Apples wrecked my day!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Daisy Daisy
    on

Hi everyone,

just letting out my frustration! I love apples and have been really missing them. Yesterday I had a weak moment and ate two, one after the other and they were good. I’ve just entered my details for yesterday on Fat Secret (that site is wonderful!) and those two apples not only pushed me well over 800 calories but also wrecked my carb count.

Who knew those two round rosy pieces of fruit would cause so much havoc? Be warned, fruit lovers.

• posted by Frog
    on

keep it in perspective – you could have had a craving for mars bars 🙂

• posted by topcac
    on

There’s a recipe in the original book that has apple in it – it’s a breakfast one – it’s delicious – maybe have that a couple of times a week to stave off the cravings?

• posted by Daisy Daisy
    on

Thank you for the advice…………the thing was it wasn’t really a craving; I saw them and ate them. If I’d gone and done something else I’d have forgotten. BUT I really admire all of you who have to feed family so temptation is always at hand. I’m lucky I just buy what we need as OH is following the diet with me.

• posted by Monkeyb
    on

How may carbs are we supposed to be within a day. I have been having an apple and some raspberries every day, still within my 800 calories but maybe I’m not doing this right. I thought apples, berries and pears were ok????
    I have lost 11 & a half pounds in my first two weeks but I don’t want to wreck it further down the line

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

Yes i found the same yesterday! I was surprised. I just had the one and even that was a surprise. Also cashew nuts. I know nuts are good but just a little bit of them can take a lot of calories. Almonds better.

Monkeys think it’s 800 to include everything in the day (including the fruit etc). It all counts.

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

Bananas as well! They are high sugar /carb and can catch you out (they did me).

• posted by Frog
    on

Mindless eating rather than mindfull 🙂
    there is no limit set for carbs – some people aim for 30, restricting to 50 is quite common.
    If you use the search box (top right-hand corner of the page) and search for something like “max carbs” you will find previous discussions on the subject.

Please log in or register to post a reply.