Anyone interested in – Meal replacement info from Prof Taylor

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sarah111
    on

This is the link to the replies by Prof Taylor to the questions he was asked regarding the diet. http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/documents/Diabetes-Reversaloftype2studyJune15.pdf

I have also included an exert regarding milk & sugar in replacement meals.

Optifast
    Although Optifast was used in the study, this is not readily available in the UK unless on prescription.
    An alternative liquid food supplement of similar calorific content is equally suitable. These are
    available from most local supermarkets; you should try several brands to find one most suited to your
    taste. Do not be concerned by the high sugar content as after the first day of very low calorie diet your
    body is able to handle this reasonably well. Ideally, the low calorie meal replacement would be made
    up with water; should this be completely unpalatable, then using skimmed milk is reasonable, although
    the period required to achieve weight loss will be slightly longer.

• posted by Renne
    on

Thank you for this. Very interesting. I am wanting to do the liquid version. Was thinking of slim fast but I wanted more options. There doesn’t seem to be anywhere i can find much info and recipes on low carb juices/shakes. I will re read the mm book to see if he has mentioned any. 🙃

Please log in or register to post a reply.