Any practical tips?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bissell
    on

I’ve just started my second week and I’m aware that progress will slow down. I won’t be able to resist weighing everyday, so I’ve changed my scales to kilogrammes as they show every 0.1kg lost, which is a lot less than 1lb. That should keep me encouraged. I also added a teaspoon of hot lime pickle to my no carb ploughman’s lunch. Phew! A little goes a long way and it certainly spiced it up. Both things helped me get through the day.
    So, any good practical tips to share?

• posted by BSD
    on

I struggled in the afternoon. So I had a coffee/with milk in the morning and water, 10am have breakfast, lunch 1.30-2.00 and evening meal about 6pm. This stopped me snacking at 10/11 and in the afternoon. It’s about trying things that work for you. If you can do some exercise in the morning (long walk) I find that helps as well.

Second week is hard, just stick with it and it gets easier ( I did it for 3mths – 800 – but some off days, so wasn’t a saint)

• posted by Catonamission
    on

I added jalapeños to my cauliflower ‘pizza’ today, which really made it delicious!!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks BSD. I too try and delay my meals as I get a bit despondant once the eating for the day is over! So I plan what I’m eating tomorrow. I’ve never really eaten badly, just far too much. This diet works well for me because I can still plan my cooking, which I enjoy. I just like thinking about food!

Catonamission – it’s amazing how a bit of chilli can perk things up isn’t it? I also think when I’m hungry I’m pathetically grateful for any food! Everything tastes amazing! I’m trying to learn to slow down when I eat and make it last longer.

Please log in or register to post a reply.