A bit of Easter Monday madness

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by orchid
    on

I was browsing the recipes yesterday and spotted a stir-fry using Barenaked rice. Having never heard of it I did a search, and thought it was worth a try. I was also out off Miso, veg stock and bubbly water so headed to the supermarket this morning.
    I picked up a basket – don’t use trolleys as I get more than I need, also better exercise to carry the food around – and started filling it with a few heavy things – 2 bottles of water, bottle of bleach, soap powder, tin tomatoes etc. I still could not find the Barenaked Rice, Veg Stock or Miso. I found the rice after 2 goes around the rice/pasta areas and some caulirice I decided to try, but went up and down every food isle in the shop at least twice and some three times before I found the stock and decided they had no Miso.
    The basket had got so heavy, I could feel my self slightly breathless and latterly, dumping is as I walked up yet another isle, then going back for it as I moved to the next isle.
    Driving home I had a thought – that basket must have been as heavy as the weight I have lost which just shows what I was putting my body through!
    Not content with wondering, I brought down the bathroom scales (no I was not about to carry the lot up stairs). It was 7.1kg (15.6lb) – that was my weight loss 3 weeks ago so I was carrying more than that in fat before then!
    So, if you hit a plateau and need a boost – try picking up a basket next time you go to the supermarket, head for flour or sugar and load up the basket with the weight you have lost and see it you can lift it! If you can, walk around with it for a 10 minutes looking for an obscure item and see how you feel – you used to feel like that all the time and probably never noticed it…..
    You can then get rid of the unwanted items and finish your normal shopping for ‘good’ food feeling smug!
    Hope you have all had a good Easter.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’d forgotten about barenaked rice, until my daughter-in-law mentioned it a week or so back. It is something on my list to get, but haven’t yet. Really think this will help on the BSD, especially on days when hunger is a bit of an issue.

• posted by Buxtonmick
    on

Orchid, that’s a really good point! It’s easy to just get used to numbers and lose sight of what they actually mean. Any means of realising the physics of the numbers is of real value, and your idea is one of the best. Brilliant!

Please log in or register to post a reply.