Bathroom Scales! 2KG up overnight?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Diez66
    on

Last night we cleaned the bathroom and did a pretty thorough job, it is a tiled floor and the scales have sat here for some time.
    When we lifted them up there was a lot of compacted dust that we have not cleaned off for some time and one of the feet, covers, fell off.
    So, we cleaned it up, replaced the cover and it was job done.

Next morning I weighed, as I always do. Oh, What! 2 KG up overnight nooooo.
    Gave it some thought and wondered if it was anything to do with the cleaning and fluff removal. It does say place scales on a firm floor.
    My wife weighed and low and behold, 2 KG up, phew!.

So now I know I was possibly 2 KG more when I started but I have still lost the same amount which is really good.
    I took just over a week longer than I thought to get from obese to healthy, (NHS BMI rules) but that is also aright.
    It also means I have a couple more KG to go than I thought but again, not a problem.

Gave me a start though, up and 2KG, glad we sussed it but it has reinforced my claim that nothing good comes from cleaning and housework in general. I am told that I am wrong about this by the way.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Great story Diez66, sorry about the 2kg, but with your determination you will soon knock that off. In fact, with all this cleaning exercise it may go really quickly ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Frog
    on

bit scary – are you sure that they are weighing accurately now?
    Try them 10-20 times and just check you get the same result each time

If they are out, but giving consistent results, it isnt too much of a problem.
    A few weeks ago I discovered that mine were giving very variable readings (differing by just over 1kg) – so I replaced them.

I once interviewed a personal trainer who suggested house cleaning could be very good aerobic exercise.
    I decided it probably wasn’t a good match & didn’t use her.

Please log in or register to post a reply.