Blood Test Results after 6 Weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Some people may know that I had my HbA1c blood test taken last week and the Doctors phoned me the next day to arrange another blood test in a month/4 weeks to check my platelet levels (post started – low platelets)

Doctors phoned me again today to say that my B12/folate levels were low and they wanted another blood test. I mentioned their previous platelet phone call and they said they knew but that this was something different – afain anybody else getting these results after using the diet??

• posted by quinnt
    on

Hi – I know that vegans need to take B12 supplement but not sure on the others.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Ziggy

you are evidently well on course to being a mystery to medical science.

OH came off all his metformin after his doctor’s visit yesterday, and after having generally low blood count (including platelets as I mentioned previously), with prescribed iron tablets, the doctor told him the results were generally marginal and not a reason for worry. So he is continuing with just 1 iron tablet daily.

With regard to the B12/folate levels, he doesn’t seem to have experienced those, so no detailed help, sorry. As quinnt says, Mr Google doesn’t have much helpful to say, does he.

Can’t believe that the BSD food would affect this adversely, though? You are emulating Popeye with regard to the spinach, you said.

I expect you will have to explore it all thoroughly with the medics at your appointment, and doubtless they will be equally puzzled. I’m tempted to think these are just freak results and go to show how variable the range of acceptable levels actually are.

Good luck, and it will certainly help to take Folic Acid tablets if you are intending to get pregnant. (joke).

🙂

• posted by Ziggy
    on

Thanks igorsusual, and if I get pregnant I will definitely be a mystery to medical science.

I go for results next week, maybe the GP will mention having further blood tests done, I’m not really all that worried. I do know that I had really cut down on dairy during the diet. Cheese, butter etc. Only ate 5 yogurts (5 yogurts in 55+ years – something new for me!!)

I had home made vegetable soup every day for lunch. Yes – every day!!!!!

Thinking seriously though, I may not have eaten as many leafy greens as I might have, and no meat – vegetarian – so my diet may have been lacking in B12 and folates etc.

Great news about your OH coming off meds, must be a great feeling of success for him.

😎

Please log in or register to post a reply.