2022 MEANINGFUL MARCH !! One Week at a time beginning March 22nd 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wendleg
    on

We have one last week left in the month . It has proved to be an unsettling time for many of us but as Julz has said, it helps to share and recognise similar patterns in others so we can continue to find a way forward .

I certainly need and greatly appreciate the ongoing support of the thread .

So here we are on the 21st March , looking forward to warmer, brighter and less troubling times .
    Please keep sharing your insight and wisdom. It really helps .

PS I am home this week but have a week away in Paris from next Saturday 26th. I may need to call on Sunny or sunshine girl if I have problems connecting to the thread for that week ( and the new April thread) Will see

Wendy, SunnyB and sunshine-girl xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for leading us into this final full week of the month, Wendy, I can hardly believe we are already approaching the end of March. Once again, I’ve nothing much to report, maintaining rather than discarding. My focus has been elsewhere, so I’m not surprised things have not really changed.

My upcoming trip kicks off next Monday and I have decided the bathroom scales are coming with me. I have a dress I absolutely have to still be able to fit into, for daughter’s wedding on 1st June, so will need to keep a proper check on myself through April and May. This week, I’m hoping to find some focus and see a little progress on the right direction.

Will be able to set up the new thread next week if necessary, Wendy, so just give me a nudge if you need me to step in.

Meanwhile, wishing you all a good week ahead.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning.
    Well I’m back for another week. The last two weeks have been a bit of a disaster for me. I hit my first target for the year back on February 25th but have only managed to stay below that on 3 days since …. very poor result. My focus shifted when we had yet another change of holiday plan nearly two weeks but I do recognise that I lost my impetus as a result. Looks like it’s time to try on the ‘summer dress’ again to propel me back on plan…. a new plan with a new ambition!
    So with renewed vigour I’m working my way back down to my first goal of the year and then onto my second!
    Hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thanks Wendy, hurrah for a new thread and the beginnings of spring! We are having a lovely week weather wise and my little daffodil friends are considering popping their noses out!!
    Here’s to renewed vigour and enthusiasm which i think a number of us need! I was scared i’d feel like i had to do the hard work “all over again” having pretty much regained the majority…….but no, lets not look at it that way….. this is a new 2022 adventure, I am better equipped than before and can find slightly different routes to the same place, fewer tripping hazards, find different scenery to look at and remember i can enjoy the ride, even if it is similar to the previous one! So black coffee has been consumed (always an indicator of my mind set – if i am on board the black coffee in the morning, if i’m struggling or rebelling then i go white!) and I’m ready for a second good day in a row!
    Yesterday was a win….. on plan lunch and no nothing after dinner (had got into that habit, even if it was just yogurt, but often it led me to something more and something more again) then went for a good walk….ok it was dark and rather cold, but getting up and moving after dinner really helps me feel full and settles my brain!

SunnyB….taking the scales on holiday….thats commitment right there!! Amused me too!

V – sing along…. “I’ll keep working my way back to goal…….” you got this!!

Have a good Tuesday!

Julz

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz and Verano, loving your enthusiastic determination….🤞🏻 fingers crossed it’s infectious, I definitely need it to be! We all need to find the inspiration to get us our targets and switching that up to keep things fresh and relevant makes sense. As you say Julz, we are so much better equipped to get us to that end goal now, which in itself is new abd different.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, and thanks again to Wendy. Really envy the trip to Paris. We were there4 years ago for our 25th wedding anniversary. Try to do the Moulin Rouge (with or without the meal included), it is absolutely amazing. Also if you are doing an evening meal boat trip dont use the Batteau Rouge, I can give you the name of a great company who sail from the bridge with the Arabic sounding name. Can look it up for you.

Well, I have regained 0.4kgs and now back over 73kg. Hand on heart I have not had a single morsel or a drink and have done extra exercise. For this reason I am not fretting over it as I know it is just my body playing silly b——gers. Funny that my BG is also up.

Dont worry, I wont be giving up and still looking forward to our meal out on Saturday. Same restaurant so hardly any carbs and I probably wont have the dessert – might have a cheese course.

Have a good week everyone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Paris is a long long way from Sydney, I’d love to visit again. We went to Europe for our honeymoon (20 year anniversary approaching) and to the Moulin Rouge and my new husband was taken up on stage! He became the ventriloquist’s dummy – possibly not the most exciting thing for a man to experience at the Moulin Rouge but still!
    I remember the food and wine in Paris being the best of our whole trip.
    I haven’t weighed myself for a few days while sick, I haven’t been making the best choices but I haven’t been eating much of anything so I have no idea how my body will react. I’m just concentrating on getting the essentials of life done and resting and getting myself and the family well. My son is better and back at school today, but to compensate my husband and daughter are now sick. I’m thinking some kind of chicken soup would be lovely.

on

Hi everyone, hope you are all enjoying the lovely weather you are getting in the UK. It is nice here too, might get out and do some weeding. Weight is back down under 73 but today is hubbys birthday and I notice he has put a bottle of prosecco and a frozen dessert in the fridge. Might indulge but its not my birthday so he can have most of the cake. It is a mousse/meringue raspberry thingy so just full of air.

Have a good week.

on

Just had the clothes try on I promised myself. 2 pairs of jeans (one maroon and one bottle green) fit as long as I dont eat anything. Dress not quite there yet. Can get zip half way up then there is a seam that I cant get past. Another 4 or 5 lbs should do it but the wedding isnt until August so, fingers crossed, plenty of time.

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Hi All,

I think I missed a whole week maybe! Just really busy with work and home commitments.
    Speaking of commitments, I need to knuckle down back to my diet…..quite a few things are a real squeeze to get into!
    A lot of my bras are getting a bit knackered but I don’t want to shop again until I am at a weight I want to stick at! So….there is my reward, a trip to Bravissimo in Bath when I get back to my goal, which is 12 lbs away (still 🙄🙄🙄).
    Hope you are all well,
    Thank you to Wendy, SG and SunnyB for the new thread,
    Tulip xxx

• posted by Tulip1
    on

Just had a read through last week’s thread- big hugs to anyone struggling atm…

SG, your numbers are fantastic!

xxx

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Hi peeps, just a quick check in – I’m on day 4 and sticking with it, 100% on plan and feeling good for it! Keeping plenty active, 2 meals a day and removed all snax and puddings! Energy levels up and inner happiness coming back! Who’d have thought! The finer weather is certainly helping…. though apparently its going to be cold again next week with potentially snow! But there will eb ‘more’ daylight as the clocks chance…always think that helps!

Sunshine-girl – did you have some prosecco? Hope your hubby had a good birthday!

Tulip – I’m in the same position re bras….. really need some new ones but going to wait til i can get my smaller (not that small) size!!

Keep at it people, you ARE worth it and your body WILL thank you!

Julz
    xx

on

Hi everyone, Julz, I didnt have the prosecco as hubby has a heart condition and he was feeling a bit ‘off’ but I did have a small slice of the cake. Yes, even that has increased my numbers up 0.3kgs. Although I had been doing some weeding earlier in the day and found it so tiring that I had to keep stopping and my BGs crashed so I was munching – just on ham, then cheese, then a few nuts. Found it hard to get my glucose back up.

I am in a funny situation with bras. My daughter would never wear a bra that didnt have matching pants. She encouraged me to do the same but it doesnt work for me as I can be bothered washing a bra after just one wear so it keeps the same colour as the pant. Therefore, I dont wear them (I do wear pants) so I have loads of matching pairs in the drawer and I really should start wearing them at some point as they all fit now. Question for the girls – how many times do you wear a bra before you wash it. Thinking I might be a dirty moo. Mine get at least 3 or 4 wears before they go in the wash. Pants obviously get washed and changed daily.

Just changed my mobile provider and made a mistake with the sim size and ordered micro/mini and it should have been a nano. Yes, I know I am a numpty but I only had the online pictures to go by. So, once I get it sorted – the computer system was down and I have to call back this evening. Anyway, I wont have a phone from 11 am tomorrow. Hey ho, not many people ring me but I will miss my whatsapp chats.

Weekend nearly here and I am looking forward to my meal out on Saturday. Also hoping my new dress turns up. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

sunshine-girl – wow thats really interesting re your blood sugar, i am certainly back in mindset of ‘sugar is evil’ and this just shows you, Cake is not worth it…..!!
    Bras….. hilarious re the matching undies, I dont match, gave that up a long long time ago, and matchy sets are never in the conformable bra range! I usually have a number of bras on the go at one time….. a work / public one; and underwired sporty one and an over the top unwired sporty one! I get 3 or 4 days from the work one (worn about 10 hours a day i guess, and well the sporty ones depends on how hard i work!! I can get more uses of the over the top one than the one next to my skin. I feel perhaps I’m sharing too much!! 😀

Its my ‘fake Friday’ as i work a 4 day week, will keep busy tomorrow but have a work lunch ladies out on saturday; ive decided I’m definitely not drinking and ive picked my meal which will be a couple of sides as theres not really anything suitable in terms of main meals…. tenderstem broccoli and chilli flakes; Rocket Vine Tomato, Red Onion & Parmesan Salad and maybe halloumi fries…. It’ll be a late lunch so no dinner or yogurt for dinner depending when I get home!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Sunshine-girl I love coloured jeans! Yours sound lovely. Just suck in the tummy and don’t breathe. Or eat. I have purple ones I look forward to getting back into.
    I too wash my work bras after 3 or 4 wears, or oftener in sweaty weather. Sports bras after one wear – not that I ever do strenuous exercise these days. Just walking doesn’t really need bounce support!

• posted by Tulip1
    on

SG- you did make me giggle- with the addendum that you do wear pants, and then especially because I mis-read that as 3-4 years of wearing the bra before a wash, felt my eyes go a bit wide 😂😂👀👀

Me too- especially if I don’t have many that fit, I might even get a week’s wear before washing it tbh! Also have a separate sports one that I might wear 2-3 times before washing (with sweaty exercise- it doesn’t smell at all tho, I guess it’s what it’s designed for?)

SG, I don’t do matching pants because I am mega fussy about pants- I have one M and S multipack type that I love because they look quite good and are mega comfy- the comfort is the important bit there!!! So I have 3 packs of them 😂…..I wish they did them in some different colours tho- they only have them in black.

Julz, virtual clink 🥂 when we get to that bra shop 😁

Love to all xxxxxx

on

Hi everyone, hope you have all been so busy having a great weekend in the glorious sunshine. I will be coming back later – got some shopping to do – and setting up a new thread. Wendy has passed the baton to me while she relaxes with a view of the River Seine on her Paris trip. Lets hope I can get the dates right as I can be a right nana at times (thats granny brain and also banana). See you soon.

on

Just noticed the heading for our threads is MEANINGFUL MARCH. Now March is going any ideas for a new name.

• posted by Verano
    on

Achievable, accountable, aspirational or possibly accomplish in April?
    Its not been the best of months for me as I’ve actually managed a small gain this month so far! Roll on April!

Please log in or register to post a reply.