Almost there

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zendo
    on

I am in the last of eight weeks. My weight is now at 71 kgs. That is 8 kgs lower than eight weeks ago. I have dropped one of my three diabetic medications. That happened at day 3. I have also reduced my statins medication by half. My Hba1c is 6.5, down from 7.1 four months ago. My blood sugar readings have been consistently around 5-8 m/litre daily over the 7 weeks. Previously they could be between 9 and 13 at any time. I am now wondering what do I do to stay on these results… Probably the 5/2 Mosley diet. Any thoughts welcomed. I expect that when I have another Hba1c reading in a month or so that my doctor will reduce or eliminate all medications including blood pressure (I believe this may be the most difficult one) but it is the statins and diabetic medications I really want to eliminate. I know that keeping the low carbs is the clue. Last night for the first time I went to a birthday dinner, ate late with lots of carbs and a sweet wine… Sugar today before breakfast… 11.4.. Back on track
    now… That is the good thing.

• posted by Peteinthebayou
    on

I’m almost there too – I finish my 8 weeks on Saturday morning then head away for the long weekend and will try not to undo all the good work. I had a fantastic first 4 weeks but the last 4 have been slow going. 4kgs only… lots of days on plateau which have been frustrating but this week I seem to have broken through and if all goes well for the next 2 days I will be 14kgs down for the 8 weeks. Needless to say I am pleased with this as it is just around the 10% mark. I’m going to do 2 weeks of 5:2 Med style then a solid 8 weeks of BSD800 before the summer vacation.

• posted by Beverley
    on

I am expecting to not lose a lot in the last 3 weeks of the 8 week FastBSD diet and am thinking that’s when I need to add some physical exercise to my daily activities to help the weight loss process along. Although building muscles will mean adding weight, but at least it’s not fat. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.