4 weeks no weight loss :-(

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by tinforest
    on

Hi fellow BS Dieters,

I have done the 8-week diet before and comfortably lost 10kgs. I’m now 4 weeks into the second diet and zero weight gone. I maybe feel a bit slimmer but not much and nothing showing on scales. I’m about to give up!

I eat small portion greek yog with nuts or egg muffin for breakfast, snow peas, cucumber and carrot sticks with sml portion smoked salmon, olives and cheese for lunch, then dinner is from the book. Always careful with portions so I’m not over. I have variety in evening meals and drink lots of water. I am not exercising though as often feel hungry (didn’t exercise last time much) – but maybe that’s my next step?

I am seriously about to give up and feel so disappointed. Was so successful last time.

Has anyone ever been in this situation? Thank you in advance for your advice!

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi tinforest

Many of us have been where you are so don’t give up! First and foremost you are bringing all kinds of health benefits to your body . You are already aware of feeling a bit slimmer – are your clothes fitting better? There may well be lots of NSVs (Non Scale Victories) going on that you are not realising. Do you take measurements as well? If not then now may be a good time to start, as you can then see progress in other areas apart from the weight.

Having said that, I’m sure that weight will start to come off soon. You may experience a sudden loss of a few pounds, known as the whoosh factor. I’m not an expert at all, but my understanding is that fat cells have to empty before they disappear completely. So the areas where you carry fat may feel softer and squishier before the fat actually goes. Have a look at this article here https://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

Also have you tried varying your eating patterns? I found that moving to 16:8 (where you eat within an 8 hour window and fast the other 16 hours) was very effective for me when I reached a plateau. Somehow it can help to shake up your metabolism a bit. And yes, exercise is important too. It doesn’t have to be high energy but read through the suggestions in the latest Fast800 book for some good combinations of gentle toning exercises and HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): exercise which doesn’t take up loads of time or effort but will help with your overall health and wellbeing as well as the weight loss.

Good luck and I hope that you see a loss soon to remotivate yourself. It WILL happen! X

• posted by tinforest
    on

Thank you for your encouraging words! After I posted, I went for a walk / jog which felt great, so need to do more of that. Yes, waiting on the whoosh but worry it has passed me by. But I will keep going, just shocked absolutely nothing has happened yet 🙁

And maybe I should look at 8:16 too – I’d say I’m pretty close to that now anyway.

Thanks again, will keep chipping away!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi, Many people who have a large weight loss at the start are moving from a high carb diet to low carb. Our bodies have to store water to be able to process carbs as a fuel source. When we cut out the carbs our bodies release this water which can lead to substantial weight loss. – There is also a link between high carb diets and inflammation, as well as problems with the lymph system. Again as you go low carb, these issues are healed and weight is lost as the fluid stored as part of the inflammation or blocked lymph system is released.
    Monitoring weight to monitor progress isn’t so helpful when it comes to wanting to burn fat. – High Insulin levels block the other hormone systems, including the growth hormone. Once you reduce insulin levels the body can start to heal, stonger bones, stronger muscles all increase weight. That’s why monitoring progress by measurements and fitness is more reliable than the scales.

• posted by tinforest
    on

Thanks so much for explaining that. I’m not sure where I fit – I haven’t lost anything – but as you say, maybe my body is just getting used to the new way of eating. Thanks again!

Please log in or register to post a reply.