Any Low Fodmap followers combining with Fast 800?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by psychicbiscuit
    on

Hi, just wondering if anyone has started the Fast800 diet but also following a low Fodmap diet ( for IBS, Crohn’s etc). I’m looking forward to starting the Fast800 but combining both diets are going to be a bit trickier. Just wondering if anyone has any tips? Thanks

• posted by Bill1954
    on

The FODMAPs in
    the diet are
    :
    F
    ructose (
    fruits, ho
    ney, high fructose corn syrup
    (HFCS
    )
    , etc)
    Lactose (dairy)
    F
    ructans

(
    wheat,
    garlic,
    onion,
    inulin
    etc

First problem I see is the dairy stuff. We are encouraged to eat full fat dairy on this diet. onions too are a main constituent of my meals. Perhaps consult the team, you can find their contact info at the bottom of any forum page

• posted by psychicbiscuit
    on

Thanks Bill1954, I’ve been following low fodmap diet since Aug but keen to tackle weight loss now. Yes, there seems to be lots of ingredients I can’t have esp. pulses. I seem to be ok with dairy though ( thank goodness!) Might just take a bit more planning. Thanks for your help.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Bill
    Re dairy
    I can’t eat dairy, I have soya yogurt and add oil to it for the ‘full fat’ effect.
    Penny

• posted by JakDaw
    on

I’ve just started the Blood Sugar Diet and also following fodmap guidelines on the advice of my doctor. I can eat dairy, but find that a lot of the recipes include pulses, beans, cauliflower and broccoli as carb filler replacements and I can’t eat these, any suggestions on fodmap friendly alternatives please?

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Jakdaw and welcome to the BSD. Monash University (Melbourne, Australia) developed the low FODMAP diet. If you go to their site you should be able to get all of the information you need, then extrapolate the info you need to suit BSD. Best wishes.

• posted by JakDaw
    on

Thanks very much, I’ll follow that up.

• posted by Lisalu
    on

Phew I’m so glad I’m not the only one doing FODMAP & BSD. I am sat here with the 3 books and about to try to do my menu for this week, feel very low and daunted by it all. Especially as yesterday I was in hospital all day blue lighted in with a suspected heart attack. Never been so frightened in my life. In the end they said ‘just one of those thing’ I feel fine today just tired and confused by all of this. But it has to be done…..watch this space I WILL loose 3 stone !

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I have asked the Tech people to check whether you are contravening guidelines for posting on this site as you are advertising your blog to sell products.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Lisalu – not reporting you. I reported a post and it immediately disappeared – so obviously the Tech people were already on the case.

Please log in or register to post a reply.