Amount of protein or ratio to fat

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tanny_lou
    on

I’m doing really well on a fast800 style diet. However I want to make sure I am doing it right so I dont plateaux. I’m definately in ketosis (using the pee sticks to confirm) but my protein intake is more than my fat. Its not stupidly high but I’m wondering is it the amount of protein you have or the ratio?
    Eg today, I had 504 calories, consisting of 19g carb, 30g fat and 55g protein. Obviously the fat is too low but is that an issue?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Tanny-lou. I am not sure about exact ratios but have just watched a video by Dr Becky Gillespie called A Full Day of Keto and she talks about 70% fats. Here is the link https://drbeckyfitness.com/ketomenu/ . 70% sounds a lot but you watch it you will see that the fats are not all pure fats but some oils or fatty acids in foods.

Also not sure if eating such low calories is going to give you all the nutrient ratios you are aiming for. Seems pretty low to me with no room for the extra calories that fats will give you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.