Alcohol guidance

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by swog1
    on

Does anyone have an occasional drink during the diet, which alcohol is the best on 800 BSD? A low calorie tonic and gin? Prosecco? Assume not wine as high sugar? If so, did you add calories as part of the 800?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

hi there swog1, funnily enough I was just reading about the Banting diet that I heard someone mention on TV last night (a contestent on a quiz show so nothing about diet really) and just looked on one of the banting sites and this was mentioned. Anyone on 800 calories cannot afford any alcohol and I drank zero during my first 8 weeks but I am diabetic and saw that the diet was working miracles and didn’t want to mess it up. There are not enough calories available to have much more than 1 drink if you think it is worth it then go ahead but count the calories. As to what drinks, most spirits with low cal mixers are okay – dry white wine and champagne are also okay. I have just checked Prosecco and it contains 5g of carbs and 110 calories per glass so could soon add up. White wine has only just a bit less carbs at 4g but around 70 calories (125ml glass), champagne has 3g carbs and 87 cals. I also believe red wine is okay. The things not to drink are cocktails or fortified wines or anything that tastes sweet. If you are unsure just go on Google (or any other site) and type in the food or drink followed by the words ‘nutritional information’. Also remember that alcohol has no good nutritional value it is just empty calories.

Hope that helps

Please log in or register to post a reply.