Being accountable for once in my life !!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Aussiechick88
    on

Hi all ,
    So here I am about to lay every thing on the table and be accountable to myself and to blog about my journey. I want to look back on where I have been and where I am now . I never am going to let myself get this big again because life is just not fun being a unhealthy mum to three beautiful active girls under 5 and as I discover new health and a new way of life I would love some support and encouragement to keep me going please !

So in March 2016 I had my last follow up at my doctors as I was put on medication for postnatal psychosis in November 2015 after having my baby . I no longer needed to be on medication and after stopping the medication I had gained a lot of weight. The heaviest I have been in my entire life and I was embarrassed and ashamed to say the least ! 1m 80cm tall. 140 kg ( 22 stone 0.65 lbs ) bmi 41 + stared me in the face and the hard reality hit me I was heading for life changing health problems if I did not start to do something about it and probably wouldn’t live a very long life which is a very true realisation and not very nice to think about having 3 dependant children to love and care for. So I started little changes like increasing water intake to 2ltrs a day , ate smaller portions , cut as much sugar as I could and was more aware if what I was eating instead of shoving the closest thing I could grab into my mouth !
    I lost 6.4 kg from these changes which was a great start to keep me going !
    Then I discovered this new way of life and don’t ever want to look back ! I am so happy with how far I have come in such a short time even though I have a lot to loose , bit by bit , day by day , I will get to a healthy weight; BMI and be a more fun active mum with my girls !

Week 1 start weigh on BSD -16 may 16
    133.6 kg ( 21 stone 0.54 lbs ) bmi 40

Week 2 start weight
    127.9 kg ( 20 stone 1.97 lbs) bmi 38.6
    Total loss 5.7 kg

Week 3 start weight
    125.3 kg ( 19 stone 10.24 lbs bmi 37.9
    Total loss 2.6 kg

Weight loss total for 3 weeks so far !!
    8.3 kg !!!!

I know it’s only a blimp in the scheme of things and I do have a long way to go but I am so excited that I have started this journey and credit so much of my inspiration by each and every one on all the forums , you all have helped me to be accountable to myself and to get out there and become BSD loser !!

Thank you all for your real honest and awesome posts blogs , look forward to reading more along the way !

Will check in week 4 on Monday 6 June.

Keep on loosing ;

Xx

Bianca

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Bianca,

Wow! Well done for being so honest… it is brilliant that you have made such a fantastic start. Those of us with more to lose will be here to share and offer support if you want.
    I joined the BSD800’s 7 weeks ago and plan to stay with this new way of being /eating for as long as it takes – or forever (whichever comes first😉)

Congratulations!

Imogen🌻

• posted by Aussiechick88
    on

Hi Imogen ,

Thank you for your reply !
    Being here is super encouraging seeing so many people on the same path to help control or rid of their diabetes and also to loose weight that are heading that direction if action wasn’t taken ASAP !
    Congrats to you sticking to it for 7 weeks ; I am planning to stick with it same as you 😊

Hope your having a great day !

Bianca

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hey Bianca

Well done you! The benefits of this new way of eating and THINKING will keep you positive. With age comes wisdom…here’s a gem for you as a tip: my daughter is 41 years old, when she thinks back to her childhood she recalls me always being on a diet and the rigors that came with that. Make better memories for your little people, this is far better than any “diet,” it’s a license for a healthy life.
    This week I read a lovely sentence which hit home for me. “Do it because you love your body, not because you hate it.”
    Be kind to yourself, the bad patch you had is now behind you, onwards and upwards, ooops, no, when it comes to scales DOWNWARDS please.
    I miscounted today because time has passed so quickly I have completed 12 weeks. The change in my health is amazing.

Nettle

• posted by Bissell
    on

Brilliant Bianca, what an achievement already!
    I think you and others are spot on in saying this needs to be a lifestyle choice, not a diet as such. Like you, I am encouraged by the weight I have lost so far and can’t see myself ever going back to carbs, when I feel so much better without them.
    Here’s to us all!

Please log in or register to post a reply.