August 2022 interim or new to Fast 800 ? One week at a time beg 2nd August 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone
    This is a strange time. The thread is quiet, no doubt because lots of people are on holiday or having a break ?
    Summer here in the Northern hemisphere is not always conducive to fresh starts , maybe September is more a time of renewal ?

I am still in ‘holiday mode’ to be honest as I am back from my UK break but my son is still in France until the 9th August and a big get together is planned this weekend before he goes back to Australia. After that we have visitors coming from the Uk who have not been for 3 years . That takes us up to the end of August.

Sooooo it’s not easy being totally focused as there will be more meals prepared and fewer fasting periods but I am just doing my best . At least there are fewer carby temptations in France and no major celebrations apart from the weekend do which is a relaxed buffet style event .

I will keep the thread open for anyone who wishes to pop in . Realistically I expect it will remain quiet for a few weeks .
    If this is a bit of an ‘interim’ period for you while you enjoy a summer break or if you have pressing family commitments ( thinking of you HopefulinOz xxx) , don’t worry we can re focus in September .If you are starting out ( welcome Cecilia !) we will do our best to advise but apologise if the thread is less active for the moment .

Just take care of yourselves and check in when you can
    Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine girl ( who will be back around the 20th August ) Enjoy your break , SG !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hopefully you are still with us ? xx

Wendleg/Wendy
    Sunshine-girl
    SunnyB
    Florab85/Lauren
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    WindyJulz
    Natalie
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Slimmingruby
    FlowersForever
    Jess213
    OriginalMurrayMint
    Mrs H22/Laura
    HopefulinOz
    DaisyWalsh
    Russianroulade
    arcticfox
    Californiagirl
    sixturkeys
    CeciliaFW

• posted by florob85
    on

I’m still here in spirit!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hang on in there ,Lauren !!! xxxxxx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All,
    I am back after several weeks of job interview prep, alongside my regular jobs, children, pet (problems), summer garden pressure and some busy weekends….oh, and another horrible virus that we all came down with….the WOE took a backseat to be fair!

Anyhow, I got my promotion! Which is v exciting 😊…..cheers, Lauren, to yours as well 🥂🍾……for me it’s a return to a level that I was at 3 or 4 y ago when I basically had a nervous breakdown prior to my bipolar diagnosis…so I stepped down a grade to take the work pressure off and give me time to learn to manage the condition and get used to the medication etc…..now I am more stable I felt ready to get back on my career horse…..plus, kids being older (all of secondary school age) really helps too 😊😊

Back on the v low carbs for 6 days now, altho not strict on calories yet. I was starting to get sugar reactions again last week so I know my poor body is all out of whack as I haven’t been treating it very well…..also I am now able to fit in some exercise again, starting with walks.

Hope everyone’s ok. Wendy- was the uk fun?

xxxxxxx

• posted by RubyG
    on

RubyG also here in spirit, and hang in there Lauren, and everyone else. Hope you’re enjoying your break SG, daughter’s wedding?
    My weight is hovering at 12st3lb, still low carbing but eating too much and not being mindful either. Hubby has his blood tests next week, so hoping they’re OK, no reason they shouldn’t be as he is still following this way of eating.
    We did have a lovely meal last night of fresh cod with chorizo and peppers, on a bed of cauli rice – it seems like ages since I made an effort to make something tasty for supper, rather than just stir-frying a chicken breast with whatever veggies happened to be in the fridge.
    We have quite a few days away/weekends away in August, so I’m not expecting any weight loss, but will continue with the plan and enjoy the summer.
    Have a good beginning of August all 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi RubyG..yes just do what you can. Enjoy your August breaks too

That’s my plan and it is nice having an abundance of veggies here. All the best to your hubby too xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh wow Tulip / Clare ! Fabulous news ! So pleased for you….well done !🤗🤗
    That should give you a well deserved lift after some tough times. Sorry you picked up another nasty virus. You must be buzzing now after getting the promotion and feeling able to get back to exercise.
    Keep checking in with us when you can.

We had a great time in the UK albeit very busy with family celebrations, wedding,babies to meet etc. We were mostly in the Midlands with a few days in Somerset. Birmingham Airport was mad though….heaving !
    Food choices not so.good (cream teas featured 😱 and my sister’s sourdough !)
    Oh well…I needed that special time xx

All the best Clare. Hopefully Lauren will pop in too. You are both absolute stars..pushing through and getting your promotions despite lots of tough stuff to deal with .😚😚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wendy, thank you for keeping the weekly thread going. I’m sure there are some, like me, who definitely need it at the moment.
    Lauren and Tulip, well done both on your promotions. Do what you can BSD wise, but obviously getting to grips with your new roles will take priority.
    Wendy and others enjoying family time and/or holidays, after the last few years of restrictions, let your hairdown and make the most of these special social events.

My situation is that I desperately need to get back on track and ditch some poundage! Too much of my wardrobe is getting too snug and I only have until 21st September to get myself sorted. Shamefully instead of losing anything in the last three weeks, I have gained another pound, so am now looking at 10lb to banish!

So from today, I am now seriously completely and utterly committed to strict 800/20 again, with spreadsheet prepped to record everything … Wish me luck!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just thought I’d report in, as last evening I decided I would kick off my new BSD campaign with an extended fast. Obviously this is a personal choice and not something recommended in any of the BSD books, but I just thought it would help me tap in the the will power and discipline I’ll need to really get to grips with the task ahead.

Currently I’m 23hrs in, with only slight and fleeting hunger pangs so far. Will see how tomorrow goes and will break fast when I feel I really need to, but am hoping to get to around 6pm.

Hope you are all managing to make good BSD choices, even if you’re not able to control cals and keep proper track of intake.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Hi I’m still here, congratulations to Lauren and Tulip on your promotions. Struggling to lose this 4 lbs just keep yoyoing. 2lb down, 2lb up etc Being good losing, then giving in to a small temptation and going back up. I need to be more consistent. I am in a 24hr fast currently to kick start myself.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Elle, really feel your frustration at sliding back and forth across the same pounds. Hope your fast goes well and it gives you to focus you’re looking for, to push ahead and ditch those stubborn pounds.

My fast proved easier than I thought it would be. Broke my fast this evening, having completed 45hrs. If I hadn’t planned to end it when I did, I think I could have continued, but 45hrs was enough for a first run at an extended fast, it’s the longest I’ve done and was surprised it wasn’t more difficult. Because I’d planned the finish time, the hunger pangs really kicked in. It was nice to feel properly hungry though.

Had a modest meal to break fast this evening, including a salad dressing made of yogurt, lemon juice, a little grated parmesan and S&P … very tasty.
    Feel that I’m now set up to properly tackle 800/20 from here on in and I think I’m going to do a fast Sunday through to Tuesday over the next few weeks too. Really determined to get back to target!!!

Hope you are all doing okay. Do drop in and tell us how things are going.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It’s very quiet on the thread, but I know some of you are busy / vacationing, so are not able to post, but I hope you are all doing okay and making good BSD food choices when you can.

I’m happy to report I seem to be back in the groove again and already feeling better for it. Have cut back on the over consumption of fat, but having done my figures for today, I realise I might have pared back a bit too much. So right now I’m enjoying a small piece of manchego cheese and a decaf coffee with 11g of double cream as a bit of a treat!

• posted by C9018
    on

Hi Everyone
    I am now on day 11 of Fast 800 and almost struggling to eat all 800 calories! Is this normal? I normally would graze all day, hence the huge weight gain especially now in menopause

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi just popped in to say to C9018 that it is common to find it difficult to eat 800 especially if you are very low carb. Not sure if you just cant manage to eat that amount or if you cant get to 800 because you are v.l.carb. You will get used to this way of eating. You might be eating more than you realise so make sure you are using a calorie and carb calculator or you will be doing something I did which was forget to count the oil I used to cook my scrambled egg or the milk in my 2 coffees- oops.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just to let you know the wedding was wonderful and we are now animal sitting while the newly weds have taken their 5 children to Centreparks for a long weekend. Then we will be touring Scotland for a few days then back down to England to catch up with my bestie before heading back to France. Dont forget to keep on keeping on.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

SunshineGirl, so pleased the wedding was wonderful. Enjoy your tour of Scotland…. have a wee dram for me!
    C9018, if getting up to the 800 calories is proving difficult, remember you can drizzle some olive oil on salad or pop a little butter or grated cheese on veggies. These options add calories with their fat content, but little to nothing on carbs.

Really surprised it’s been so easy to get back into strictly weighing, measuring and recording all consumed. It feels so good to be back in control. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

• posted by C9018
    on

Thanks for your guys, I am now adding in extra butter etc to get calories up to 800. After 12 days I have lost 5.2lbs which I’m quite happy with because on other diets I wasn’t losing anything, even gaining weight on some.
    I’m loving the recipes and have a spreadsheet to calculate the day’s calories, protein and carbs for the next day.
    As there is no low fat things I’m find the food is really tasty too.
    Have a great weekend everyone

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad it’s going well, C9018. Sounds like you are properly in the swing of things and already seeing results. Keep us posted snd shout if you have any other questions.

Quick report from me – reading on the scales now heading in the right direction and I’m still finding it easy to keep track. Really have been surprised how easy it was to get back in the 800 habit again, once I got the mindset sorted.

Enjoy the rest of you weekend folks! (Wendy, I know you are having a fantastic time celebrating with family!)

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Back here again after some time away. Back on F800, too. Feeling better for it. My cholesterol is borderline at 5.7. My HDL, LDL and triglycerides are within normal limits. It happened once before when I started upping my egg intake. Do you think I should be worried? I’m having a couple of slices of low carb break as I need the fibre. For other Aussie members I buy the Woolies brand. 2.1 g carb/slice. My doctor suggested upping my fibre to help with lowering my cholesterol. Take Care everyone

• posted by Riccoh
    on

Back here again after some time away. Back on F800, too. Feeling better for it. My cholesterol is borderline at 5.7. My HDL, LDL and triglycerides are within normal limits. It happened once before when I started upping my egg intake. Do you think I should be worried? I’m having a couple of slices of low carb break as I need the fibre. For other Aussie members I buy the Woolies brand. 2.1 g carb/slice. My doctor suggested upping my fibre to help with lowering my cholesterol. Take Care everyone

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone

Thanks SunnyB for keeping the thread going . The objective is just to keep it alive for a few more weeks and then we can begin September with renewed vigour and motivation !

The farewell celebration for my son this weekend was wonderful despite stoopid temperatures here in SW France. He flies back to Australia tomorrow. It’s tough for me but I have to accept he needs to pursue his Australian adventure for now. We have had a fantastic summer, both in the Uk and France with wonderful memories .

I still have not discarded my ‘excess baggage’ from the UK trip 😉 I know I am sort of allowing myself until the end of August as we have two lots of visitors to cater for so I am being realistic .

So I am going to set up a new weekly thread to keep it alive even though it is not very active .

• posted by wendleg
    on

Welcome back Riccoh ! Sorry for not replying sooner . About cholesterol, I remember reading that it was not something to panic about in the same way that fats had been vilified but I am sure your doctor is vigilant .

Lauren , can you tell us more about cholesterol ? I never had a problem with fibre to be honest but favoured psyllium husk in case of difficulties and lots of water.

Welcome C9018 , sorry not to be very useful right now .Thanks Sunny and SG for helping out. So pleased you have made a good start .

Right, off to start the new thread now xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.