2022 ASPIRATIONAL APRIL : ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING APRIL 19TH 2022

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by florob85
    on

Hi Everyone

I’m standing in for Wendy (wendleg) this week as host of the weekly thread, so I shall do my best to say something inspirational!

Here we all are in the 3rd week of April already, and Spring is well and truly in the air (well in the UK anyway) – lots of blossom on the trees, baby lambs in the fields, birds scurrying around building nests and lots of new beginnings! Easter has come and gone and we look forward to warmer weather, longer hours of daylight and finally shedding the last dregs of Winter. This will come (for many of us) with renewed vigour and enthusiasm, and a desire to move away from the heavy (but delicious) stews of Winter and towards lighter plates of food.

We welcome all comers, new and experienced, to join us on this journey. Remember there’s no guilt here, no beating ourselves up for enjoying time with our families and loved ones, we’re all just here to support each other however we need!

So come along, come back if you’ve been missing, check in if you haven’t, and say hi if you’re new, this is a safe space regardless of whether the past week has been successful, disastrous or something in between!

Much love

Lauren/Florob85 on behalf of Wendy/wendleg, SunnyB and sunshine-girl

Xx

• posted by florob85
    on

This is the latest list

Wendleg
    SunnyB
    Sunshine-girl
    Florob85/Lauren
    Antigone
    RubyG
    Onestep
    Tulip1/Clare
    Verano
    Elle-Mae
    Russianroulade
    Californiagirl/Julia
    Stevoka/Kerry
    Windyjulz
    JGwen
    Quetzal
    Catenelson
    Riccoh
    Sixturkeys
    Greenbean
    Merrymelba
    Prittimistri
    LauraY
    LittleDrummerGirl
    Nathalie
    Bravef800er
    Chocolat
    AnnieW
    AnnaBnanna
    Mokovex
    OliveaAndTomatoes
    Patricia1066
    Cholesterolypoly
    Workingfromthefridge

• posted by Verano
    on

Hope everyone had a good Easter.
    Lauren glad you’re both well again and thanks for setting up this thread.
    I can’t believe it’s Tuesday yet again!
    I’ve had a week almost completely away from the boards so I’m refreshed and ready to go.
    So good to see some sunshine because, apart from anything else, it makes salads look so much more appetising again.
    I think I need to start setting myself some small weekly targets again. I really need to ‘focus’ after the last couple of years of more or less drifting from day to day with very little real ‘purpose’. Maybe others feel the same?
    So for this week I’m going to ‘focus’ on water, again! Who would ever think that such a ‘natural’ act could be so difficult. Some days I’ve only been drinking 1/2 a litre although I do have tea and coffee as well. Anyway, not to be too ambitious I will do my best to have 1.5 litres a day this week.
    So far April seems to have been less than ‘Aspirational’ but there’s still time to make the rest of the month ‘count’!

• posted by RubyG
    on

RubyG reporting for duty 😉
    Hope everyone had a good Easter.
    I’m in for another week, good intentions etc.
    Have a good week all.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Hello all
    Sorry for having been AWOL for a bit. I can now report we had a good few days away visiting my brothers and son and whilst we were there Fiance got a call to say the ring was ready. So I now have it sitting proudly on my finger 😁 but unfortunately the family didn’t get to see it in person. 💍
    I have had Easter off plan and it is still a Bank Holiday here today so will be back on track from tomorrow. I have just thrown away an Easter egg that I didn’t plan on eating, and have made the discovery that I actually prefer the hot cross buns to the chocolate, not that I should have either but not got that much will power even though I also noticed that after eating the bad stuff I didn’t feel too good. Shame I couldn’t learn from that and not have it. Anyhow the sun is shining and am going to make parmesan crusted chicken and roasted orange veg for dinner to night and draw a line under Easter. Onwards and forwards.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi everyone, or should I say – where are you all. Big cheers to Elle congrats, Ruby keep those good intentions going and Verano with your water challenge, yes the simple things can get forgotten and thanks to Lauren for starting the week. I need to get back to you re: photos when I get my breath back – just lovely.

I will be starting up again on Tuesday giving myself 6 weeks before my next trip away. Not sure about goals yet but will decide on Monday.

Enjoy the weekend.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I’m here, I’ve been posting over on the Jubilee bus and the positive thoughts thread. I keep forgetting to weigh myself in the mornings and once I’m dressed I can’t be bothered getting undressed again, but hopefully I’ll have a decent loss this week. I just have to navigate through today, with family over for the afternoon and dinner. Healthy afternoon snacks – fruit, cheese, and vege sticks with dip. And leftover Easter chocolate so it will be gone.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Haha Natalie, that was me on Friday morning, realised I had forgotten to weigh myself, had to go and undress, jewelry off too just to weigh and them all back on again lol. To discover was exactly the same as the day before🤣🤣🤣

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone .Oh dear , our thread seems to be flagging and I have to apologise for my absence . Not the best week .After dodging covid in the cafés and Paris underground we finally succombed in our sleepy village and it was our turn last week . Fortunately only a mild form and for me, more of a pesky head cold but I still isolated for the week and to be honest I couldn’t really focus on my usual routine .

Sadly our beloved ginger cat had to be put to sleep .His illness was very sudden and devastating and it was the only decision. Hubby took him to the vet after getting a negative test. I am hopeless dealing with stuff like that.

Life can be a bit crappy sometimes .

So there we are , it was survival mode last week.Thank goodness we now have fresh veggies and lettuces back in the fridge and I can get back to my normality .

Sorry Lauren , your covid episode was really badly timed . Hope you and your new hubby are feeling better now.

Welcome back SG !

Hi V, RubyG, Elle-Mae and Natalie !! Thanks for checking in !

I hope you feel connected enough to keep the weekly thread going ?

I will be back later
    Wendy xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    Elle-Mae congratulations on your (engagement) ring! Wishing you a future full of happiness.
    Wendy, yes, sometimes life can only be dealt with in ‘survival’ mode but you have come through. Sorry to here about you both being ill but glad it’s now in the past. Very hard to lose a pet, especially a cat, we had several over the years, looks like you did the kindest thing.
    S-g hope you enjoyed your visit to the UK. We also have just 6 weeks to our next trip and our first involving flying in over two years! Sometimes a relatively short term plan before a holiday really helps concentrate the mind … let’s hope so!
    Well last week’s attempt at drinking more water was a mess. With hindsight I realise that going away for a few days wasn’t going to be conducive to suddenly drinking more water …. doesn’t work with travelling! So I’m going to start again tomorrow.
    So, we had three days away, which were wonderful especially after being ‘at home’ for so long with one day melding almost seamlessly into the next. I had more carbs than normal but I read somewhere that if you have fats with carbs it slows down their digestion. Soooo , had half a slice of toast with butter for breakfast each morning! Scales tomorrow will tell their own tale! Even when I do go ‘off piste’ it isn’t a full on carb fest, so I feel fine.
    Wendy, I echo your sentiments. Although I only check in at the beginning and end of the ‘weekly thread’ I do find it really useful. It would be sad if it drifted of into the ether….

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi wendy, sorry to hear about your crappy week, and to sunshine-girl I feel like a right fraud – great intentions evaporated and I spent the week feeding a carb monster 🙁 so I have been in hiding. It all started with a few chips, involved some new season Jersey Royals, a slice of toast, and then more chocolate than I normally eat in a month, and although it was labelled as “dark chocolate” it was only 52% (not the usual 85%) so all it did was feed the monsters! That’s the first time in 18 months I’ve craved anything sweet, I felt rubbish but ate it anyway.
    So, I did weigh myself yesterday afternoon (I would normally weigh in the morning) to see how bad it was, and I am doing all I can to find that inner resolve yet again.
    16:8 TRE from last night to lunch today, lunch being my go-to of Asian-style chicken broth. Supper will be some steak and a side salad – hubby is away for 2 days from tomorrow so I will do a 16:8 TRE, chicken soup for lunch and leftover steak and salad for supper while he’s away – no snacks and lots of water.
    I am travelling abroad for work next week, mealtimes will not be easy so a) I need to shed the excess now before I leave, and b) I need to get my head in the zone to make the right choices while I’m away.
    I will keep on keeping on, as S-G would say 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Let’s turn the page on last week if like me you need to !
    I’m going to set up the new thread !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Just set up the new thread but it didn’t appear ???
    Trying again !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s not working folks but I have copied the text and will keep trying to get the new thread posted

• posted by wendleg
    on

I am posting the new thread intro here as I still can’t get it posted … dunno why it isn’t working ??
    We can move over when things get sorted .

Lauren, thank you for setting up last week’s thread. I hope you are still enjoying the memories of your beautiful wedding xx

SG, I am borrowing your mantra !

One week left in April and to be honest it wasn’t my finest month but today is a new day , a new week and I’m digging in !

I have basically learned I’m still vulnerable and can easily succumb to that insidious voice telling me I deserve ‘ comfort’ . I even got hubby to bring me a bar of Lindt salted caramel when he finally ventured out to the shops….oh heck ! I’m the one who was always telling you that sugar is toxic, that food can’t really comfort but there I was squashing down difficult emotions .I need to re read those books I am always recommending ! I even reasoned with myself that we didn’t buy any Easter eggs so it was ok !!!!

Anyway …….
    I’m moving on and feeling well enough to do one of my start of the week fasts . .. and taking it from there .

Please join in if you continue to enjoy the weekly accountability or if you have a short term target ( trips away like Verano and sunshine-girl)

We go to the UK in July ..wow haven’t been since Christmas 2019 !!!! I’m hoping my other son will be able to come over from Australia and we can enjoy a much needed family reunion. There is a wedding coming up mid July too so lots to look forward to .

Hoping we can keep going together .It really does help feeling part of our little community . I see a few people are still missing and we hope you are ok .

Wendy and sunshine-girl ( Sunny B is still away ) xx

on

Hi Wendy, I will try to put this on a proper thread so you can relax.

on

Okay, it worked but I havent included the list

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks SG. I will check again. I just couldn’t get the new thread to show up xx

on

In that case we might have two running together 🙂 I have started the thread using your words with the date of 26th April.

Please log in or register to post a reply.