Annnnd. Say I burn 200 calls walking each day for example.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

Do these count as ‘point’s’ so you can eat a little more perhaps – as I’m doing the 800 cal one. Day 2 today! Wish me luck!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Stacebroon – welcome to the BSD Fast 800. Hope you have been doing okay so far. I think the general consensus is that no, you do not eat extra calories to ‘top-up’ those burnt in exercise. There will be days when you do have a few extra calories of course, but given this is a marathon not a sprint, there will also be days when you have fewer than 800 cals, so it will balance out over the weeks.
    All best wishes to you and I hope you will reach your goal successfully.

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

Awe thank you sunshine. Your advice so far has been fab. Alrwady tried and loved your ‘quiche’!!!!!!
    Need to lose 3 stone xxx

• posted by Stacebroon
    on

Oh it’s sunny b not sunshine lol.
    SORRY!
    Well the quiche is so delish! You tried it too?
    I’ll get to know you all soon….
    Lol lol thanks again!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I know that when you are starting out trying to stretch 800 cals to cover 3 meals sounds hard and the temptation is to increase cals to reflect physical activity. My experience is if you keep carbs low then after a few weeks your appetite reduces and it gets easier, after a while I found that I was comfortable not eating until lunch time which meant I could split the cals between 2 meals which made it much easier to stay within the 800 target.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Stacebroon – unfortunately sunshine also says ‘no’ you cannot eat the burnt calories.

Please log in or register to post a reply.