20th Feb Starters

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

I think we should then everyone’s weight loss can help motivate!! I’ve had a head ache today! And I’m really ready for my evening meal.

I’m hoping it will get a little easier over the next couple of days! I never realised how much 3 litres of water is! I’m swimming in water lol . Keep going everyone

• posted by Apple
    on

Kv87170 I’m up for Monday morning weigh ins too- hopefully it’ll stop me cheating over the weekend with any luck ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Maggie-may
    on

Hi everyone – feel as though I’ve hit the brick wall today. Had a tough day at work (still here at 19:25!) and have a headache and feeling like some comfort food. Wont get home for dinner until about 20:30 which fortunately my daughter is cooking for us – Teryaki Salmon and courgetti but would really like something sweet and satisfying – I have enough cals left for something but don’t want to go mad and go too far over the 800 cals, any ideas?
    Last week was a breeze but today seems really hard for some reason. Hopefully will be better tomorrow.
    Keep on track the rest of you and stay strong – I know it will be worth it. :-))

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Maybe allow yourself a square or two of dark chocolate, or some yogurt with a few berries? Try not to give into temptation in a big way, ‘cos you will only be beating yourself up tomorrow, for giving in. As I remember it, I struggled more in week two than I did the first week. Stick with it though, it does get easier and after a while you won’t be so tempted to comfort yourself with something you know you shouldn’t have.

Maybe a better solution would be a soak in a hot bath and some relaxation. But whatever you decide, be kind to yourself and remember that even if you do go off piste menu-wise, tomorrow is a new day and gives you to opportunity to mitigate any transgressions of today.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi ye all
    I got a call Friday night 8:30pm to be exact from my doctor ( a doctor who calls you on a Friday night – then it must be serious!) Told me I was diabetic and that he wanted to see me asap. You can imagine my surprise/horror/disbelief at this – so what did I do – well I was out having a lovely dinner and cocktails – so proceeded to double up my effort of a good time as I thought this is it – no more blow outs – so I did – until 4:30 am!
    Saturday hungover and feeling woeful I did a bit of research and after reading a lot on Roy Taylor trials in Newcastle – I thought ok I can do this – I can change this – I WANT to change this. i went and bought Michael Mosley’s book and armed with information I went to see the doc and told him to give me 8 weeks – he was willing but I gather a bit skeptical (probably thought I won’t lose the weight) but he agreed 8 weeks exactly – so I’ve started. The book is great for ideas although I am a vegan and will have to adjust the diet – but I aim to follow it – well hoping I can follow it. So I would love to have support from ye all and perhaps give support also.

• posted by Lilymayrose
    on

Well Luckylinda, that’s certainly motivation for you! I just had a “pre-diabetic” warning from my doctor but that was enough.
    I’m just finishing day 7 and actually some of my meals would be great for you, though I expect it’s the type of thing you make already. Veggie chilli and med veg with chickpeas, both filling and low in calories and great as you can make a batch to freeze.
    I’ve been really pleased with how tasty everything’s been this week, I’ve used lots of chilli, herbs, some garlic and a great variety of veg.
    I have been pretty wobbly many days though am feeling much better today, so the motivation and optimism is back, ready for my weigh in tomorrow.
    Luckily I got the “sugar withdrawal” headaches out of the way a couple of weeks ago, they can be tough.
    Planning is the key!
    Oh and a really good non stick pan so that you use much less olive oil!
    I’m finding this forum really helpful, thanks everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Fabgab
    on

Day 3 for me in Sydney, Australia and I am really enjoying the variety of the food and savouring every morsel. I found the no carb ploughmans lunch delicious, although I couldn’t find any sugarless chutney so had a small spread of it over the ham. I have had dull headaches every day but I am not sure whether it is the sugar withdrawal or the caffeine. Instead of wine I am having soda or mineral water with a squeeze of lime/lemon juice and lots of ice and it sort of feels special. Happy to do the weekly Monday weigh-in.

• posted by Fabgab
    on

Thanks. It was a delicious lunch.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Monday weigh in sounds good to me too. I weigh myself every day but will record here on Mondays.

Today was a bit off plan – started well with HM soup for breakfast, but then I went to lunch with my cousin and had egg mayo salad, thinking I could resist the roll but of course I couldn’t! Then tried a bit of millionaire’s shortbread and it honestly tasted nasty, far too sweet. Having 3 month fasting blood test tomorrow and was late back home, so too late for dinner now. Even with the corner of millionaire’s shortbread I’m well within the 800 cals, probably more like 600 today.

Feeling hungry but not bad, and energy levels were good today too.

• posted by kv87170
    on

Jpscloud, I’m a daily weigher too! No headache tonight hoorah! Except I didn’t go to bed early and I had a chunk of goats cheese as silly me was watching Diners, Drive-ins & Dives! Bad move I know! ๐Ÿ˜œ

• posted by HanaBanana
    on

Hey Guys,

I’m a newbie this week, just started this on a whim so have not planned any meals etc but really want to get somewhere and stick to a good diet regime for life. I’m tracking my diet using fitness pal too. I lurv bread and the occasional biscuit so this is proving to be so tough!

I used to be morbidly obese, I lost 13 stones naturally through mainly starting to move, from walking to then running marathons plus a complete lifestyle overhaul-no actual diet plan just followed common sense I guess and cut out the crap but no calorie counting. I’m now yo-yo ing around 65-75kg and I’m scared the weight will creep back on!
    I really need to tackle the diet because of family history of diabetes and I’m sure it’s my diet that is my downfall!

I don’t run as much but I work out at the gym about 5x a day for a minimum of an 1.30hours mainly cardio so how does fit with a 800 cal diet?

This week I’ve been having 1 slice of bread in the morning only with some peanut butter -am I defying the object of the diet plan by eating the bread?

Can anyone recommend any snacks on this plan that I can stock up on – preferably sweet but not fruit! ๐Ÿ™

I’m up for a Monday weigh in although I’ve not weighed myself in 2 years-out of fear of reality maybe! I’ve just been going on how my clothes feel and they’ve been feeling far too tight for comfort which has prompted me to sort this awful feeling out!

xxx

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello HanaBanana, welcome!
    With regards to snacks, I didn’t do sweet or fruit either. Cheese was a favourite one, eg a Babybel, or 30g of cheese cut into little blocks to make it last. Another was 20g of unsalted nuts of any kind, pine nuts, pistachio, cashew, etc. Sometimes something like salami, or ham, or 100g natural yoghurt with no extras.
    The peanut butter is great! It depends how you feel about eating the bread but I had to go completely cold turkey on that as I’d go off the rails and it isn’t really very BSD friendly! It might be better to spread it on something like a ryvita if you like those, which I believe is only 7g carb. Sometimes I mix some up with soft cheese and it makes a tasty if unusual dip! Its in the BSD book.
    Or you could just have some on a spoon along with a boiled egg…..
    The lower the carbs the faster the weight loss.
    All the best.

• posted by Tomlin
    on

I started on Tuesday 21st, would love the support. I am a yoyo dieter, latest attempt since January I managed to gain 1/2 lb. I actually need strict rules so hoping the 800 challenge will suit me. Good start yesterday, love my coffee, measured out skimmed milk for 100 calories, then had butternut squash chilli with natural yoghurt for lunch and 4 portobello mushrooms from book (2 with goats cheese & 2 with spinach) for dinner.

• posted by Suse97
    on

Hi everyone, I’m on day 3 and struggling with a headache but going to push through! Need to loose 30lbs. Worried about diabetes, so got to stick to this. I think this group is great for motivation – some brilliant ideas. I’ll definately aim to post my results each Monday morning. Tomlin, welcome, your lunch sounds great! How did you do the butternut squash? What quantities did you use? I’m trying to keep lunch to 200cals so I can have a snack at the kids tea time, rather than eating a plate full of whatever yummy stuff they are having!
    AnnieW- thank you for your overnight oats receipe – it’s amazing, I love it!
    Have a good afternoon everyone.

• posted by Suse97
    on

P.s. I meant to say that I did the courgetti prawns last night and it was pretty tasty and reasonably filling too so I’d recommend it (only problem was that my husband asked what was for main course once we’d eaten it!)

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Fasted from lunchtime yesterday till after my blood test at 10am this morning – I felt fine, not hungry. I have had an upset stomach – I think it was because I took my metformin without eating last night and this morning. I also jumped off the wagon, won’t bore anyone with the details but it was a bit of a carb fest. Interestingly, much much less than ever before when I have fallen off the wagon.

Now feel sleepy and really agitated. Mood is very low too. Will be better tomorrow, I hope!

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi all ! I started on the 19th Feb properly, so this is my 4th day !, can I please join your group ?! . I weighed myself this morning, and have lost 7 lbs already !. I must say that I feel a lot better, less bloated, clearer head etc. However, I had a major attack of IBS this morning, felt sick, dizzy etc, but just sat down for an hour and it passed. I wonder if it was the spice I used in my dinner last night ?, I may have been a bit over zealous with the paprika ; )
    I’ve set myself a few additional rules, I’m staying away from anything sweet, that is things like pickle and sweet fruit (apples) that Michael uses in his meal plan, as I can feel that they could push me down that road where I don’t want to go…
    I’m a 47 year old chap with about 35 lbs to lose, and am exercising every day, mainly waliking for approx an hour (always getting 10,000+ steps daily) and as from later on, I will be doing a 15 minute HIIT routine daily.I am absolurtely committed to this plan/way of life (definately NOT a diet !), and know that it makes perfect sense, both scientifically and sensibly. My BS is fine, I’m not pre-diabetic (yet) but my BP is raised, because of my exces weight. So, here goes. I’m planning to do 12 weeks, and hoping to lose 15 Kgs in total, but I will just continue on the plan if necessary until I get to goal. I’ve given up alcohol for the duration of the plan as well, as I cannot be trusted with good food choices once I’ve had a few glases of wine !.
    Here goes ! Wishing you all success, I will weigh myself on Monday and post the result (I know Im half a stone down already).
    Have a lovely evening y’all.

• posted by Songster
    on

I also started on Monday. So far, I’ve not felt hungry or had headaches, neither have I had the heartburn I’d been suffering from recently. I’m keeping a diary where I can log what I’ve eaten/drunk and what works for me recipe wise. Tried the green tea and blueberry shake today and had my usual cup of coffee an hour so later, which left me feeling unexpectedly jittery, so won’t be repeating that.
    How’s everyone else doing? I’m actually looking forward to hitting the scales at the weekend – not often that I say that!.๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Apple
    on

Good morning! Well it’s day 4 and how are we all getting on? My headache has finally gone thankfully! I must be feeling a little more energetic today as I am contemplating exercise…definitely not something I would usually do. I might go out for a walk later on, just 1 or 2 miles. I know I should be aiming for more but you have to start somewhere and I don’t want to over do it, trigger my dodgy knee and then console myself with crap food. Starting small is definitely better than doing nothing.

Jpscloud don’t beat yourself up about slip ups. At least you are still here and still going. Must admit my own slip ups start in an evening and somehow last over a month so here I am back at the starting line yet again. I don’t usually do groups or forums but I know I need the accountability and encouragement this time. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Suoon2bthinner
    on

Hi all, I am starting again too, did a few weeks last autumn and lost one of the three stone I need to lose, then fell off wagon and regained it, felt bloated over w/e so here I am…
    Baby steps, eating eggs am, with half slice rye bread, and low cal cupasoup for lunch, few almonds if I need them and early dinner fish or meat with veg. Less wine, mostly when out or at w/e, down a couple of lbs already since Monday and feeling better in myself. Struggling to drink 2L but trying,
    Did have a headache yest but soon passed.
    Su

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good news that you are feeling better today and planning some exercise. Like you, Apple, I’m not a ‘group’ person, but I have found the forum invaluable to help to keep me focused and give me a boost when I’m struggling. My OH is more tolerant of what I am doing, rather than out and out supportive – that’s not to say he doesn’t approve, more that he doesn’t really offer any real support. Having the forum to come to, to dump my struggles and admit my failings, has been brilliant, helping to make me accountable and giving me that push to keep going, when I have been on a downward slide.

• posted by Keid
    on

Morning! Hope everyone is doing well. I’m a daily weigher and I’m enjoying seeing the scales go down rather than up. My NSV (non scale victory) is I’ve already lost an inch off my waist – very pleased with that.
    Food today:
    Breakfast – tea & big spoon of sugar free peanut butter
    Lunch – courgetti carbonara
    Dinner – chilli con carne, greek yogurt and jalapeรฑos
    Have a great day x

• posted by LisaDominique
    on

Hi all and hope you don’t mind if I join – starting tomorrow. Motivated by all the advice and positive thoughts and kindness on this site. Have 10kgs to loose off a small frame (157cm, 5 foot 2) and hoping to achieve first 6kgs down by 15 April my birthday. Looking forward to starting exercise regime as well as the weather will start to cool soon. Have my step monitor, recipe ideas ready. Wish me luck x

• posted by CMsortingmylife
    on

Good morning,
    D4: My headache now reduced to fuzzyness, and I too am contemplating some exercise … maybe something first thing tomorrow morning ๐Ÿ˜€

Also, not usually a group person, but feel I will be more accountable (and not sneaky/in denial etc) about what I’m eating [Fingers xx]
    B: Leftover broccoli & eggs – could’ve been so much nicer
    L: Peashoot salad with Avo & ham. May go for a tiny bit of Coyo with cocoa nibs (I know this is high in calories – but good in fats).
    D: Moroccan and lamb salad

Stay strong
    CMS x

• posted by kipling
    on

Hi
    I started this too – not sure how good I am at sticking to things – I need to be more prepared and have food I can eat easily available. It would be good to hear about how others have got on and what you do when you are desperate to eat?
    I have about a stone to lose but want to do this more for health than anything else.
    best wishes to

• posted by Sharon52
    on

Hi
    Hope its OK to join your forum. I have been wanting to start the BSD for sometime and decided to start this week Monday 20th but it didn’t turn out well, was looking after my 4 month old granddaughter, planned my breakfast well and then failed at lunch as I just grabbed a chocolate biscuit from the cupboard to keep me going. Did go for a lovely walk in the sunshine to work off the biscuit and tried not to feel guilty. My evening meal was even more of a disaster as it was my wedding anniversary and my husband had organised a meal out. Tuesday was a better day breakfast and lunch planned and my down fall was my evening meal it consisted of lots of veg and small amount of protein sadly I succumbed and had a small amount of carbs. Wednesday I was back on track and also went to a dance lesson. Thursday so far I have had Greek yogurt with seed, nuts and berries from the Blood Sugar Diet recipe book, lunch is a salad from the same recipe book. Need to plan dinner so that I don’t go off the rails. Think I need to plan my meals in advance, its hard when cooking for a family that want carbs with every meal.

• posted by Apple
    on

Well I made the effort and got out for a walk. Would’ve been lovely if it wasn’t for the windy weather! I am trying to meal plan one day ahead to keep on track. I don’t mind skipping breakfast as my milky coffee is enough and lunch today was a salmon salad. Saving some calories for Stilton stuffed chicken wrapped in Serrano ham with veggies for dinner and maybe some berries and yogurt after.
    My other half and son are happy enough to eat similar things but with added carbs so I will be roasting potato wedges tonight for them and testing my willpower ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Hi all – another newbie here to the forums although I have been lurking for a wee while to look for tips and advice which seems to be in abundance which is great and much appreciated!
    I must admit I tried the BSD last year for all of 2 days, told family and friends and got such a kicking for it that I gave up – you cant survive on 800cals – that’s not good for your metabolism – you’ll starve & pass out – how will you concentrate at work on and on and on…….anyway I’ve decided to start again as I totally respect MM and love the science behind it all and seriously need to drop the weight, lower blood pressure and reduce waist measurement so I started on Tuesday 21st so hoping this will qualify me for your team ๐Ÿ™‚
    All going well and I know its early days I feel fantastic so far – I haven’t announced to the world this time that I am doing BSD on 800cal all I’ve said is I’m reducing my portions and carbs – funny how that’s more acceptable. I have done some pre BSD prep and went caffeine free a while back and tried reducing carbs during the week and I think that has helped easy me gently into the full diet.
    I am a daily scale hopper and as of this morning I have lost 4lbs which although is a great motivator is a small drop in the ocean for me as have several stones to melt away.
    Hoping by chatting on here it will help me keep focused and will help with damage limitations as I near the weekend.
    Loving all the menu ideas x

• posted by Corkie
    on

Great to hear all the “start” stories. It will be interesting to see how we all play out. For me, I am easing myself in to this as I find 800 a day too restrictive. So I am closer to 1700 a day – which is still much better than previously and keeping the carbs at 50g. I exercise for at least 40 minutes every day. Will weigh in officially on Monday, but have dropped a couple of water weight pounds so far. Eyes on the prize people!!
    Corkie

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Day 4 and so miserable. Not the diet but have a rotten head cold my daughter tells me its my body detoxing so maybe a good thing? Just want stodgy food but just drinking hot water with lemon. It is taking every bit of willpower not to grab for carbs. I’m so glad to be here it really helps reading other people’s journey and advice. Thank you

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

Oh my life I’ve just weighed myself and since Monday I’ve lost 8 lbs!! That is so amazing after 12 weeks on slimming world I only lost 7lbs – such a motivation!

• posted by Tomlin
    on

Day 4 and going okay, not felt hungry. Let’s see what the weekend brings, always my downfall. Suse97, the recipe for Butternut chilli is on BBC Good Food website. It really is delish, packs a punch but I find spicy is better for low cal meals. A portion has 370 cal which is very filling so you could easily have less if you want a little snack with the kiddos.

• posted by Apple
    on

Morning all! LuckyLinda I hope you are feeling a bit better this morning?
    Hellyshear that’s amazing! You inspired me to test out the scales that I fell out with on Monday…day 5 and I have already lost just under 5lb ๐Ÿ™‚ A couple of oz off a full 5lb but hey it’s only day 5! I don’t mind if some of that is just water weight as I suffer from water retention so seeing my ankles de-puff is a bonus. I tend to lose weight really slowly due to my underactive thyroid so I know it’ll slow down but if I can shift half a stone first then I certainly won’t complain ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by HanaBanana
    on

Whoop Whoop!
    You guys are doing amazingly!!
    I’m feeling a bit starved after day 4!
    I’m working out at the gym and realistically on average burning 400 calories so does that mean I can eat more?!
    I eat 1 slice of rye bread/weight watchers bread for breakfast, I can’t go cold turkey on the bread cos I’ll crave it even more. I’ve had no sweets, biscuits etc, not even a lick! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I didn’t weigh myself before I started the diet cos I was scared to see how much I gained from last time…but I will defo step in the scales on Monday!
    The BIG test is tempatation weekend!
    I don’t wanna blow it!
    xxx

• posted by kv87170
    on

Hellyshear….What an amazing result! I’m impressed! I’m only down 3lbs but it’s that time of the month so I’m hoping the weight loss will catch up afterwards!

HanaBanana – I work out every day too and was wondering if we get say an extra 100cal to play with? Just wanted to say how amazing you did to lose so much weight initially! I too hover around the 65-75 kg mark. I will reward myself with some jewellery when I get back under 70kg (currently 72.2kg).

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

Thanks all!
    I’m going out tomorrow so weighed myself to keep me on track- I can’t believe how well I feel! Although smelling freshly baked bread at the store Wes really hard! But it didn’t break me!
    Keep going everyone

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Just got a text from hubby to remember the wine…………………temptation strikes ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

The usual forum advice is not to have extra calories for working out, but if you struggle to keep to your regular program just reduce it for a couple of weeks. The reason is it will actually increase how quickly you adapt to burning fat, and once you have adapted properly you can then resume working out and just burn more fat! The only time this would not be recommended is if you are very close to underweight and doing this for blood sugar reasons or to kick the carb monster into touch without losing too much more body fat, in that case I would add back any calories you use, but try to stay on top of your carb amounts, and keep them well below 50g if you can.

• posted by Xmas slim
    on

Hi 20 thFeb Starters
    I am a stop starter and expert in self sabotage
    I am hoping to join you as a latecomer
    I have tried this diet and lose a few kg and then fall off the wagon but I am turning 50 on 14th April and I don’t want to be overweight anymore .
    I would love to post each week and try and stay accountable as I actually feel and sleep so much better when I stick to this
    Here goes and this time I will/must stick to the plan!

• posted by pamital
    on

Hi all

I’ve been doing not too badly. I’m quite enjoying it. I made cauliflower mash tonight for the first time. I work nights and was meant to have it later but I thought I’d switch my meals around and had my main meal now before work. That with a lamb grill. Totally yummy! I am struggling a bit with the craving for sweet stuff but I’ll manage.
    Hope you all have a good weekend!

• posted by kv87170
    on

Remember to take your body measurements too. Often when your scale weight stalls you will still see your body measurements decrease! I know I used to and still do to a certain degree get demotivated if the scale doesn’t budge in the right direction. Just measured my waist and I’m already down one and a half inches since Monday!

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

That waist decrease is brilliant! I’ll do mine again on Monday. I feel so much better without the carbs I can’t get over it- still finding the 800 calories hard but I’m determined to do it!

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Hi all, I haven’t read back for a couple of days – will catch up later. I’ve had a bit of a relapse and have stayed the same weight after the first week, which is a good result really – at least it’s not a gain! Also a NSV was that when I overate, I didn’t go quite as far as I would normally do. I think my psychology is finally adjusting to the drive for health.

Back to focusing on the diet now – HM veggie soups for breakfast and lunch (there’s plenty of extra virgin olive oil in there), an ounce of almonds for snacks, and chicken breast with veggies for dinner. Should come in just around 800 if I don’t go mad with the almonds.

Hope everyone is doing ok… I should have a better week next week so hope to report a good weight loss!

My 3 month checkup was good – all readings down on last time except cholesterol, which is not high but the ratio of good to bad fats is the wrong way round, apparently. No need for statins yet, thankfully.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hi jpscloud we all have ups n downs but great thing is u didn’t put any on and once your feeling good thats all that matters. You seem positive and organised so that’s half the battle. I went out this morning and got my food in for the week and planning planning planning ๐Ÿ™‚ so much so went and bought a swimsuit FOUR sizes smaller (how’s that for optimism) and going to put a hook on dining room wall and hang it there for the duration will look a bit funny in dining area and am sure will raise some eyebrows but hey maybe it will spur me on

• posted by Apple
    on

Wow Luckylinda – 4 sizes smaller – that’s determination! My other half has been moaning at me for buying clothes in 1 or 2 sizes down, but they were all in the sale and I will get into them one day ๐Ÿ™‚ I like the idea of having clothes far too small so that I can try them on in a month or so to see if they are any closer to fitting. Yes, a tape measure would’ve been more sensible but my logic was buy it whilst it was cheap in preparation…I do have a wardrobe full of old smaller clothes but as I haven’t fit into them for 10 years I don’t think there will be much that I still like after all this time.
    I have been really good at sticking to BSD today but tomorrow will be the most testing day. Fingers crossed the Monday morning weigh in will keep me focused.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Yeah Apple probably unrealistic goal perhaps but its gonna be my inspiration. Will tell you tho’ pulled it out of the bag and put it up to myself and showed the daughter – the look was priceless – she has been so positive and supportive but I could just see that little bit of doubt – however she asked what size it was and I told her a 12 – her expression changed drastically and she said “mom you’ll definitely get to a size 12, but when you hold it against your body now – it looks like a size 6” so that will tell you how big I actually am! So went to the mirror and held against me to see exactly what she meant and yes – it looks positively TINY. By the way I am size 18 (bet into it) and size 20 for comfort.

Am having a lot of difficulty sleeping, I do have a cold which is not helping – but is this normal in first weeks??

• posted by Allypally
    on

Hi Everyone, hope your first week has gone well. I had been doing so well but had a bit of a blip yesterday but going ok again today. Feeling hungry now ( just after 5pm) but rather than eat thought I’ld come and read some of these posts! All very inspiring. Dinner in an hour or 2 so I can definitely wait.
    Big news is I got my daughter to take photos of me, front back and side in my swimming costume – horrendous……so embarrassing, BUT I am going to get her to do it again in 8 weeks to show me what a difference this has made.
    I realistically ought to lose about 3 stone or more, but would be delighted even to get 1 1/2 off as that would be slimmer than for 20 years.
    BUT am going to hope not to obsess about the numbers as I usually seem to go slower than other people.
    I did check my waist though and seem to have lost 2 inches already – as that is probably the nasty midline organ-killing fat that MM goes on about in the book, then that must be a good thing, whatever the numbers show tomorrow.
    So everyone else, what about taking some horror photos , and can then see where we are at in 8 weeks.
    ( just hoping that they aren’t going to automatically upload themselves to a Cloud or something!!)

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

Ally pally
    I’ve done the same but not in my swimming costume just in leggings and a Vest and they are horrid!
    I’m feeling hungry to – been for a long walk which helped distract me. I’m going to see what my tape measure says later. Good luck for tomorrow.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Great to see you guys doing well! I’m still not in the zone, but not entirely out of it either. Back to work on Tuesday so I’ll spend tomorrow getting soups and evening meals ready for the week.

• posted by Apple
    on

It’s time for our Monday weigh in folks….Week one completed and I have lost 6lb and 12oz yey! It’s a good dent in the 5 stone target. How has everyone found week 1? ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.