Almond butter calories?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Charliee
    on

Hi all, today is day 1 for me. I diligently made the almond butter yesterday as per recipe and split into 4. I added some cinnamon . It was really really nice..mine did go like peanut butter.anyway.. I am querying the calories as it say 110 per portion in the book (assuming including the Apple and seeds) but when I put the ingredients in my fitness pal it came up at 427 calories per portion!!! Am I missing something? That’s a huge difference if I had that every day.. :/

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi charliee
    I just put it in MFP and I agree with you. Crazy amount of calories! Did the 4 portions turn out bigger than 2 tablespoons each? Is it making more than 4 portions in fact? That could be the error.
    There’s definitely something wrong with the recipe. If you change it to 30 instead of 300 it comes out at 63 cals per portion so that’s not the answer.
    Penny

• posted by Chloee
    on

Mine doesn’t resemble peanut butter so don’t know what I have done wrong. It’s disgusting 🙁 it is more a fine crumb and yuck

• posted by Charliee
    on

Mine was like that to start with but I thought it was because I tried to do it while hot.. I left it for a bit then re tried and it went like peanut butter. But I had to keep shaking it and stirring it every few seconds and I did add a dash of olive oil to slacken it a bit…

• posted by Charliee
    on

I don’t measure it, but I’d say it was a scant 2 tablespoons…

• posted by Charliee
    on

I got a reply…

Hi Charlotte, thanks for getting in touch

It does seem that there’s an error there somewhere and I will pass it on so it can be revised if needed.

In the meantime, I would reduce portion size to cater for the anomaly but don’t worry too much as almonds are also a good source of fibre.

Thanks

So I ate the other portion but I probably won’t make it again…

• posted by Nelliewilde
    on

Hi I got the book last night & tested several of the recipes in my calorie counter – almost all of them came back with much higher calorie counts than the book says.

• posted by Juevdo
    on

I too thought the calorie count seemed very low for 2 tablespoons of almond butter so checked it in MFP. I was really upset to discover 2 weeks in, that every time I had had this delicious snack (and I’d had it a few times) I was in fact consuming 300 calories more than I had been led to believe by the very book I was placing all my trust in for eight weeks. It makes me wonder how many of the other recipes have the wrong calorie counts?

It would be very useful to have an index of the calorie count of the common foods used in these recipes which would make it easier to add, omit or swap ingredients.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Juevdo
    I look everything up on Calorieking.com
    Penny

Please log in or register to post a reply.