Apps

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Can anyone recommend an app for iPhone and/or iPad that is for UK foods.

Tried a few, but they seem more for US foods.

• posted by Puffer21
    on

I use myfitnesspal. Very easy to use, about 5 mins to set up. It will keep telling you that your not eating enough, but just ignore it.

• posted by MaryR
    on

Hi captainlynne,
    I haven’t found a British one, but have found Cronometer works quite well, as long as you remember things like that courgettes being zucchini, and beetroot being beets! Having said that, I am not looking for any branded foods, if you were I guess it would be less useful. And you can add your own recipes and foods to the list. It gives lots of weight and measurement options, which are helpful, so less conversion needed.
    MaryR

• posted by LifeChange
    on

I use MyNetDiary – the Diabetes version. You have to pay for it, and many of the best features are in the premium version which I haven’t bought, but otherwise it’s quite OK. You can scan foods you like and if it doesn’t have that food listed you send them the barcode and picture of the nutritional table and they create an entry within 24 hours.

I also like that I can enter my blood glucose readings and weight. There are loads of charts too – which I enjoy as it shows me visually how much I am loosing.

Hope this helps.

• posted by Bentleyboy
    on

Also I am looking for an app that…
    – runs on iOS
    – is free and does not constantly beg for money (“Become a PRO”)
    – does not need a “registration”
    – does not send my data around the entire internet. Works locally on my device
    – lets user decide how many calories s/he needs (i.e. 800 not 1.600/day as most apps propose ;°)

Cheers,
    B.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

A notebook and pen?

• posted by Verano
    on

Fatsecret.co.uk or .com if not in UK

Please log in or register to post a reply.