About to start and overhaul my health

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by flojo
    on

Hi everyone, I’m new to this 800cal diet so I’m going to get to the point. I’ve been reading many of your posts today and feel inspired, motivated and somewhat uncertain to start the 800cal diet. I know I need to change my eating habits and overhaul my health (I’m borderline insulin resistant) but I just have a couple of really dumb questions… Firstly, following the 800 cal diet means, strictly following the meal plan or could one devise one’s own meal plan so long as the 800cal per day is achieved? Secondly, and this has bugged me for ages (though I’m sure I have seen the definition somewhere; just need reminding), can anyone tell me what WOE stands for? It’s eating at me as I have seen this acronym mentioned several times! So may things going on in my head right now regarding the diet (meal plan sounds better) I feel I’m going to start rambling…..

• posted by melb100
    on

Hi flojo,

(Lol, iPad just tried to autocorrect your name to gloom!!!)

WOE =way of eating
    Only took me a few months of reading the forums to clock that. I was wondering why people experiencing such positive changes would bealking about woe all the time!

You don’t need to stick to the meal plan if you dont want to, many people go by the general principles of ~800 cals and ~50g carbs. I don’t eat meat so have been making my own up (lots of avocados, eggs, courgette and cauliflower) over the months- though I have been very off and on and not at all consistent in either sticking to the WOE or losing weight. So maybe better to listen to some of the old veterans who have made it stick!! Still, I figure that eating better on and off is better than not eating better at all!

Good luck!

• posted by flojo
    on

Hi melb100.
    Lol; autocorrect! Durr re WOE!! Ok…another really dumb question…where does one find the meal plan?? I read the 8 week BSD book yesterday and there was only a 4 week plan…. I’m really naive at this.

apologies in advance for my stupidity!

Good luck to you too! You can do it, and eating healthier and embracing WOE is better than not.

• posted by Chinaman
    on

Hi Flojo

I’ve just started this 8 week plan too. On day one. I skipped the 8 week BSD book [because I kind of know the science already] and went straight for the kindle version of the 8 week BSD recipe book [which looks to be quite newly published]. In this one is an 8 week plan. My wife and I will be doing this one as it looks doable for us.

• posted by runrascal
    on

You could perhaps run the four week plan through again? I have the kindle book and also bought the big recipe book and I am making up my own plan using BSD recipes and tracking on MFP.

Please log in or register to post a reply.