absolutley no energy

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

I am on day 7 today. Got no energy, I’ve not been hungry since day 3. I’m actually at a Tractor show and had to put a stall up and unload my van. It was fine on Friday putting it all up. However, I’m dreading taking it down later today because the energy has vanished. Can’t really be bothered to write this post if I’m honest. But thought some of you may be able to give me some ideas of how to boost it. Thanks in advance

• posted by Celsa
    on

Have a snack – some nuts, fruit, something like that if you can. Even if it takes you over your calories a bit I don’t think it’ll matter, because it sounds like you’re being active enough that your body needs a bit of a boost, and you’ll burn them off. No need to suffer, the diet is pretty flexible 🙂

• posted by Teej
    on

Hi Tamznlaws. Not much help really but thought I would let you know that I am on day 8 and feeling exactly the same. I have made sure I am drinking enough, watching my calories on myfitnesspal and keeping my fat up with cheese and nuts. I have punt had any issues with hunger at all so just putting it down to a tired day and hoping my energy will be back up tomorrow. As Celsa says, maybe some nuts or a small chunk of cheese? Keep going, you are doing a great job!

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi, I’m so glad someone else is experiencing this !. I’m on day 4, and started the day with really bad cramping in my legs before I got out of bed this morning. I’m thinking this may be my sodium/potasium levels out of sync, so I had some salt with my lunch. I’m also feeling so tired, with muscle soreness, but that kind of soreness that comes after a long run etc ?, my joints feel rather strange.
    Reading through the posts on here, this seems fairly standard, but it is also clear to me that we are all different in what symptoms we have on this journey ! The human body is so complex is’nt it, especially the digestion !. I’ve realised now that I have a very weak digestion and need to nourish it to get better, that’s fine, but physiologically, it’s obviously going to be a little harder than i imagined.
    Stick with it, I started reading the book last night on my Kindle, ‘Low carb problems solved’, by Jenny Ruhl, I recommend it to anyone who is starting on this diet, or in the early stages like me. It explains the changes that are happening, it’s only £3.06 at the moment, and you will be able to read it in an hour.
    Keep on going Tamzyn. it will be so worth it !

Kev

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I find a coffee around 3 o’clock really picks me up again. It doesn’t have to be a strong one, just a cup of instant is enough.

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Thank you to everyone that has posted to me. I did eat some seeds I had with me. I will definitely make sure I keep nuts in my van. I think they’ll be a better snack option. I have made it home after packing my van. Took a lot longer than normal, plus driving home wasn’t great as I felt I had to concentrate extra hard. (very strange feeling). I too am having strange feelings in my muscles, but I have been trying to walk 10K most days. But the feelings today could be from lack of carbs. I will definitely but the book thank you Kev. Unfortunately Janet1973 I gave up coffee nearly two years ago, I only drink fizzy water, herbal tea or red wine! obviously the not the wine at the moment. Thank you to Celsa and Teej for you comments also. I now feel like I’m two people and can’t quite get one of me to work if that makes sense. Just hope by sticking to it tomorrow will improve.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Well done Tamz, you’re doing great. I guess it is all part of the body’s transition from burning carbs to burning fat. This is pretty much the change of a lifetime for most of us so its bound to feel major. I had pains in my legs that woke me up in the middle of the night and then I couldn’t get back to sleep but they did pass. It just makes me wonder what was I doing to myself all these years if this is how bad the withdrawal can be!

• posted by Teej
    on

It is indeed a strange day, I am really struggling. I have gone up to 900 calories but only on some extra roast chicken which I couldn’t resist this evening. I decided that at least it is still healthy and I was only at 750 yesterday so it will even out a bit. My daughter wafted a piece of wholemeal toast past me just now, it was all I could do not to gobble it up off the plate! Normally I would give in to a little treat and think I would get back on track tomorrow but it’s different this time as it is about my health rather than vanity. Sorry Tamznlaws, I have hijacked your thread. I am sure we will feel better tomorrow 🙂

• posted by Janet1973
    on

By the way, it would be much better to go over your 800 than to risk any driving accidents – I’m sure you have already thought of that. 900 cals would still be a very low calorie diet and those extra hundred might make you feel better when you are on the road. Be safe!

• posted by Shrinkydinkyman
    on

I had really bad calf cramp that woke me in the early hours the other night. Apparently it is caused by sodium deficiency. So I upped my salt use. and also slim line tonic water is good for cramps, it’s the quinine content!

• posted by tamznlaws
    on

Hi teej not to worry. I only had s few seeds with me. Otherwise it would’ve been chocolate or crisps out of the onsite shop. My husband came to this show also on Sunday, so I drove home behind him. Not too bad and took it slow. I only live about 30 miles away. But from now on I will definitely have decent snacks available in my van for these types of situations. Still shakey and achey today. But like people have said, what things must I have been eating to cause such withdrawal symptoms . Also I don’t appear to have lost any weight. Perhaps 1lb. Mind you I don’t trust my scales. I am going to stick with it and go by my clothes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.