Advice please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Watford Wizz
    on

Hello everyone,
    My hubby and I have completed 16 weeks 2×8 week blood sugar diet. He is the diabetic over 20 years. Sugar levels are now normal having lost 2 stone and he has come off all meds for diabetes. But GP is saying he should stay on low dose to lower risk of 101 other ailments ie heart attack/stroke.
    He is still on blood pressure meds as bit high also collestral and an irritable bowel med.
    It just seems such a blow after working so hard to get off the meds. Is this just his GP “selling” diabetic meds ?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, you and your hubby have done so well and you should be proud of your achievements. The doctor is being cautious as for him this is just another diet fad and you might come off it next week (yes, I know you wont…. but). Although I am able to adjust my own diabetes meds I have not yet got rid of the insulin, just cut by 50% and I have been on the plan for 10 months now. Lets just say that life gets in the way, e.g. I have just had 2 back to back holidays and things have started to creep up (weight and blood sugar) even though I stay low carb. My doctor too refuses to stop or reduce my cholesterol meds and my BP medication. This I accept, they are preventative to possibly save my life whereas the diabetes meds were progressive and would only get more and more with more side effects. Accept what he says and give it time, hopefully, after continuing good results your hubby can get rid of all meds.

• posted by Watford Wizz
    on

Thanks sunshine, GP has generally been very supportive but obviously can’t endorse the diet.
    Wish you all the best with you BSD journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.