , that’s a funny image!!
    I’m thinking the same as Bill – and the price will be printed differently as you won’t be paying in pounds sterling! Some of your foods are different or go under different names. You have some foods we can’t get back in Blighty! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi DJDAussie, Some of the differences are the names eg courgette/zuchinni. I don’t really know, but would another difference be the measuring? eg Australian Standard Measurements….I have no idea really. BUT it gives me an idea for a new ‘spotto’ game!

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

LOL, I got my book online from the UK cos I couldn’t wait for stock to arrive in Australia. Guess I’m lucky I’m bilingual then and didn’t need it to be translated from English to ‘Strine’ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

If it’s only ingredient names then that’s OK. …just as long as the “pommies” aren’t eating full English breakfasts and high afternoon teas without us knowing. ….. lol. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

Cherrianne it could have been a disaster couldn’t it?lol.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Streuth Cherrianne, bilingual – English and Strine, I love it! BSDers going global.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Of course we pommies are having full english breakfasts while you Ozzies sup those strange drinks shhhhhhh don’t tell Michael ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Yep Switzerland there’s no limit to my talents! Don’t have to mentally translate ‘eggnishner’ or ’emma chiset’ anymore lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

eggnishner and emma chiset???? what do I need to know before my trip to OZ???? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Judith try saying it quickly with an Aussie accent! Can you hear it now? Eggnishner becomes air conditioner, Emma chiset becomes how much is it!!!
    Practice, practice and practice again or no one will understand you when you get here lol ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.