Advancing into Autumn – Stepping into Spring

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Jess – thanks for asking how I’m going. Unfortunately not too well 🙁 I gained last week! I’m just not in the right frame of mind at the moment, and this latest lockdown is not helping. I really miss my eldest daughter and my son. I know that many of you went through an extended lockdown in the UK and were unable to see family, it is so hard isn’t it? I can live with not going out and about, I’ve been doing that for so long now, it’s missing family that is harder to deal with.
    A former work mate passed away last week too in a car accident and that upset me, she was a few years younger than me, it’s so sad.
    I have days where I start out eating well but then I’ll snack on chips or nuts, or I’ll join my husband in having a drink and next thing I know a bottle of wine is gone!
    On a positive note, I did manage 4 days of walking 10,000 steps.
    And I ordered a new pair of yoga pants in a size 16 and they fit 🙂 I’ve gone from a 20 down to 18 and now 16… well in stretchy pants anyway! It will be a bit longer before I could wear size 16 jeans I think.
    Tomorrow is a new day so I’m going to refocus and get back into the groove 🙂

Cathy – good to see you back on board after your holiday. Sounds like a good plan not to weigh for a while.

And DCT – your wedding is not long away now, how exciting 🙂

Hope everyone else is travelling well!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks ..welcome back CCATHY,good to have you back !good luck with yr 8 week BSD..I can’t quite manage it as yet,am doing 1000cals/ 50g carbs,tops. You sound so determined,you go girl,You can do it!👏👏👏
    Ooh and you too DCT 👍👍 6 weeks can make a big difference just keep thinking of that Big Day!
    AU SECOURS good luck with this week! Maybe you’re setting yrself too hard a goal? How about just smaller changes. I’ve managed to do 3 weeks now of 1000 cals/ 50g carbs and it hasn’t been too hard. A few days I’ve gone a bit over but it’s still a lot better. Before that I kept aiming too high or ( or rather,too low in carbs and cals) and like you said,started the day,good intentions,but the day ended badly 🙄 I’m now feeling a lot lighter tho not looking that much different,but it’s just nice to feel a bit lighter and for clothes to be that little bit looser.
    JESS every days a learning day! We can all do it together and ODAAT! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone – I’m back! Day 1 complete! It feels great to be back amongst so many friends and I really hope that we all achieve our goals during this phase of our journey. My goal for this round is to stay on track for the next 8 weeks and then to weigh myself and see how much work I have got left to do.

Firstly to SUEBLUE I am so sorry to hear that things haven’t been going too well. Lockdowns are so difficult and not seeing family and friends definitely takes its toll. The UK is definitely not out of the woods yet but things are slowly feeling normal again. So upsetting to read about your colleague- it certainly gives us perspective. Sending you lots of love and Sue, take time to be kind to yourself. I think lockdown played a massive part in me going off piste. When the time is right you will be able to get back on plan. Your step count is impressive and Well done on getting into your size 16 trousers- that’s a great morale booster.

DCT – I hope your planned reboot has taken place today too and with six weeks until the BIG DAY you can definitely be at goal!

I have been good today. Coffee for breakfast, an egg salad for lunch with Greek Yoghurt, raspberries and some toasted flaked almonds for lunch. Evening meal was two quorn sausages with courgettes and mushrooms. Day 1 complete and I hope to be in ketosis by Wednesday! I really do want to get the discipline back into my daily life and take some ownership back. I’ve not been in the right frame of mind for too long now and I feel renewed and determined to take responsibility for what I eat.

Day 2 tomorrow and I feel determined to have another good day. I am going to re-read the BSD book and make a list of lunches and evening meal ideas. I am going to skip breakfasts and just eat two meals each day.

Let’s see what I weigh in 8 weeks time on 20th September- I think it’s going to be better for me not to weigh weekly so as not to get too upset by the scales. You know how slowly I lose and become demoralised- this is going to be an experiment to keep off the scales. My ultimate goal is 138 lb so day 1 complete so 55 more days and counting!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hello all,
    Still reading but not posting — still “following” BSD principles — I use quote marks because I don’t really follow anymore, I just consider this a way of life, as so many here who have posted for years now do the same.

I just wanted to say to the people back posting after some time — don’t beat yourself up. I think I have stopped posting because it is too painful to read the “back to basics” stories.

I know how hard this can be. It’s been a tough 18 months. But just start again.

Remind yourself that this way of eating has untold numbers of benefits — for your body, and your brain. The research keeps rolling in. This way of eating not only can control diabetes, but prevent Alzheimer’s (type 3 diabetes) and maybe several more diseases — the benefits are life-long.

Dr. Ben Bikman’s new book, “Why We Get Sick” is an excellent update on WHY we follow this path.

And remember, it doesn’t mean we can NEVER enjoy birthday cake or a half bottle of wine or some chips with dinner or a blow-out wedding weekend — it just means we only do it now and then! And then just….

Start again

Wishing you all well. Covid made us miserable but it’s finally moving on.

Grab ahold of your life and don’t let it go.
    Julia

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Very well said CALIFORNIAGIRL XX thunderous applause 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Will look up the book you mention x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps Julia,are you the Julia that used to be on the fast day forum xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hieveryone, welcome back CC and good to see you on track and cheery after your break.

Sueblue, I feel you. Also in lockdown- just extended another month. I would love to see my 87 year old mum, she is in good health but without all her normal activities she is just sitting aone day after day. My daughter is struggling with a new baby and my daughter-in-law is caring for the 2yo alone, with morning sickness, because my son works in ICU looking after Covid patients and he won’t risk bringing it home to them. I know many have it worse than we do, at least none of us have lost our jobs, but it’s not easy to go through. I don’t feel I gave you British enough empathy when you were locked down for so long.

DCT, good luck for these weeks before your wedding! I am sure you will look stunning and have a wonderful day. Eye on the prize 🙂

I’m two weeks into my reboot and I’m happy with keeping to WOE, calories around 900/30 a day and walking as much as our exercise rules allow. Sadly it isn’t translating into dropping numbers on the scales but I feel so much better, sleeping really well and it’s got to happen sooner or later 🙂

Keeping on…

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi MARIET sorry about the frustrations of being in locko and how the family are struggling,but well done on the reboot! Youre sure to get a whoosh! moment soon xx onwards and downwards!
    Good day/ evening everyone..It’s Wednesday here,830 a.m. and I’ve spent the last half hour thinking it was Sunday..joys of getting older and senior moments..🙄😀 xx 😘

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Thank you Mariet 🙂
    Yes my MIL is 86 and struggling as this is all she can do day after day .. But on a positive note she had her 1st Astra Zeneca jab today, while I had my second.
    There just seems to be no end of this BUT after reading California Girls post I realised we are just going through Now what the UK and US were going through A few months ago, and one day we will be on the other side of it also.
    I’ve decided I’m just going to fcus on healthy eating, meditation and exercise at the moment and not weight loss… it would be different if I was single and healthy perhaps but having chronic health conditions myself, and being a carer for an older person plus trying to look after my family whilst living in a Covid hotspot area i feel like there’s a limit to what I can do and what I can cope with!

• posted by Au secours
    on

Thank you Yowzer for your encouragement. My self control just seems to have disappeared. Where oh where has it gone. I just keep grazing. My need for comfort treats just seems to take over my self discipline. Today is a new day so I will endeavour to come to my senses and just stop self sabotaging. 👍😎

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You’re only human AU SECOURS. It’s hard to have an iron will every day. I’ve done the same self sabotaging many times before and no doubt I’ll do it again. Someone here,think it was either Sunshinegirl or Californiagirl,made a good point. Try not to see food as a treat,see it as nourishment,and get your treats elsewhere. It helps me stay on track remembering this,though I know food will always be a big thing in my life! Not surprising when you think as children,you fall and scrape yr knee,Mum puts a plaster on and gives you a sweet. Get good marks in yr spelling test,you get an ice cream or lollipop! So we make the connection early ..food= comfort or reward! Only temporary comforts or rewards though.Try to keep in mind the long lasting rewards you’ll get if you feed yrself properly. Not only all the great health benefits but also the comfort of more freedom of movement plus the freedom and reward of wearing whatever you choose! XX

on

Hello everyone
    How are you all doing? Day 3 for me and surprisingly I was in ketosis yesterday. I always find the first three days challenging but I seem to have got into the zone really well. I was working at the vaccination centre today so had yoghurt for breakfast and took a cold frittata and some nuts for my lunch. I have just been looking through my photo album at some photos of when I was at goal and they have inspired me to go for gold! I know it is going to take me a long time but I am feeling inspired and would so love to be slim again.
    Thank you Californiagirl for your really inspiring post and wise words. I am going to follow your advice and your example.
    Hope everyone else is doing their best, being kind to themselves and feeling positive.
    SueBlue- your plan to focus on healthy eating and meditation is the perfect way forward. Lockdown is tough.
    Mariet- so sorry that you, too are struggling with lockdown – so difficult not being able to see family and your new grandchild. In the U.K we have had an appalling death rate and extended and numerous lockdowns (especially in the North West where I live) , Australia seemed to handle the pandemic so much better with so few deaths but the vaccination programme here has got us out of jail and we are slowly getting back our freedom. Hopefully, not too much longer for you to get back in control. We have all had a tough year and I hope that you too will soon be getting back to normal.
    Yowser- I loved that you got your days so mixed up! I’ve done it myself since being retired! Hilarious!

Keep doing your best to be the best you can be (just made that up- think it’s quite catchy)!

Cathy

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello everyone, it’s the 1st day of August here and I realised we still have 5 full months until the end of the year – so enough time still to reach any 2021 goals or targets.
    I’ve been a little unwell the last few days, ever since my 2nd AZ jab. I was fine after the first one pretty much, but this time round experienced fever, nausea, muscle and joint pain and headache. I feel better today though so am planning on going for a long walk with my youngest daughter. It’s forecast to be a lovely sunny winters day, 22 or 23 I think. We just have to stay within 5km of home and wear masks the whole time – small price to pay really given the benefits 🙂
    I ended up losing 1 1/2kg during July – so am back down to my low weight. In my last post I said I wasn’t going to focus on weight but health & wellbeing instead – but I must admit seeing a lower number on the scales again did give me a much needed boost.
    YOWZER – yes I find 1000 calories far more ‘doable’ than 800 and this is what I generally have most days. I’d like to get back into a 16:8 routine as this was really helping earlier in the year, so I’ll make this my focus during August.
    After my walk today I’m going to do some meal prepping – Beef Rendang, Simple egg muffins, Kale & bean soup and Chocolste granola are on the menu 🙂 I was going through my recipe books last night and rediscovered some old favourites.
    CATHY – good to read that your first few days back on plan are going well, I hope you are enjoying your new job also.
    MARIET – stay safe 🙂 I can only imagine how much you’d miss your new grandchild. I was thinking today how nice it will be to see my family when this current lockdown is over, but weighing a few kilos less than when I last saw them.

And to everyone else, hope you are all going well.

I really appreciate the kindness and support of my friends on here – I felt pretty low when I last posted earlier this week, and your encouraging responses, kind words and understanding really did make a difference xx

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone. I can’t believe another week has flown by! Have intended to post so many times but it just hasn’t happened.

But have enjoyed reading all the recent posts. Californiagirl thank you for your wise words. I remember a really helpful former post from you some time ago about tips to avoid the temptation of wine!

Sue I’m delighted that you’re feeling a bit better and seeing some progress again after your recent difficult times. How awful about your colleague; I’m so sorry. I’m glad you can see your daughter, even with all the constraints.

Cathy I hope your reboot continues to go well. You sound very determined and I hope you see some great results.

Mariet it was great to hear about your centimetres loss! Well done.

Yowzer, Dawn and Jess how are you getting on?

And anyone else reading this, do post an update so we can support you.

Au secours I think we have the same super power of self sabotage! I did have a better week last week, and saw a little bit of downward movement on the scales. But I stray off the path so easily. To work round this I’ve decided to try and do a bigger version of 5:2, with more strict days than rest days, rather than being strict every single day. I’ve actually made a spreadsheet of days between now and the wedding, with fast days and rest days marked on it; the rest days coinciding with the various social things I have coming up. I’ve also included the exercise I hope to do that day, plus have built in a little pre-wedding grooming activity such as nails or face mask or whatever. So far it’s helped in terms of ticking off if I have a good day, and boosting me to do better next day if not. It’s also helping me to understand where my time goes. I can moan about the fact I don’t have time to go swimming or do my nails or whatever, but am quite happy to slump in front of Netflix instead!

Anyway, here we are at the start of another week. Good luck everyone.I’m hoping to do better diet-wise this week as my OH wants to join me; he reckons he needs to lose a few pounds before the wedding. So here we go . . . .

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy gang,hope you’re all doing good,and feeling fine and dandy!
    DCT thanks for asking,I’m ok,have actually done over four weeks now without a crumb of bread passing my lips or even the tiniest sugary treat! 😇 This must be my best challenge to date I think! My Carb Monster is fuming and is doing her best to tempt me..it’s hard to resist,but I’m feeling steely at the moment!
    I miss our bus though..am I the only one?! DCT,am glad your guys joining you,as you can inspire each other to keep going!
    I wish you both every success and feel excited for you as the Big Day approaches ❤️💙
    SUEBLUE I’m glad you had that boost ..much as we say focus on Non Scale Victories,it’s such a joy when the scales reflect the work we’ve put in ! 👏👏
    CCATHY hope your job is still going well. Thanks for helping get us vaxxed! From what I saw when I had my jabs,the staff were working so hard and yet stayed friendly and smiley,so a massive thunderous round of applause for all of you..you are all stars!
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    Well folks can you believe we are now in August? And over the last week I’ve heard six people mention the C word already and I’ve had seven emails urging me to book my C dinner 😀😀😀😀

on

Hello everyone

I have been away for the weekend to Lytham with my family to celebrate my husbands 60th birthday and eaten and drunk everything I shouldn’t have! I did factor this weekend into my plan. I am away one more time to Durham on 15th August and then I can settle down and have a straight run. I’ve probably undone all last weeks good work. I got into ketosis really quickly. I will keep trying to make sensible choices now I’m back. I am still working at the vaccination centre and am hoping that I can get involved with the boosters which are due to be administered from September. I am really enjoying it. It is busy and it is hard work but I’ve met some lovely people and I feel as if I have made a difference especially to the younger people who are often nervous of vaccinations. However, I’ll be working with the oldies once again from September and I will love that if I am lucky to stay on. Younger people don’t have the same social skills I have noticed- they’re shy and nervous.

Yowser, I have heard people mention the C word too! It’s still summer! Talking of the C word, wouldn’t it be good to be at goal by then? It can be done I am sure of that. I am bigger than I have been for the last four years and I am determined to get back in control of my eating. I was people watching whilst I was sitting in my beach hut this weekend and there were a lot of large people ambling by – I don’t want to undo my hard work and be back to square one so back to basics once again and I will try to lose 7lb by the time I go away. Most of my weight today will be water weight post carbs and I hope to be in ketosis by Thursday. Tomorrow is another day and I will get back on track again.

DCT and Mr DCT good luck for the next few important weeks!

SueBlue- lovely to see that you’re feeling better and you’re right about how lucky we are to have the support of our friends here. We all understand how difficult losing weight can be and we have all had ups and downs.

Onwards and downwards everyone!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,thanks for the mention DCT.I have been on and off plan for last few weeks,my willpower is very wobbly these days,I get healthy stuff in from the supermarket then have been wavering sometimes when I go into the newsagents most days for my Mum’s newspapers and,instead of grabbing the papers and going straight to the till,have been detouring to the chocolate aisle.I feel so unhealthy and run down at the moment and know that if I can just get a couple of decent Fast800 weeks under my belt it’s much easier from then on and I will feel so much better for it but it’s actually doing that which I’m struggling with.
    On a more positive note my Mum is having her hip replacement op next week(she is being sedated,I wasn’t sure if she was when I mentioned that the other week ,so not sure how long she will be in hospital)
    We still haven’t been able to visit my Dad for weeks now(there was a case of Covid with a staff member then a resident)and were looking forward to visiting him next week as it was going to be the first time we could visit him in his room instead of the little room they have been having to use for visitors during the pandemic.Unfortunately we were told yesterday that Public Health England advised the home yesterday that they couldn’t recommence visiting until 16th August.I know they need to be safe but it’s disappointing.Since he left home during the first lockdown in April last year to be taken to hospital then was transferred into a care home we’ve only seen him a handful of times because of various circumstances and after seeing how thin he was last time I saw him I’m amazed he is still with us so I really hope we get to see him again soon.
    I’m about to write a menu plan for the rest of the week and will take one day at a time.Dawn X

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

SueBlue.- I’m so sorry you are going through a tough time. Not seeing family is really tough. I’m not great on the phone either: but worth making time for more phone calls.
    Wondering what is it you are getting from thos snacks and what could you try substituting when you feel willing?
    Celebrate the victories!! It’s so important and 10,000 steps isn’t to be sneezed at. Does that feel good or like a bit too much? Wondering if the days you don’t hit your step goal or might be because you are so depleted? I’ve personally found trying to be consistent at a lower level has helped me..
    Mariet – it sounds like you’ve gotten into a groove and IMO it’s only a matter of time before the results show up more tangibley in the numbers. Xx
    CC – I LOVE your idea of weighing yourself after 8weeks. It’s kind of gives the journey
    A different perspective and rather than chunking it down (pun!!!?!) you will see the whole
    Result of sustained effort.
    California Girl – thank you for you wise and kind words. When im having major craving/hunger I’ve been looking for something really
    Simple to remind myself on why I fast between meals… body and brain has a ring to it! Im
    Going to buy the book too. Love that you aren’t on anything it’s just who you are, Im going to reflect on this. You are where o aspire to be 😎🤩
    AS – I’ve been through periods where I have found snacking/grazing almost pathological. I have found that making sure I eat with no distractions at all, making sure I am including foods I love in a planned way (sometimes a weekly menu helps) and making sure on protein protein protein. Just some ideas but you may already have this covered. I hate that feeling grazing gives me arghhhh I have so much empathy for what you are describing. A big hug going your way.
    So happy to read that everyone is chipping away and really appreciate the encouragement from you all. Feel I’ve ended up at a pretty special
    Place here.
    I’ve been absent the past week or so. I was sick then rebuilding myself. I have been getting eye migraines from time to time and it was a really bad one. Anyway I’ve bounced back now and have been enjoying the olympics Bonus was coming out of being sick because I had nausea too it was an enforced mini reset. Felt awful but gotta take silver linings where they come.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,didn’t get round to writing my menu plan the other day and haven’t had best few days food wise but have written one now and determined to have at least one good day tomorrow!
    Found out yesterday that my Mum’s hip operation has been cancelled unfortunately, due to shortage of anaesthetists, so no idea when she will now be having it as they are,understandably,prioritising serious illness cases.
    Did we decide what date this journey is going up to,as I may do yet another chart for the fridge!
    Jess you have my sympathy regarding migraines,hope you haven’t had any more.
    Hope everyone is having a good weekend.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! DAWN I’m so sorry about yr mums op being postponed! Iand I do hope you can see Dad 16 th August 💜
    I’m not sure when this challenge finishes,we didn’t decide,did we…
    what do folks think? Mid sept/ start Oct?DCT?
    Yes DAWN deffo do one of yr sparkly charts! ⭐️⭐️
    I’m hoping after this we do a challenge til Christmas..like CCATHY said,maybe some of us can get to goal by then? And folk like me who won’t be at goal will at least be a lot closer!
    JESS yes! It’s a special place here..lovely kind helpful people,including yrself!❤️ Thanks for being here x
    Hope the week ahead will be a good one for everybody xxx and remember..
    There is only one today! Celebrate the small moments!🥳👏🥳👏🥳👏🥳👏🥳 love n hugs to all xxx

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowzer,we are keeping everything crossed that we get to see my Dad on 16th or one day that week.
    Sounds like you are doing really well with low carb eating,I’m going to do a sparkly chart tomorrow for the fridge and will hopefully have some losses on it soon but please keep the wet lettuce handy!Definitely keen to join a Christmas journey after this one🎄(sorry it’s probably a bit early for that emoji! ) Dawn X

on

Hello and yet another week has just whooshed by. I wish I could have a whoosh! Keep getting sabotaged at the moment (totally my own doing). Yowzer I need your wet lettuce! I’m still heavier than during Jive to July, though just about managing to maintain at that slightly higher weight. I will definitely be doing another Christmas countdown as there is no way I will be at target by my wedding (4 weeks!). I do hope to lose a little bit by then but at the very least need to maintain and not put on weight.

But Mr DCT and I are starting the Clever Guts diet today. Am waiting for the book to arrive but reckon it’s pretty much the same as BSD. He’s been having a few tummy problems so want to try eliminating various things to see if that helps. And shed a few pounds too. Fingers crossed.

So as you can tell, my spreadsheet has not been a roaring success so far. Dawn, I hope your sparkly chart fares better. This thread runs until the end of September, then we can start another one to go up to Christmas. Again!

Jess I hope you’re feeling much better now? Glad you enjoyed the Olympics, and that they finally managed to go ahead.

Cathy, Sue, Mariet, Au Secours hope all is well. Best wishes to everyone else reading this – I daren’t scroll too far back to check for more names as I’ve found that the message being written then seems to disappear. So if you’ve not posted recently, do chip in and let us know how you’re getting on.

Here’s to a good week for us all X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi DCT,I can’t believe it’s now only four weeks til your wedding,that’s flown by!what an exciting month you will be having.
    When I first did Fast800 two years ago I lost something like 18lbs in six weeks,that was probably because it was the first time I had tried this woe but I’m going to revisit my food plans on MFP,if it will let me go back that far,and try to recreate that!Even if I managed to lose that much I still wouldn’t be at goal so will definitely join the run up to Christmas and if I reach my goal during that (some hope:/ ) I will use the rest of the run up for maintenance,even typing that sounds unrealistic but it’s honestly doable if I just stick to it.I have 30lb to lose again(have gained 18 since Christmas Eve).We are away for five days with friends at the beginning of Sept, just in this country, pub meals mostly I would imagine but I will just have to try my best to find healthy options. I will make a new sparkly chart today and hope that and your spreadsheet will show positive results by the end of September! Dawn X

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi everyone – how do you quietly sneak back on to a forum! For various reasons this year I’ve been appearing and then immediately disappearing again.
    ??XX!! time lucky!
    I’m in a happier frame of mind now than at the beginning of the year. My husband and I managed to go away for a few days in June – not far but it was great – and then late June our youngest son got home for a week. It’d been 18 months since he’d stayed in the house and 12 months since we’d seen him in our garden. Being able to hug my son again was just the best thing ever.
    BSD-wise, although I’ve stuck to low carb, I have eaten more than I should and have put on 7lbs. I’ve also been lax with my activity. So, it’s time to tighten everything up – including those buttocks Jennie! – and get going again.

SueBlue & Mariet – sorry to hear about what you’re going through in Australia, hope things ease up for you soon xx
    DCT – Good luck to you and Mr DCT on the Clever Guts Diet. I’ll be interested in how you get on as I’ve thought about mixing things up with that diet a few times, but haven’t yet. I’ll definitely be counting down to you know when with you.
    Dawn – sorry to hear about your Mum’s hip operation & wishing you all the best for the 16th xx Hope the sparkly chart is up, I’m getting out my sticky gold stars today.
    Yowser, Cathy, Mariet, SueBlue, Au Secours & Jess (I loved the Velodrome) – hope you’re all going well & best wishes for this week.
    California-girl – it’s always great to hear from you. Hope things are OK in California
    Jennie xx

on

Hello

Not had a great week this week and I feel terrible. I am sure it’s down to eating the wrong things and being overweight. I’ve been busy at the vaccination centre and because I am so tired when I get home I eat snacks and to be honest I am probably about 10lb heavier than I was at Christmas following my holidays to Stratford, Ragdale, Lytham and I am so disappointed with myself for getting into this situation. Today I have had Greek yoghurt and passion fruit and because I feel so unhealthy I am feeling fired up to get myself feeling better. We are off to Durham at the weekend and I have decided that I will stick to BSD all weekend when we are away and I am going to aim to be firmly in ketosis before I go. I am sorry for sounding like a scratched record and it is encouraging that others too are starting again. I am fed up with myself.

Dawn- your post resonated with me. I lost 17.5 lb when I did BSD for my first time in 8 weeks. I can’t lose anything at the moment! Once we get into the swing of things I hope we can see some progress.

Jennie- glad you’re back with us and like you I’ve been trying and can’t seem to deliver! I seriously wonder if the pandemic has derailed us. Not being able to see our family was so upsetting. Things are slowly getting back to normal and so like you I feel better and hope that going forward I can undo all the damage and get back on track.

Keep going DCT – I bet you look fantastic. You’ve managed to successfully maintain such a low weight loss and you are very inspiring.

This is it- my clothes are tight, I have limited choices of what I can wear and I am NOT buying bigger clothes so yet again I am battling to lose the weight I’ve gained this year. The feeling of disappointment is making me feel miserable and so today is a new day and another new start. I am in great company so let’s do our best day by day and make a difference. Ketosis here I come once again!!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Jennie I’m pleased I’m not the only one who keeps appearing then disappearing from the forum!Cathy I have been feeling miserable too when I think to myself that if I had continued to stick to this woe after Christmas the weight I had lost up until then would still be off with more and I could kick myself for not continuing with it but then I think it has been a very difficult time for us all and the fact that we’ve stuck to any healthy eating at all is a bonus.Yes day by day is what I’m aiming for too,off to my Mum’s now and will make my sparkly chart when I get home later! Good luck everyone.Dawn X

• posted by Mariet
    on

Dawn and CC, I am in the same boat- at least I have not weighed myself for a few weeks because I could not face it if I am putting on weight and I fear I am. I’m sticking to the principles but probably eating too much in my 6 hour window. Going by my clothing nothing much is happening. My sister is recommending HIIT and maybe I am getting desperate enough to try it, brisk walking is clearly not doing enough.
    We are still locked down and I am in a strict area. It’s much worse for others than it is for me. I still can work and my family is well, even if I can’t see them. My partner lives in another city so we can’t see each other at the moment and phone calls and emails aren’t the same are they? I know you have all been through this and worse. It just seems like there’s no end in sight.
    In an effort to make some changes I’ve started having warm vege salads for lunch instead of my old winter stand by, soup. It’s really enjoyable and feels like a real novelty to me (easily amused).
    I hope everyone is keeping ok and has some good results soo.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all, just checking in. I’ve had a bit of a whoosh again, goodness knows how/why as my eating hasn’t been 100% on track, although I have been reducing portion sizes. I’m now down to my lowest weight in almost 4 years (well since December 2017). Still a LONG way to get to my final goal, but the first major goal I’ve been working towards is now only 3.9kg away, according to Happy Scales I’m 67% of the way there …. now just need to stay on track and keep going! I would love to be one of those who has consistent weight loss week after week! I tend to lose one week, then gain the next and so on, but as long as I keep moving in the right direction I guess that’s the main thing. I’ve lost 8.2kg since New Years Eve now.

Mariet – I’m in one of the strict lockdown areas too. It’s not the having to stay within 5km from home that bothers me, it’s that I’m too scared to go anywhere! Other than a daily walk around the streets that is. But I haven’t been to the supermarket or chemist or anywhere for about 8 weeks now. I’m fully vaccinated but conscious that I could still catch and spread the virus and I have family members who aren’t vaccinated yet, and my elderly mother in law, who basically I’m a carer for now, Is only partially vaccinated. There are just so many new case locations each day and so many are shops it’s just not worth the risk. I get a weekly grocery order delivered but lately I’ve found they’ve been out of stock with items and unable to substitute – milk was
    Missing this week. Luckily I always keep long life milk on hand as it will be another week before I can order again.
    I’m enjoying walking daily. Sometimes it’s only for 20 minutes during my lunch break but on days I’m not working I walk for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
    I’m coping ok with lockdown myself, but what I do find hard is supporting everyone else in my family (emotionally) I tend to be their sounding board when they struggle. It really is getting everyone down, and we are only in week 7 this time around, I get the feeling this lockdown will last a lot longer yet.

On a happier note – DCT how exciting that it is only 4 weeks to your wedding 🙂 I have the Clever Guts books somewhere packed away, but there are some nice recipes in the books and following the diet did help me when IBS flared up a few years ago.

YOWZER – I miss our old bus too 🙂 I think we’ll have to drag her out of storage, give her a bit of an overhaul and polish her up ready for another Countdown to C once out Autumn/Spring journey has ended.

CATHY – keep going, I know you’ll get to your goal eventually. You’ve worked so hard over the last four years and your determination is impressive 🙂

JENNIE – welcome back! Good to see you back with the gang again 🙂

And Dawn, Jess and everyone else who I haven’t mentioned, hope you are all going well. We still have over 4 1/2 months till
    the end of the year so still time to reach 2021 goals!

on

SueBlue

I’ve just come home from work but I’ve been thinking about you all day after reading your post when I woke up this morning and your post has absolutely made my day! To read that you are the lightest you’ve been since 2017 and the fact that you have lost an amazing 8.2 kg since Christmas is absolutely amazing. I am so happy for you and it has made me want to get to goal so much that I had to quickly come on here to tell you how much you have inspired and motivated me. Well done on your amazing achievements. You’ve been so methodical in your approach and wow, it has paid off. Thank you for inspiring us all. Yes, four and a half months to the C word and we could all be nearer to our goal by then. Thank you for giving me the spark of enthusiasm I need to reach my end goal. I really must do it this year. I am so angry with myself. I got to 131 lb in 2017 and now I am at least 20lbs heavier than my lowest weight back then. I really do want to be able to come on here and say I am at goal in 2021.

Well done Sue and thank you for your inspiring post.

Keep going everyone. Let’s all be as good as Sue!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

OMG I’ve done it again,made a message then it went ..grrrrrr!!!
    SUEBLUE ..VERY very well done 👏👏 and yes let’s get the bus MOT’d and ready for our Crimbo Cavalcade,sorry to say the C word!X
    CCATHY me too,mad at myself..but think of this..’ Forget the mistakes,remember the lessons!’
    THIS time,when I’m back down again,I KNOW I will never allow myself to gain more than three pounds without taking action..we live and learn! Every days a school day X
    JENNIE always welcome back and part of our Gang!X
    DAWN yay the sparkly chart!!!🥳 x
    DCT how goes the clever Gut diet? What do you think? X
    Love,hugs and ODAAT to all XXXX

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Cathy – thanks for your lovely words 🙂
    I feel a bit guilty though as honestly I’m far from good, and am a bit haphazard rather than methodical!
    I cannot think of a time when I’ve gone a whole week and stayed on plan – it’s usually maybe 2-3 days a week, and not concurrent days. I also drink too much wine, especially during this extended strict lockdown. And I eat chips, chocolate, and the odd piece of cake! I basically eat what I want to eat, but just watch the portion sizes. And with chocolate it’s usually a small piece of dark chocolate or a small fun size Milky Way or Kit Kat. I say eat what I want to eat which is true, at least 80% of what I eat is healthy food – this WOE is ingrained now and definitely a way of life for me.
    I guess the only thing I have been methodical about is keeping records, I use both My Fitness Pal and Happy Scales, that’s the only way I know what my weight was at any given time in the past. But if I have inspired you today that’s great 🙂
    In a strange way, this strict lockdown is helping me stick to plan. Because we only get groceries delivered once per week there’s no impulse buying. Also we haven’t been eating takeaway foods or dining out and with working from home I have more time to cook, and there’s no work morning teas, lunches etc. They were saying on the news today that this lockdown could extend until November – so I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to try and reach goal by then. Would be a good excuse to buy a whole new work wardrobe 🙂 I miss clothes shopping, not that I used to buy a lot, but for the past year and a half I’ve mainly been wearing yoga pants and casual clothes 🙂

on

Hello and I echo the well dones to you Sue! Great news. And I also get what you’re saying about being flexible. I find that happens to me too and have often felt like a fraud on here, when I’ve gone through times of inexplicable weight loss but I know I’ve been off piste for some of that time. Then at other times I’ve been really “good” but have not lost, and sometimes even gained.

Yowzer thanks for asking about the Clever Guts Diet. Well, I sat up in bed the other night, speed reading the whole thing and it makes a lot of sense. I need to digest it (pardon the pun) a bit more, and get recipes on the go, but one thing that leapt out was the fact that the composition of our gut can not only influence how we feel but also impact on how well or otherwise we are able to lose weight.

So that’s all good, and something I need to take on board and get going on. But tbh I’m so busy at the moment and enjoying a fabulous social whirl in the run up to the wedding that I’m beginning to lose impetus. I still weigh myself every day to make sure I’m not totally out of control, but it seems like every day there is something to sabotage my good intentions. So on the one hand I’m hanging in there by my fingernails, but on the other am enjoying every minute of having fun – and don’t want to deny myself this opportunity. I think I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m probably not going to lose any more over the next few weeks, but as long as I can maintain roughly where I am at, and not go too OTT, then so be it.

I will definitely be there when we wheel out the Christmas bus!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi kiddiwinks, I’m so glad we’ll be getting the bus out again for another fun filled journey …
    For now,just calling by to wish everyone good luck with the week ahead! Onwards and downwards and one day at a time! xxx! XXX

on

Hello everyone

I’ve been away for a few days to Durham with my husband. We have had a lovely time together and once again I knuckle down and get back to basics having relaxed things a little over the last few days. Have got in plenty of steps and only eaten two meals a day but I know that I’ve eaten things I shouldn’t have. I’ve no more holidays planned now so I can have a really good run and and hope to make a difference. Not feeling good about my weight at all and feel really desperate to get myself back in control of my eating.

Hope everyone is doing Ok. It will be good to get the countdown bus ready and I’d like to reserve my seat please. My plan is to be at goal by Christmas and that is a FACT! Best present EVER!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Pleased you enjoyed Durham Cathy,it’s only about 20 miles away from where I live but we don’t visit often enough,it’s such a lovely city too.
    I haven’t been doing brilliantly food wise but amazingly today have woken up full of enthusiasm and determination, my body must have had enough rubbish!I have 9 days until we are away for 5 days so I’m going to see what I can do in those 9 days as all of my clothes are uncomfortably tight and I know I could make some difference to that quite quickly.
    Keep going everyone.Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks,CCATHY glad you enjoyed Durham,Wd love to visit one day.
    DAWN,my DD has just lost 10 lbs in under 2 weeks ( getting ready to be bridesmaid for her best friend) So you can make a noticeable difference in the next nine days👍👍👍👍 Keep up that lovely determination and enthusiasm! 💜❤️💙
    Have a good week everyone and stay focused! XXXX

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m still here 🙂
    Treading water rather than making progress but sometimes just treading water is an achievement. Clearly I am eating too much as I’m not getting anywhere, but on the bright side, I’ve had bloods done recently and my cholesterol and triglycerides are in the normal level for the first time in about 15 years so that’s happy news. And HbA1c is still normal, no elevated inflammatory markers so the med diet and exercise is keeping me healthy even if it’s at a higher weight than I would like.
    Good luck with your short, sharp effort Dawn, i hope you get the results you’re after.
    Good on you, SueBlue! It’s lovely to read that you’re doing so well. I hope you are coping all right in this lockdown. I am well and truly ready for it to be over but realistically it’s going to be many weeks yet.
    CC, I envy your trip to Durham. It’s a part of the UK I have never visited on any of my trips there but have heard the cathedral is quite exquisite.
    It’s always great to see a message in my inbox, let us know how you are all going!

on

Hello lovely people!

Great to read some posts and hear how you’re all doing. Do keep posting: we have still a month to go before this thread ends and we get the Christmas bus ready to roll. And Mariet I agree, it’s lovely to see a post ping up in the inbox amongst all the other stuff. Great news about your blood tests!

Dawn I grew up in Sunderland so used to visit Durham quite often. My mum is still up there and the last time I visited I stayed in Sherburn. Will be up in the area again soon for a family celebration after the wedding. On which point, less than 2 weeks to go now and no I’m not at goal – in fact a bit heavier than earlier in this thread. Currently maintaining around 140lb and would like to lose a couple of pounds before the wedding just for wriggle room. So I will do my best to join you Dawn on your 9 day blitz!

But these are busy – and social! – times, so as long as I maintain and don’t suddenly go completely wayward I’ll settle for that and get my mojo back on the Christmas bus! Although Yowzer thanks for the inspiration about your daughter’s amazing loss. Fantastic progress. So who knows!!

Lovely to hear from others too. Belated welcome back to Jeni. We’ve missed you. Sue, it’s lovely to hear of your progress. How are you getting on with all the latest lockdowns in Oz? Cathy, glad you had a lovely holiday and I’m excited to be continuing our journey together. Let’s make a pact . . . Christmas is IT!

Hello to everyone else too. Do let us know how you’re getting on X

• posted by SueBlue
    on

DCT – thanks for asking how I’m going in our lockdown. I’m ok, when they announced the extension til end of September last week I wasn’t surprised to be honest.
    We are now in Week 9 of our 2 week lockdown! And there’s at least another 5 weeks to go. I live in one of the strict lockdown areas and we’ve had our outdoor exercise time restricted to 1 hour… this means that I’ll no longer be able to go on 10,000 step walks with my youngest daughter, but we can fit in 7-8,000 during that time – I’ll just have to make up the balance with walk at home workouts or walking around the garden.
    The 1 hour limit had to be introduced as people were using “exercising” as an excuse to meet up and mingle.
    We also have a curfew – have to stay home between 9pm and 5am unless you are an authorised worker basically. This one doesn’t really affect me.
    It’s been an up and down sort of week, weight wise and life… my oven element blew, well actually the grill one, but I have a combined oven/grill so it means the oven doesn’t heat properly now. We are allowed to get emergency repairs done, but to be honest I don’t feel comfortable with the thought of having a tradesperson in my home at the moment. I’d wanted to buy an air fryer for some time so I’ve ordered a bench top oven/grill and air fryer unit. Apparently you can use it to dehydrate fruit too… a new toy to play with 🙂 but at least I’ll still be able to cook healthy meals.
    Last week I went down another few hundred grams to a weight I was last at in September 2017.. I was only 1.6kg away from being Overweight (instead of Obese).. my weight has gone back up a little again, but I find this is my usual pattern – I’ll go down to a “new low”, go up again for a while and then down again, and the new low becomes my “normal” weight for a while until I breakthrough the next barrier! If I can stay on track I should be able to say goodbye to Obesity in time for my birthday in a few weeks 🙂
    Going back to Lockdown, and I know so many of you have been through this in the UK, I can live with the curfews and exercise restrictions, Working from home, not going out, no shopping etc (other than online that is)… definitely the hardest part is not being able to see family, especially my elder 2 kids.
    On another positive note though (I always look for them!) my younger daughters are booked in for their first injections at the end of this week, so that will be a relief. Have a good week everyone 🙂

on

Hello everyone and I agree, it’s lovely to read your news. I really do enjoy being part of this group and it’s fantastic that we can share the ups and downs of our journey. I am making a pact to be 138 lb by Christmas and so the next few months are going to be extremely strict! Today I am fasting and plan to incorporate more fasts into my week. I’ve made some of the egg muffins for my evening meal tonight and I’ll look forward to those with some salad followed by yoghurt and raspberries. I probably have 14 lb to lose to get to where I want to be and I reckon that is doable in four months.

SueBlue- you will soon be breaking that new barrier for your birthday celebration! How exciting. You’ve had a fantastic loss this year and I am so inspired by your dedication and determination- something I have definitely lost this year. I intend to get back to my old habits and dig deep.

DCT- I reckon you’ll be so excited for your forthcoming wedding that you will easily dig deep and lose a few pounds before the big day.

Yowser- amazing weight loss from your daughter- so inspiring! I am going to try to do the same in the next two weeks. It takes determination and dedication and will power. I can do this!

Mariet – fantastic news about your cholesterol. I have to have a recheck next month after my raised levels in March. I’ve cut out butter, cream and cheese (all the things I was eating doing blood sugar diet) and so I hope to get a normal result when I have them checked on 6th September. Did you do it by diet alone or have you been taking statins?

Dawn- sounds like your ready to make some progress just like me. Enough is enough! We have four months to give ourselves the best Christmas presents ever. We can do this.

I’ve ordered some Ketostix as I am determined to be in ketosis in the time few days.I am doing low carb and fasting and I am going to watch the fat melt away between now and December. No more excuses.

I won’t weigh myself until the start of the new Christmas Countdown thread in September when hope to be in the 140s. My aim is to be in the 130s by December.

Have a good week everyone. Let’s come out of 2021 looking and feeling FABULOUS!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone,haven’t had too bad a day food wise🎉Thanks Mariet,I’m taking a day at a time and will weigh myself the day before we go on our trip. Yowzer your DD has done brilliantly losing so much so quickly!DCT good luck on your final blitz before the wedding.Cathy we can definitely get this done for Christmas (and I’m determined that I won’t undo all of my good work after that like I did this year! ) Dawn X

• posted by StarGazer
    on

I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s never going to be a good time to try for the 8 weeks. There’s always someone visiting (we live in Dubai, so we are popular), there will always be work stresses, there will always be nights out and social events planned. So, I’m just going to start. Here goes!

on

Welcome to our thread StarGazer. You’ve started at a great time. There are a few of us who are starting afresh so to speak despite being part of this forum for a number of years. We are a friendly and supportive group of people and some of us have been following this WOE (way of eating) for a few years. I could not have achieved getting to my goal in 2017 without the support from my friends on this forum along the way. I was a slow loser and sadly and annoyingly I took my eye off the prize and lost my way last year during the pandemic lock down and for various reasons have put on about 14lb over the course of the last year which I am determined to lose and get to goal once and for all by Christmas. There are a few of us making a pact to end 2021 looking good! So here goes….. let’s see how well we can do together.

I had a good day yesterday. I am motivated and ready for the challenge of losing my excess baggage and giving myself four months to lose the excess is doable providing I don’t keep letting myself down!!. I am so annoyed with myself. I got to 144lb on Christmas Eve last year- a stones throw from my goal of 138 lb and I’ve put on 10lb since then but THIS IS IT…. I am DETERMINED to make this next few months matter and I really want to support everyone and contribute in a positive way to this forum instead of being the one who is always a FAILURE. I have enjoyed success previously and I WANT to enjoy SUCCESS AGAIN. WE WILL DEFINITELY DO THIS TOGETHER THIS YEAR!

My goal for December 24th 2021 is to weigh 138 lb.. What is your December 24th goal?

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome STARGAZER 🥳 good luck on your journey x!
    CCATHY you’re not a failure,because you have never given up! It’s only a failure if you throw the towel in!
    And so many people gained weight in lock so don’t worry,it was so easy to do at that hard time….I know you will lose it with your determination!
    I’ve been much worse. I put on a stone a year in the three years since I lost all my weight,it was a mistake but I’ve at last learnt from it and am patiently treading that worn old path back to better health and smaller dress sizes! I won’t make it by Christmas ,but I’ve booked my spot on the Crimbo Bus,and I’ll be much closer to goal. Plus we still have a way to go with our Advancing Challenge.
    Talking of Locko, SUEBLUE,hang on in there! Thinking of you ❤️ X
    🌼🌻🌼🌻 One Day At A Time everyone! XXX 🌼🌻🌼🌻

• posted by LindaandHubby
    on

Hi All, We’re still sticking to this WOE & both of us are feeling a lot better for it. You must be excited DCT about your upcoming nuptials. We hope you have a wonderful day & a stupendous married life. CC – good to see you are carrying on with this WOE. Yowser – we’ll be on the Christmas bus too. I’d love to lose another 16lbs or so. Saying that I’m already at a weight I haven’t seen in 24 years & TBH I’m amazed that this old lady of 69 has managed to lose so much since 10th March this year. Hubby is doing great & would like to be a smidgen under 16 stone so he has 18lb to lose. ADD – have a great trip away & I hope you lose what you’ll be happy with. Stargazer – welcome, the first 3 weeks are the worst & then you won’t miss bread, rice potatoes etc. Look on youtube for Heavenly Fan – a great number of her recipes are wonderful for this way of eating eg. bread, fries, pancakes etc. Also look at diet doctor recipes but check the carbs on that. SueBlue I hope you’ve bought a large airfryer – we’ve had 3 in total over the years & when we bought the last one bought a larger one & now we never use our oven. Before we just used it for pizza – the thought of eating pizza now makes us both feel a trifle sick We have a combi microwave with grill & oven. When we eventually (next year probably) get our kitchen we’re debating whether to even have a ‘proper’ oven. 1 tip I can offer you is to cut down the air fryer temperature by 20C & the time by 20-25% when cooking anything. They are SO efficient!

25/8/21 just over a month from last time. Weight loss has slowed down BUT we decided to stay on the extra carbs for a bit longer before we go back totally on the BSD proper. Not going too crazy on carbs, just eating mainly more fruit & veggies & upping protein a bit more than before. We’re sticking to the 16/8 routine & just having 2 meals a day. Probably more like a 5.2 or 4.3 diet as 2 or 3x a week we’re on the real BSD. Pleased with blood sugars as around the 5 mark for both of us. BP down – hubby’s BP is so far down that he’s had to stop his BP tablets. He had a very nasty syncopy 2 weeks ago when he took a great chunk of skin off his leg, he ended up in hospital for 4 days on an antibiotic drip & it’s so bad that I daren’t try to dress it myself. He has to go to the docs. surgery 3x a week so they can dress it & keep a watchful eye on it.

I’ve now lost 36.8lbs BMI 27.6 just 2.6lbs down in a month. I need to lose 1.6lbs to get to my 1st goal of 12 stone (figs tonight lol)
    Hubby has lost 40.8lbs BMI 31.3 – 5.8lbs down in a month.

I daren’t scroll back yet again as i keep losing this post. Sorry if I’ve missed people. Sunshine – hope you are coming along fine. See you all on the new thread when it appears. Keep on, keeping on all.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

LINDAANDHUBBY! You and yr hub are doing amazingly well..congratulations! Thunderous applause!
    👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
    So good to hear yr news. XX Now we just need to hear from BUZZYBEE. I hope all ok with her and her hubby and hope to see BUZZY🐝 climbing aboard the Crimbo bus! Talking of buses,for anyone who like me uses them,do you find the driver speeds off as you’re trying to navigate yr way to an empty seat? I always feel like Tarzan as I swing from one pole to the next,trying to keep my balance!🙄😀xx

on

Linda great to hear from you and thanks for your kind wishes.You and hubby have done amazingly well! I”m so pleased for you both, you are an inspiration! I do hope your hubby’s leg completely heals very soon. Can’t wait to get on the Chrimbo bus with you. WHAT am I saying . . . . it’s only August!! But, as Cathy says there seem to be a few of us ready to ramp it up in the autumn so it’s going to be great.

Welcome Stargazer. you’re right, there’s never an ideal time to start so why not make it now. If you can’t manage every day due to life getting in the way that’s fine, just do what you can when you can and you’ll soon start seeing results.

Enjoy the rest of your week X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone! DCT I think people subconsciously are feeling they didn’t get the Christmas they wanted last year,so their minds are already looking ahead to this one. My DD was even talking about having a mini one day Christmas this month! I’m not that bothered about Christmas,but I was ready to go along with the idea. However she’s changed her mind now,going to be a bridesmaid in about seven weeks, so she’s thinking low carb eating rather than eating mince pies!😀 I must say,I wdnt mind a mince pie right now, but I can wait til we’ve motored on thru the weeks til we reach our cool Yule ~ looking extra slinky!! XX
    Quote for today..
    ~ “ Love is the real nuclear bomb that destroys our enemies “ ~
    ( Geshe Kelsang Gyatso)

¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¨*• ¸ 🐝*•.¸

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Hi Everyone,
    People are dying in their homes from covid here in Sydney. Our health system is so stressed and that has been upsetting me a lot. But I am doing ok, trying to nourish myself. Im winning on more days than not and trying to learn from. Usually it’s when I don’t have enough joy in my life that I tend to snack. Seems illogical but that’s what I’ve observed,

Hi Jennie, nice to meet you: sometimes we just aren’t in the right head space. I love this forum but am not on it every day, I actually find it a little difficult to navigate the format since I’m on my phone because my laptop got a virus and we are in lockdown so no repairs for a while!! Needless to say, hello and I’ll be cheering you on 💪
    DCT – I love that you are able to keep your eyes on your long term goals. Is this mindset natural? Or did you have to cultivate it?
    SueBlue – awesome work!!! Absolutely inspiring.
    CCathy – I’m sorry things have been so hard for you. Try to be kind to you, doing the best you can. And it sounds like you’ve made some healthy steps, which feels better anyway. I’ve been thinking a lot about pleasure the past few days. I had made a habit of having a planned indulgence food at night and savouring it mindfully. Then I started thinking I shouldn’t do that and removed it and everything went a bit awry: I think this little bit of kindness and love
    To myself for their own sake was doing more good than harm: even though this ritual isn’t aligned to the BSD sometimes a dose of kindness for its own sake is more medicinal than anything we eat.

• posted by JessKirkpri1
    on

Yowzer – I’ll live vicariously through your journeys for now. Where are you off to?
    Thanks for sharing your experiments. I find it so valuable to learn from you. You are so much knowledgeable and experienced than me.
    Mariet – there is a time for treading water. And I just wanted to say there is a lot of credit to be due for not throwing in the towel and continuing to try your best as you can right now.
    Star Gazer – you are 💯 on point saying there is no ideal time. As the Gita says “it is only pir responsibility to do the next right thing not to question why or where we will be next”. I
    Come back to that a lot. I’ve also recently begun
    To change my thinking from doing this for x reason to eating like this is just what I do because it’s simpler and feels better.

Stay well and safe everyone xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.