Bad loss this week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jan1259
    on

I’ve been in the 800 cal diet now for just over 2 weeks, i lost 7lb in the first week but my last weigh in which was today revealed that I’d only lost 2lb, is this normal because it doesn’t seem much for no carbs, no sugar, and only 800 Cals please advise thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Jan, your first week will have been quite a lot of water plus your body got a shock. Have you measured your waist, you should find it goes down quite quickly. Anyway, that is 9 lbs in 2 week, I bet that is better than other diets you have tried. You might also find you hit a plateau around week 3 or 4 where you dont lose anything. Dont panic, it will happen. Go to the search at the top rh of the page and type in Plateau, you will find lots of discussion on this. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Cary
    on

Don’t panic or even worry. Your weight loss will resume, it’s the pure science of calories in vs calories expended 😃🎄

• posted by Jan1259
    on

Thanks for the advice, what happens if you end up going off the diet for a day in the middle of the 8 weeks, I’m asking because of Christmas and I’m going to the Christmas markets where there is mulled wine hot chocolate and all kinds of tempting stuff, please help lol, I have no will power when I’m with family xx

on

Jan, one day will not hurt even if you gain a couple of pounds, but be honest we are all going to gain a few pounds over the week of madness. I doubt you have been checking your blood glucose as you are ‘not quite diabetic’ I guess pre-diabetic. No need to check but I bet there has been a difference there. If you go back to eating lots of carbs it is possible your BG will go back to where it was but by the time Christmas comes you might find you are not craving carbs so much and wont eat quite so many anyway.

You say you might come off the diet for one day (Christmas Day) which sounds to me like you are going to get straight back on it. But you also say you are going to Christmas markets so maybe that is another day or 2. My advice, eat what you want within reason, when you are not out celebrating stick to the BSD 800 as close as possible. More important, enjoy Christmas with your family and worry about weight in the new year. It is not a time for making yourself miserable or feeling guilty.

• posted by Jan1259
    on

Thanks, after Christmas do I just start the 8 weeks again? I must sound really dumb but I don’t want to spoil things

on

Jan, why not, it will be a new start for you. I have been on the BSD800 for over 5 months. Not because I have a lot of weight to lose (possibly 3 stone at the start) but because I have had diabetes for 11 years. I see people come and go here, try the diet lose a lot because the have lots to lose but then they seem to walk away. I hope they are still in there somewhere. I am trying to manage a medical condition that rules my life. I cannot say I am on a diet then say I am not, this is my life. Doing the 800 over and over again will not hurt you until you reach a weight you are happy with then you can go on to maintenance like 5:2 or the Mediterranean, for me I will always be on the BSD in one form or another.

• posted by Jan1259
    on

Yeah I don’t wish to be diabetic so it’s something that is working for me, I do have history of a fatty liver which I believe can turn into liver disease, I don’t want that either, I’ve put nearly 4 stone on and have just taken off 9lb, I won’t go overboard today because I don’t want to undo the good I’ve just done, wish me luck and I’ll let you know how I go on, it’s a change of life for me not just a fad, thanks for the advice x

Please log in or register to post a reply.