A standstill…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FiB
    on

I am about to enter week 3 and am sticking to 800 calories (virtually no carb and no sugar) the first 2 weeks I lost 10lbs but in the last week I have stayed the same in weight and measurements. I know I have not been well but not sure what the problem is.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

• posted by toby101
    on

Had the same issue, lost a stone in the first 2 weeks, nothing for a week, started losing again this my fourth week. My guess is that a lot of initial weight loss is water and then as you rehydrate this cancels out the fat loss so no overall weight loss in week 3

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It happened to many of us, search plateau and whoosh on the forum to find out just how common it is (although technically I believe it is only a plateau if there is no change for four weeks). Basically I believe one cause is fat cells replace burnt fat with water molecules, until finally they let it all go at once and collapse. Water takes up less room so you may well lose inches while the weight doesn’t change.

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

Hiya,

I am in my 3rd official week (1st week was a break in using online tools as I waited for the books to arrive)

Started at 15st 10lbs today I am 14 st 7lbs.

It is easy to worry that you have plateaued when every day you weight yourself and have lost weight! Don’t Panic! Keep going and next week will be better!

Luckily for me I do not struggle with ‘Water Weight’ as I am on prescribed Diuretics 🙂

Stay Positive!! xx

• posted by topcac
    on

Happens to us all – literally – I gained in my 3rd week but stuck with it and eventually lost 23lbs in 15 weeks (with only that to lose)

Stick with it – it does work – drink a little more water – that can help or if you’re really fed up you can restrict carbs even more for a few days – that can sometimes get things started again

Good luck

• posted by FiB
    on

Thanks everyone

Please log in or register to post a reply.