advice about recipes please

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

hello
    I am thinking of getting the bsd book, even though I don’t have diabetes
    but my question which may seem a bit odd, is what are the recipes like

I mean I know they will be all different – but if they are largely spicy/hot then it is really pointless my buying the book as I cannot bear that sort of food, and also I have to be very careful because of reflux

if however they are mostly just low carb then it may be worth my while

just wondering – any pointers would be greatly appreciated

• posted by Patsy
    on

Only a small part of the book is actual recipes and in any case they can be adapted to suit your taste.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi keeptrying,

As Patsy says, you can adapt the recipes to suit your preferences. Many of us doing BSD800 have reported the absence of acid reflux when eating this way.
    The book also explains the science behind the BSD and its core principles.It’s suggested in the book that the reader completes reading the book before commencing BSD in order for you to have all of the information you need to get started.
    The forum page is a valuable asset for those of us on the journey – it gives support and information.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi keeptrying, buy the book because it explains the science behind the diet, the recipe section is quite small but has some nice recipes in it.
    Lots of us stick to the principles of 800 calories and low (complex) carbs using our usual recipes. Sunday dinner without roast potatoes, parsnips ir yorkshire puds, for example. The simple ploughmans without carbs ( in the book).

Keeptrying, I happen to love spicy foods but my acid reflux has GONE. On this diet!!!

To date my improvements are:
    3 stones gone
    No acid reflux
    Vastly improved asthma
    Sleeping better
    Less arthritic pain

🙂

• posted by Carolg
    on

I would recommend buying the book. The recipes will give you a baseline of ideas which you can then adjust to suit yourself.
    I followed the plan for the first 4 weeks and there were several things I thought I wouldn’t like at all – what a surprise -some of them are amazing, The fish with braised peas and lettuce for example – I would never have picked it off a menu in a million years and it is great, especially as OH catches pollock and lots of it in the freezer.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

thanks for the advice
    I will take a look at the book in the shops

• posted by thepolly
    on

Hi keeptrying, I got my book on ebay for £3 I think 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.