800 calorie diet all protein day 6 no weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pitnpup1
    on

I have been on a 800 calorie diet 6 days now, go to gym every day alternate upper and lower body with weight machines

Morning 2 eggs 2 bacon 4oz grapefruit juice no sugar

Lunch any meat with salad 4 oz grapefruit juice

Dinner any meat or fish red or green veggies green tea

Night snack 6 oz tomatoe juice

I am still at the same weight!

Any idea what is going on or not going on

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Juice is an absolute no-no on the BSD, so that is an issue because it causes a big glucose spike; are you drinking plenty of water?
    How many calories were you averaging prior to this week?
    Maggie

• posted by pitnpup1
    on

Oh my my caloric intake was unbelievable just let’s say I went from 125 which is what I have been most of my life to 160! So this is a major drop in calories yet I do not feel hungry

Also I was a one meal a day person

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Sorry, I don’t quite understand what you are saying. On the BSD you are eating 800 calories a day – how many were you eating per day on average prior to this week?

• posted by pitnpup1
    on

Before I started BSD was probably around 1800

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Do you realise you’re eating 27g of sugar just through your juices. You say it’s all protein – about how many grams do you think? Also, if you don’t mind me asking do you have much weight to lose?

• posted by pitnpup1
    on

I have to lose 30lbs no I truly had no idea the amount of sugar!! The grapefruit will be definitely gone

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, pitnpup. Welcome to the forums, There is an entire community of very successful BSDers here, and we can usually
    figure out between us where a new member might be going wrong….We really need to know if you are weighing and
    measuring your food though, and what your macros look like. Specifically, how many net grams of carbs that you are
    consuming each day, as well as grams of protein. It’s not just about calories in and calories out, but the TYPE of
    calories. Understanding this, and pre-planning your meals is the key to making this work for everyone. Very best
    to you,

Allie

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Everyone! Help PLEASE!!!!! Im entering Week 4 of my programme. MANY years ago I discarded food with fat – (save for butter) – and while diligent with labelling for low sugar, had no any added sugar. No juices, soft drinks, cakes – biscuits were for high days when I had visitors. (Which is rare cos I live semi rural!!!) So with EXPLODING sugar levels, I was on the brink of insulin injecting – (because I couldnt handle the side effects of pills). Finding this – for me – has been a God send and the preceding 3 weeks have been a walk in the park – weight loss amazing, energy – hard to keep up with myself! – axhes and pains gone – sinus issues from way back have disappeared! Many days are just interesting, creative, satisfying meals – BUT LAST NIGHT!!!! After my supper/dinner – a pork stir-fry which I have had before . . . I had the munchies SO BADLY it was a CRAVING – for something dry and crunchy. I fought the need – had a teaspoonful of peanut butter and a mini-protein bar (like a mini favourites version Snickers but high protein – low/no everything else) – cut this into minute pieces and consumed VERY slowly – with a 50/50 milk water coffee. The craving time passed. This is the send time this happened . . . same day last week – bit after very different mains. The last time, I woke the next day and had no “follow on” – just continued on. THIS MORNING!!!!! even with a BSL of 7 to start my day – (A HUGE DROP FROM 10’s and 12’s just three weeks ago!!!) – Im grumpy, disheartened, cant be bothered with anything . . .? when I have no intentions of NOT continuing – but enthusiasm has depleted – breakfast was a portobello mushroom and leek sauteed in butter and served on a crust of 85% less carb nut bread and coffee . . . – lunch will be tough to find/make today. Help and ideas or explanation please . . . I feel like a balloon is deflating inside. Thanks for any input which might help me bridge this hiccup! πŸ™‚

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Kali – I have reported your post because it looks like advertising.

WoodDuckie – a brilliant drop in bloodsugars. Please do keep on – the feeling will pass. Your body has to make a huge transition from burning glucose as it’s sole fuel to burning fat. It really is a major shift in how your body is working – I went through something similar so know that it does pass as long as you keep off the bad carbs.

Your body is so out of practice at fat burning because you have been low fat for years – but it will soon get the hang of it and will become expert at burning fat for fuel.

You were very wise to do the BSD instead of having to go on insulin. Injecting insulin makes it very hard for the body to burn stored fat for fuel and increases insulin resistance. I found that when I injected insulin.

I just wanted to say that you have done so well – really well actually.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Hi WoodDuckie welcome to the community and congratulations on having made such a solid start. It’s rubbish having a down day, but don’t forget mood swings happen so it could just be one of those things.
    Think carefully about what you might have eaten, whether it might have contained anything processed. I used a Knorr chicken cube and got a real hunger surge a couple of hours later – there was something in it that pressed my munchie buttons! I find I’ve had to avoid pretty well anything processed however innocuous looking.
    Hope today’s a better day for you.
    Maggie

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you SO much for the confirmations and support. Tears are flowing knowing Im not alone – and not going anywhere others havent πŸ™‚ Thank you so much.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

WOw! Ive discarded SO many things with hidden properties – and thought they were all OK πŸ™‚ What a surprise that little adventure turned out to be! So Ill now revisit what I have turned to and am using. Thank you Maggie.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

You’re very welcome, that’s what is so brilliant about this community, we can all benefit from each others experiences.
    My private pleasure is that there’s a general feeling that post-menopausal women can’t lose weight and it’s so gratifying to demonstrate that it can be done and the youngsters are pretty stunned. That really makes my day #smugemoji πŸ˜‚
    Maggie

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi Maggie! Allowing myself a day off from labels, investigations, etc etc etc. Brain is tired of it all . . . tells me by not taking anything in and a headache is brewing so . . . liquid intake and rest seem like good ideas. A mental breather you might say . . . because man’o’man have I been burning off the extra energy! Im sure Ive reached the “next level” and need to rest up for whats ahead. Even Everest climbers need to stop at plateaus! And after all it is Sunday . . . the traditional day of rest. Hmmm but maybe I could turn out, cull and tidy the bathroom vanity cupboard to amuse myself . . .? surely THAT doesnt take much thinking . . . πŸ™‚ Thanks again Maggie πŸ™‚

• posted by Fernie
    on

pitnpup1: Snacking is a no no as well, drop the ‘night snack’.. the idea is that your body fasts overnight, and fat burns. Hence why breakfast is called BREAK-fast, you are breaking the fast.. Its ok to feel huge hunger to start with and it is an uncomfortable feeling. Over time, you will get used to it, and really enjoy and savour your two or three meals per day.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you so much for your support, explanations, empathy and advice. I tend to extend my eating “times” by eating slowly then with the cuppa Ive made . . , it could take an hour to finish it! Thats with my three meals (or somedays two if Im not hungry). Is that good or bad for taking readings before the meal . . . i.e. will they be escalated maybe because I only finished the coffee maybe an hour before the next meal . . .? Say breakfast at 9.30 . . . and finish the coffee even if it is cold at say 11 as a drink . . . then lunch at 1 . . . not necessarily have a hot drink . . , but maybe water . . . then a coffee at say 3-4 before supper/dinner at say 6.30 7. Am I leaving enough time in between or do I need to make the mealtimes more compacted and open gaps in between . . . BSL’s are remaining steady at late 5’s to early 7’s constantly on waking, before meals and bedtime. Im so very happy with that continuity but wondering if they could be lowered even just 1 more point maybe with the bigger break in between “meals”. Im loathe to change what is already working so well πŸ™‚ But f I can do better I will!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.