Before and after cooking!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Frog
    on

I had a delicious ‘lean’ burger for brunch – no carbs, so it isnt stuffed with wheat or other fillers.

The weight on the deli label said 175 grams, so I logged that while I was cooking.
    Looking at the amount of fat in the pan after I’d cooked it, I decided to weigh it again, as I wasn’t going to eat the fat that was left – the cooked weight was only 135g (& 130 after i’d cut of a piece for the cat!)
    85 Calories back!

I also had coleslaw with it – after chopping a mound of cabbage and carrot, I weighed 15g of mayonnaise (the alleged serving size according to the jar), I looked at the pile of veg and realised the mayonnaise wasn’t going to go very far. Not wanting to give up on having coleslaw, I mixed the mayonnaise with 30g of quark; it worked really well and tasted delicious. If I have it again I may experiment with cutting it to 10g of mayonnaise.
    I imagine yoghurt or creme fraiche would work just as well as quark
    Scary when I think about how much mayonnaise I used to eat pre-BSD, usually with chips!

Please log in or register to post a reply.