Advice please – Am I doing something wrong?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hb
    on

I started the fast 800 diet 9 days ago. I don’t have diabetes and am not pre diabetic but have a bit of fat to lose around my tummy and wanted to get back to feeling healthy and energetic. I am loving the food and have been following the plan pretty well ( with the odd square of dark chocolate) but my weight loss seems slow, especially when you read the case studies. I have only lost 5 pounds so far – good but my target is two stone. Am I doing something wrong? I have a fairly sedentary desk job. I walk to work but and haven’t begun to really up my exercise yet. Is that the issue? Any advice folks?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Everyone is different and we lose weight at different rates.
    Go to one of the slimming clubs and they will positively beam at you for losing 5 pounds in 9 days.
    Stick with it, make sure you drink lots of water, and make sure that you are putting a decent amount of fat in your diet.
    5 lbs in 9 days, if you could keep that loss up I reckon another 45 days will get you to target.
    Make that your goal and stop worrying about how fast you get there.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

If you’ve lost 5lb in 9 days, then I think you should be happy with that. I know you want to lose 2 stone and I’m guessing that brings you either to a ‘healthy’ (not overweight) size, or maybe even an ideal size. Bear in mind some of the people in this study (and in this group) will have wasaay more to lose – some might drop half of what you want to lose in total in the first week in water alone… but they might have another 100lb to lose after that.

Be patient and probably modify your expectations, especially as you get closer to your target. Even on 800 calories a day, once your body approaches a healthy weight it will hold on tight to any residual body fat for as long as it can.

Good luck!

• posted by Hb
    on

Thanks for the encouragement. I am just impatient but deep down know I need to stick with it and take it steady. I have to recognise that As long as I am losing the pounds and getting healthy that is a result.
    I have never ever gone on a forum for anything before but I guess I did so this morning because I really want to achieve my goal this time and am taking it more seriously (in itself a good realisation) and perhaps when I have tried diets in the past I didn’t take advantage of the support out there. It does make a difference. thanks for the support. i will be back on the forum as my journey progresses.

Please log in or register to post a reply.