4 Weeks In and Stalling

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ellew
    on

Hi, I’m finding the plan easy and varied and have a decent weight loss so far. I cook and prepare everything from scratch – weighing and measuring everything via My FitnessPal for calories and macro information. The last few days I’ve noticed a stall and then today, a gain of half a kilo.

Is this normal and has anyone else encountered the same? I have already been able to discount menstration and hormone fluxes out of the equation. It seems disheartening so early as I have around 12kg to lose – having lost 7kg so far.

I am increasing my exercis as i can tolerate as I have osteoarthritis, so find cycling swimming and light resistance work the best for my joints, though admittedly I do not have a great baseline of fitness.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Elle

• posted by shalimar
    on

Congrats on your 7 kg. loss.

Your body just might be taking a breather and making some adjustments.

If your carb count is around 50 g. …. you might want to gradually go a little lower.

Plateau times now and then seem to be normal from my readings around the forum.

HUGS 🙂

• posted by loopylou
    on

Hi Ellew. A 7 kg loss is amazing in 4 weeks. I would repeat Shalimar’s comments. Plateaus are frustrating but natural. If you are sticking to 50g carb and 800 calories the weight will start to shift again. Otherwise drop your carb count down for a few days just to get things moving again. I have just done 7 days at 30g and it made a lot of difference, although I am nearing the end of 16 weeks rather than 4!

• posted by Ellew
    on

Hi Shalimar, thank you for your response.

My carb intake has been around 18 – 22g – as I’m a former Atkins devotee I struggle with carb sensitivity – it hasn’t been higher than 26g on the plan. My fluid intake is 2 – 3 litres per day also as standard, water with the odd peppermint tea to break the monotiny!

I am feeling happier on the plan as it’s very concise and easy to follow. The plans are fantastic for motivation and ease. Today’s weigh-in was a blip, but set me off against the grain after such a decent start.

Myself and my family are taking a trip away for the festivities so other than aiding my general joint health, the date is looming in my mind. I’m 168cm and currently 80kg – last year we travelled I was 74kg and refused my photo taken and felt quite conscious about the activities I would join in with, mostly through embarrassment. Ironic that 6 weeks ago I weighed 88.7kg, (I lost a little before I found the plan.) I would love to go away the same weight, if not less and enjoy the time, instead of hiding behind my towel and join in a little more.

• posted by Ellew
    on

Thank you Loopylou

I’ve just revised the next few days of my plan and dropped the protein a little and look to increase my fat with avocado and oils. I was aiming a little too high for a perfect run of the scales going down without fluctuations! It’s normally the excuse I need to sidestep and have a day or gorging. Thankfully, today is not one of those days and I’m appreciative for the replies and guidance.

How have you found the plan now you’re 16 weeks in? That’s an amazing feat with the plan. Have you had ups and downs or have you been able to remain steady overtime as you are more used to this way of eating?

Please log in or register to post a reply.