August 2022 interim or new to Fast 800 ? One week at a time beg 23 August 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

The summer is slowly coming to an end here . We have friends who have arrived from the UK in their caravan , staying until the end of the week .
    September is edging closer , the ‘rentrรฉe’ in France is a moment of back to school ,reset, re charge,etc etc and I definitely need that !
    So I am setting up this thread to take us into the end of August and then things get serious .
    That’s given me an idea for the new thread
    Getting serious in September ๐Ÿ˜‰ Any other ideas ?
    Please continue to contribute if you can , depending on what is going on right now and how you are feeling ( Lauren and Tulip ?)
    Thinking of you too, SG xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for keeping us going Wendy. Hope everyone is doing okay and will get a chance to check in at some point over the coming week. If you are struggling, just continue to make good food choices when you can and we’ll be here to offer whatever support we can.

On a personal note, not quite where I’d hoped to be at this point, but am in another extended fast (22hrs so far). Have no social events happening between now and our next trip, so no excuses for not getting to target by then๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป๐Ÿ™‚.

Have a good week folks.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All, just back from our hols in Scotland….it was good, just a few hiccups along the way…..I feel very in need of getting back to healthier eating….big weekend with family coming up and 2 birthdays, but I plan to eat as perfectly as poss until my daughter’s cake on Thurs afternoon, and then just do my best over the weekend, before really getting back to it after that….

hope everyone is doing well,

Clare xxx

• posted by HopefulinOz
    on

“Getting serious in September” sounds perfect, Wendy – it’s exactly what I need after a very undisciplined August!
    Hope you are all well, and SG, I hope your appointment this week went as smoothly as possible. x

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, nice to be back. I have had a consultation with the lung doctor this afternoon and it is sort of good news. I have asthma and possibly sleep apnea. I am all wired up for a not very good nights rest to test my snoring, oxygen levels etc. What a relief to get such a quick diagnosis. Apparently I do have emphasema damage but because I stopped smoking 30 years ago the damage has not progressed although it is still visible on the scan. Yipeeeeee, I can get on with my life.

Starting back on plan today and I have only gained 1kg in the 3 weeks we were away. That is just over 2lbs. Surprised it wasnt more but to be honest the weight started dropping as soon as we got home.

I hope everyone else is ready to get back on track and see August out with enthusiasm. Still going to be warm /hot in northern Europe so salads all round.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad you have a diagnosis and it’s reasonably good one, SG. Sounds like you are very much back on track and I know you’ll kick that kilo into touch quick start!

Broke my 47hr fast this evening and planning to be super strict on measuring and recording this week. ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป this will help me get to my goal.

Tulip/Clare, enjoy the rest of your celebrations. We’ll be here to cheer you in when you want to get back to BSD.

• posted by florob85
    on

Good news SG, really pleased itโ€™s not anything more serious and something they can do something about x

• posted by RubyG
    on

Still lurking in the shadows here……….
    Glad the appointment went OK SG, and like many others on here I have enjoyed my summer but need a reset. Although I now live in the UK, I spent more than half my years in the southern hemisphere and September is spring-cleaning time in my head, maybe it translates up north to nesting and getting ready for winter.
    Have a good week all ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well after all that turmoil and worry I have had time to think about what I want to do next. I will probably never stop the diabetic aspect of this plan and remain low carb but realised I am totally obsessed to reaching my goals. When something comes along a pulls you up short it makes you wonder why the heck you are bothering and life is for living. So, although I will koko with both weight loss and BG improvement, it will not be the be all and end all. I think there will be more going out and enjoying myself and looking forward to having meals out and not obsessing over one bread roll.

I will still be around the site and this thread but I am taking things as they come.

Having said that I have already lost 1kg since getting back home last week – mainly just making much better choices than is possible on holiday so instead of gaining 2kgs I count it as only gaining the one.

KOKO everyone
    BTW whats with all the cake makers jumping onto the site. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

SG I am glad you have your diagnosis and can now move forward. You are quite right in that we have to live alongside this woe. I was 1/2lb off of my target this morning and my fiance decided that he was taking me out to brunch, which was lovely and so I guess I won’t be at target in the morning ๐Ÿ˜‚ but heyho we had a nice time eating out, it’s a balancing act in reality will 1/2lb make any difference except in my head. โš–๏ธ Am I obsessed, YES ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• posted by RubyG
    on

Good philosophy SG, and you have proven that you can manage BG with this WOE, an inspiration to us all!
    I can report that I have shed last weekend’s excesses (now need to shed the previous weekend’s excesses and get back to 12st again) but I’ve had a decent few days of occasional TRE, veggie soup for lunch and some form of meat with a side salad for supper – harvesting fresh lettuce from the raised beds so it has been good.
    Finally we have some proper rain in England, good soaking stuff which is very welcome.
    Have a good rest of your week everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi All … there is now a new weekly thread, the title of which begins ‘Getting SERIOUS in September’. Wendy will be posting tomorrow, but was keen the new thread was set up today, so asked me to kick it off for her.
    Hope you will all be joining us for a week that brings us in to a new month and a fresh start.
    See you there.

Please log in or register to post a reply.