After 8 weeks … there was NO change in my Blood Sugar Levels … anyone else ?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kimberley
    on

Hi
    I recently completed the 8 weeks on the diet … and was pleased to see that i had lost just over 4 kgs … and with having PCOS and peri-menopause … this was a great achievement for me. HOWEVER … my fasting blood sugar levels were exactly the same on the last day as it was on the first… I was so focused during the first 6 weeks .. and then in the 7th and 8th a was a little bit more relaxed .. but nothing too drastic.

This was, and is, incredibility disappointing… and i was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience ???
    I have noticed not a lot of people actually put their sugar levels in their comments … however i think it would help everyone if we did.
    Last year i had my levels down into the 5 range – with 1 metformin per night … which was great … but then this year .. it jumped up to in the 7’s (after a very stressful xmas period) … and now its in the 6’s but with 2 metformins …

I began the diet at 6.7 and finished the diet at 6.7 while taking 2 metformins at night. I realise my levels are not dangerously high .. but i still want to get them back to normal ( in the 5 range) without medication. i am 49 … and have had T2D for 3 years …

I have had a three weeks off the diet … (lots of personal stress) .. and i really want to try again … but … as the main objective was to lower my sugar levels … and there was no reduction at all … I am finding it hard to be motivated … is it just me .. or have other people experienced this .. and if so .. what did they do ??? keep going ??? change anything ????
    I would love to hear other people’s input .. ideas .. experiences …

🙂 Kimberley

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hi Kimberley, Perhaps you could share with guthlac above who has a problem with rising sugar levels after doing well on the 800/day there are others too who hopefully will see your post and dive in too. Sounds like a medic is required to intervene/explain.

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Re high sugar levels after 8 weeks
    I believe stress levels may affect bs levels,also was the aimed weight loss achieved ?
    I think the aim of diet is for fast weight loss and if only couple pounds lost maybe this isn’t sufficient to lower bs levels .

• posted by Alanhypno
    on

Week 8 gone for me and couple stone off but need to drop more.
    Now I finds last two weeks it’s sticking pound on pound off thing

Am carrying on past eight weeks,holiday July first so would LOVE to drop half stone for then.

Another point is exercise,I haven’t done much walking but still lost it so back to my walks and may stick a couple swims in too,but realistically I want this to become a lifestyle change not a diet which I think is temporary so normal manageable exercise is the answer or it goes back on !

Big push coming
    Alanhypno

• posted by kimberley
    on

Update ….
    I have started again … this time i decided to go off my medication (2 metformins at night) to see what the “unmasked” effect of food has on my blood sugar levels.
    the surprising thing is – my sugar levels are pretty much in the same range (6+) … while following this eating plan … as when i was on the medication – UNLESS … i eat rice or pasta… then my levels jump up into the 7+.
    I have taken a few tips from other people on this site … and am trying the tablespoon of olive oil (straight) in the morning and at night.
    Obviously my goal at the end of this 8 week block is that my levels will have dropped .. and stabilized … and that i have lost more weight. I do know i need to increase my exercise . which i keep trying to do …. i just need to DO IT !!
    I have to say … i am really enjoying this eating plan – i find i have very simple meals … with fresh veg etc … and all home cooked. it makes packing my lunch etc for work very easy. and trust me .. i AM a food lover.
    🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.