Blood sugar after 7 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by BigJH
    on

Hi, 7 weeks in and lost 2 stone and 4in off my waist (yay). GP gave me an opportunity to follow the diet before giving me a formal diagnosis as my 2 blood tests were into the diabetic range.

At week 7 and only just bought a blood sugar monitor so only done 2 tests but unsure of how to feel about or understand the results. First one which was about 3 hours after a light lunch was 5.7mmol and the second was 3.8mmol which was 2 hours after a decent dinner – is that good or bad as the second one seems low? Cheers

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi BigJH, I am so pleased for you that your doctor had to sense and knowledge to recommend this plan. Many are against it but mainly due to ignorance. Bravo.

Your readings sound as though you are in the range of ‘normal’ and I wouldn’t worry too much about a low reading as long as you feel okay, no blurred vision, numbness in the fingers, sweating etc. With a 2 stone weight loss you should be back into pre-diabetes or even normal. I am sure your doctor will be pleased with your progress. Let us know.

Please log in or register to post a reply.