23lbs to lose – anyone want to join me PLEASE

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

Hi
    I have had a dummy run this week and starting properly tomorrow.
    My start weight is 10 stone 2
    My goal weight is 8 stone 7
    I am only 5ft 1 and I will be 50 in January.
    I have tried EVERY other diet going. I have put on a stone in the last year and I really do not want to carry it into the new year.
    I was married for 25 years to a controlling man which ended in me suffering extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I am in the process of a very stressful and lengthy divorce.
    I want to take control of my life and my weight. Please join me and any encouragement, advice and tips to success will be greatly received
    Thank you xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Nomorepanic
    Welcome to the BSD. This diet WILL teach you healthy eating. Not like all the other diets which promote chocolate ‘health’ bars, high carb, high sugar ‘health’ cakes, eat as much as you want, it is allowed. But it isn’t teaching us good eating habits that will keep us thin and stop us from swelling their coffers!!
    But now all that is behind us, we now have the BSD.
    As to your divorce, it is so painful and you think it will never end, it drags you so low, you wonder how you will ever manage to get through it and over it. But I went through similar and came out the other end and have gone from strength to strength. I am more confident than I ever was when I was married (30 years) and my life is good. Stay positive and take back control of your own life.
    All best wishes for your many new journeys. Look forward to hearing of your progress. xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nomorepanic

Welcome to the BSD family. It seems lots of us have gone through similar experiences. I was married about 18 years and have been divorced a lot longer. There is light at the end of the tunnel ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I have found that keeping control of one aspect of my life (in this case, the BSD) makes me feel better about other things.

Wishing you all the best.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome NOMOREPANIC! You have found a helpful and friendly community here to share with!
    Ive been in a controlling relationship too and i feel sure that you’ ll feel like a weight is lifted from yr shoulders when you are finally free of it all! Wise move to physically lose weight at the same time!
    Have a browse round and you will find answers to yr questions or ask here and someone will jump in to help..theres a lot of experience here from longterm BSD ers such as CaptainLynne..read her story for some real inspiration! I think if you put Captainlynne in the search box,it will lead to her thread x good luck for tomorrow! X

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

Thank you for your replies and encouragement.
    DAY 1
    My plan for today is lunch chicken salad.
    Dinner homemade veg soup.
    No snacking.
    Stay busy.
    Move more

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Have a good day Nomorepanic xx

• posted by topcac
    on

Welcome to the first day!! Have fun and stay strong ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Hillybob
    on

Yes I will be with you! I am starting to today – 42lbs (currently 14st 4lbs) to lose and I am about to scramble my eggs! I am determined but could do with some help too.

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

So far so good.
    Chicken breast and salad for lunch. Just drinking tea at work – only have a splash of milk. Need to up my water intake.
    Not at all hungry.
    How is everyone doing today.

• posted by Flash21
    on

Good going so far, Nomorepanic! I’ve started today too as I really need to get much fitter, thinner and healthier than I am currently. I’m finding the forums to be a great place to hang out for advice and encouragement and most definitely for inspiration. Hearing all the success stories makes me more determined. I’m here now because I’ve just remembered there are some mint-choc cake bite thingies in the office and I realllllllllly want one (2, 3, 4….). Trying to ignore them and stay strong!

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi all – how is everyone doing – day 3 for you guys? Hopefully you are feeling a little better than Monday? Worse? Don’t worry, keep drinking water, keep posting on here. Let us know how you’re doing
    Sending hugs
    TC

• posted by Boligreen
    on

Woops posted in the wrong area lol !! under day 3 . Keep at it everybody, flash 21 those choc mint biscuits have to go in the bin it’s not worth it I had to throw all temptation out & my partner hides any treats out in the shed ( poor fella)!!
    My question was is anyone having coffee?

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello Boligreen! Yes, you’re right. They do have to go as they’re just glaring temptation otherwise. Hear that thud? That’s them dropping into the bin!! I’m very luck as my OH does not have a sweet tooth so I only have myself to blame for bringing any sweet stuff into the house…In answer to your question, I am not having any coffee. But that’s mainly because I don’t like it! Sorry to not be of more help on that front.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Yes Bolligreen – I love coffee but have swapped my cappucinos for 4 cups with a teaspoon of cream in each – a huge drop in calories and carbs. I do make sure I have loads of water also.

• posted by topcac
    on

Big yes on the coffee front in my house – mostly black but with the occasional splash of cream ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Yes I have coffee! Had at least one a day on the Fast 800, a milky latte. About 7 or 8g of carbs, but had full cream milk as it wasn’t many more calories and filled me up more, took away some of the hunger.

• posted by Boligreen
    on

Flash 21, brilliant there in the bin I heard the thud lol !!
    Thanks everybody for the coffee tips, what a great forum very new to this ie: day 3 is nearly gone. And only realised after reading a post why I have had headaches during the night/day re: no sugar !! And I think I am now addicted to cauliflower rice, try the mushroom/ goat feta receipe it’s great.
    Bring on day 4 – we can all do this !!!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Glad you could hear it Boligreen! And cauli rice is the way to go! I love it. My last concotion with it was bacon and green beans, stirred through with a little full cream and some fresh parmesan. Heavenly! And enough to have some for dinner with leftovers for lunch. In fact I reckon I could easily have split it into three decent portions. Must. Learn. Portion. Control!!!

• posted by Boligreen
    on

No more panic how are you doing? Dummy run week go?
    Day 4 today is hard as craving sugar & carbs ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜– trying to keep really busy! Boli

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

Good morning
    I failed miserably yesterday. I binged – then I felt terrible. I don’t know why I do it. It started when I remembered I had sweets in my car. I had one which then led to me eating the whole packet. Then I was on a mission to eat everything I could get my hands on. Secret binging doesn’t count does it ……
    Back on it today. I feel bloated and yuk and so disappointed with myself. I couldn’t even manage 3 days

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Today is the1st day of the rest of your life, make it the best you can Yesterday is history, it cannot be changed, so take the lessons you’ve learned and make today good. Next time – find the nearest bin and dump the sweets there lol! xx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Nomorepanic

How terrible! How bad! You had ONE DAY of going off plan, felt really bad and CAME STRAIGHT BACK ON HERE TO TELL US ABOUT IT!!

Doesn’t sound too awful to me – we all do it and the key thing is to get straight back on the wagon and not obsess about the slip.

Now you know your tendency – maybe you know what triggered it? – you can work towards avoiding it in future.

You felt really bad – that’s good to know if you’re tempted next time.

The wagon’s rolling – come on, jump back on the tailboard, loads of helping hands to get you back. And the great thing is you’ve not failed, it’s just one step on the journey!!!

Be kind. You’re not terrible or bad or awful. Today is another day!

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey Nomorepanic,

Don’t worry, we’ve all been there too. I fell into a bag of crisps on my first day! Please don’t be too hard on yourself. Be proud that you managed three days of a new way of eating. As Igor says, it was just one day. And now you’ll be motivated not to do it again (but even if you do, it doesn’t matter). Trelawny hits the nail on the head with yesterday is history. Move on and take today meal by meal, step by step. You’ve done three days, you can definitely do more.

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Nomorepanic
    on

Thank you for your messages.
    I have had a successful day today.
    I feel really bloated though.. Anyone else had this problem?

• posted by Boligreen
    on

No more panic- well done for today your back on the road again. Re the bloating it maybe just from a surge of sugar in your system that’s what happens to me drink heaps of water to flush it out. Don’t worry We all do it well done for owning up, don’t give up, you have got this!!
    Next time when you feel like this, side track your self and come & write to all of us!!
    Boli

• posted by Antigone
    on

Hello Nomorepanic
    good to meet you ๐Ÿ™‚ Sounds like this is the beginning of some good changes in your life. You will do just fine – as Boligreen says use the forum for support (tbh I’m a bit addicted now – can’t imagine a day without checking in!) We’ve all had bad days and come through – and we’re learning how to avoid self-sabotage – a very odd aspect of human behaviour! Keep posting. There will be many who follow and can offer support and many who will find support in your posts. Remember everything averages out so one bad day in a week of good days amounts to very little – and soon you will lose the taste for sweet things and not be tempted. Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Comforteater
    on

I would like to join you ! I did the BSD for nine weeks and lost 3 stone. It was an amazing feeling as everything was under control, but I had a family wedding to slim down for, and now that is over, fell off the wagon, had lots of carbs for a few days, felt awful and then craved carbs immensely so it was really difficult. Lots of self sabotage going on, but also sabotage from other half ( well meaning but tempts me to binge on carbs, buys in chocolate and cakes etc, because he wants to as well). Have put back on half a stone but after a few weeks struggling on, have decided to go back to 800 calories and low carb. Iit is the only way I can lose weight and feel better. I have heart failure and a peripheral neuropathy which makes exercise and life generally a bit hard, but I had so much energy when on BSD strictly, and lost cravings for carbs completely. I am now 15 stone and 5ft 7″ , target weight is 11 stone. Lots of stress which is unavoidable, but that is where the comfort eating comes in! Bad habits learnt in childhood I think. Need all the help I can get ! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Boligreen
    on

Wow just needed to share down 1.2 kg’s today and feeling great. It’s been challenging with cravings this week but I think Im getting use to it. My portion sizes are still a little big so will work on this in week 2.
    How is everyone else??

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello all!

Nomorepanic – good to hear you’ve had a successful day. I hope there were more to follow. I too often feel bloated but find peppermint tea helps when I get like this. And lots of water as Boli suggests.

Antigone – I’m also a forum addict! Glad to hear not just me ๐Ÿ™‚

Comforteater – congrats on your 3 stone loss! You must feel wonderful. A small gain is not terrible. You know you can do this. I am definitely a self saboteur – lose a couple of pounds and think, oooh I’m doing well so will treat myself with xyz and then am back to square one. It’s a really annoying pattern but am determined to break it! I have some severe back problems which are currently hindering most attempts at exercise, so I know how you feel on that front. In fact, we are pretty similar! My target weight is also around 11 stone. We can help each other along!

Boli – 1.2kgs down is fantastic, congratulations! Hopefully this will inspire you to keep at it. I’ve read that cravings seem to start dropping off once you’re into the 2nd/3rd weeks so you’re well on your way. I also need to sort out portion sizes and get my head around the fact that a “normal” sized helping is not small and I will not starve!

• posted by Boligreen
    on

Thanks flash 21 for you kind words. Sugar cravings nearly all gone it’s amazing!! It’s terrible stuff so addictive poison !!
    Hope everybody is hanging in there it’s a hard journey when we are all busy and when tired the first thing you grab is sugar or cheese!!
    No more panic how are you doing??? Let us know.
    Boli

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

It is such a poison I quite agree! My weakness is crisps and other than the occasional day I can’t believe how easily I walk past them, I struggled so much at first. It’s that phrase again…….. nothing tastes as good as feeling slim feels…….

• posted by Flash21
    on

Boli – so pleased to hear your cravings are nearly all gone! I reallllllly wanted chocolate after dinner (cauliflower cheese) last night but decided to not move from the sofa so that I couldn’t prowl around the kitchen looking for the sweet stuff!

Baristagirls, I also love crisps! Any kind, any flavour! I am trying to hold off and am waiting for the day when instead of tasting delicious, they taste greasy and artificial. I’m sure I read that happened to someone one the forums and it would be very useful if it happened to me too!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hmmm, sadly I still do love the taste rather than being put off them. But with this new figure and new way of eating, I can consume nowhere near as much as I could without getting stomach pain, haha! Quite a good deterrent ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Flash21
    on

Ohhh a new figure! I want me one of them! But yes, stomach pains are definitely a good deterrent from eating too many crisps ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by fionabloom
    on

What a nice thread to read. Lovely comments and brilliant support. Well done everyone. I started Monday. Had a blip today when a piece of cake was left for me but hey ho onwards and upwards.!!! I need to shift at least 28lbs Trying to follow the 800 cals version

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hey fionabloom!

Glad you are enjoying this thread ๐Ÿ™‚ Don’t worry about your blip. You’re just starting out and figuring out how to make this work in real life, so ups and downs will happen (at least they are with me!). I think 28lbs will be easy to lose on this plan. Just remember to prepare, drink lots of water and don’t beat yourself up if you hit a bump in the road. Good luck!

Please log in or register to post a reply.