8-week BSD recipe book

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Helsbells
    on

We have just purchased the 8-week blood sugar diet recipe book to give us a better range of low-carb recipes but we are having issues with the cooking instructions, primarily oven temperatures. The recipes only give degrees C and not gas, does anyone know if the temperatures stated are for fan assisted ovens?
    We have just tried the cauliflower cheese recipe in our fan assisted oven at just over 140 C, twenty degrees less than the recipe states but after more than 30 minutes (recipe states 20-30 minutes in the oven) the cauliflower was still almost raw and hard work to chew.
    Will try other recipes at the temperatures stated in the book without adjusting for a fan oven.
    Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

If you type into google (or any other search engine) conversion chart Centigrade to Gas Marks you will find help there. I too have a fan assisted so I just lower the temperature a little and reduce the cooking time and then check if it needs a bit longer. Trial and error. If you look at instructions on ready meals they always say for Fan Assisted check your cooker manual, yeah like I can be bothered to read that.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I think there has been a discussion about this particular recipe on another thread, it doesn’t seem long enough cooking time. I personally cook cauliflower cheese for around 45 mins not 20-30, and at 200C covered for the first 30 mins then uncovered to brown the cheese.

Please log in or register to post a reply.