astonishing

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lizziedrip
    on

After doing the 800 calorie diet for 1 week, my blood sugars went from 5.8 to 4.6 after losing just 4lbs in weight, My diabetic partner had readings of just over 15 and 1 week later and 5lbs weight off down to 4.4

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Truly amazing – the body’s ability to self heal if we just give it a chance. Fantastic results Lizzie and hubby, you have every incentive to continue. Have fun telling people how you did it!

• posted by Lizziedrip
    on

Well Janet 1973, we have followed Michael Moseleys recipes more or less, but have the odd cup of coffee or tea with, in my case 1/2 spoon sugar which is half sugar/half sweetener and milk. I have to say the first few days were just awful & depressing as I love all the things we can’t have on this diet, Bread, Potatoes, Pasta. As my calories were very low one day I had vegetable curry with a tablespoon of basmati rice (delicious) Cutting out these carbs seems to be getting easier & easier so we are trying to do the whole 8 weeks. We haven’t lost much percentage of our weight, so I do really find it truly amazing just one week knocking out those carbs brings blood sugars almost normal.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Lizzie
    Its funny but my experience has been that I haven’t missed the carbs at all even though they were 80% of what I ate before. I have found that swapping ordinary milk for soya milk has meant I don’t need any sweeteners – another big vice of mine. Other people swap milk for full fat cream. If you find you have calories to spare, try using them on fats like butter, coconut oil or olive oil rather than carbs. They will satisfy you more and are actually good for your weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Please log in or register to post a reply.