After 6 weeks, thinking ahead

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

6 weeks in to the BSD I’m thinking ahead to what I’ll do at the end of the 8 weeks. Do I stay on this or move to 5:2? In th6 weeks I’ve lost 23 pounds (10% of my starting weight) and dropped at least a dress size. More importantly my FBS is down in to the 5s, with the occasional 6. A considerable improvement.

My diabetes nurse is delighted. My BP is now low and she’s checking if I can come off those meds. She asked if I would stay on this or move to 5:2 and I wasn’t sure. I’ve had no problems on BSD so would be happy to stay on it unless evidence it would be better to move to 5:2.

Which is the best direction to take? Opinions please.

• posted by SMG
    on

Well done you! I have only been on it a week so far and really enjoying trying out all the recipes on here and not feeling hungry at all.

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

I don’t know the answer to this, but I wanted to say THAT’S BRILLIANT! Well done, and good luck finding a way to proceed after you finish the eight weeks.

• posted by Vaughnie
    on

Well done that’s amazing you must be so happy with that. If it’s working for you and you’re enjoying it why not do another 8 weeks, especially knowing you can switch to 5:2 whenever. S
    I’m starting tomorrow and feeling excited.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m actually thinking about moving on to a 1:6, where I stay on 800 calories six days a week but just have one day when I relax on calorie counting a bit.

• posted by JackieMac
    on

I think if you have a lot to lose then you can stay on it, I’m sure this is stated in the book somewhere. As others have suggested 5:2 or 1:6 sound like great ideas! Stick with it great achievement. I am so happy as today after 3 weeks I am 1 stone lighter. This is the easiest eating plan I have tried and I find it easy to stick to it too. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.