200 lbs to lose – my diary

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Midnight Pumpkin
    on

Hi I thought id start a diary here. Im a guy, i have to lose 200 lbs which is a lot i now. I want to start with the fast 800 diet and see how i go so I thought id keep a diary here. I am pretty active now leading up to starting a serious diet ive been eating less bad food and far more vegetables in particular and my diet as such is mostly good food now. I exercise a fair bit now as i started about 8 weeks ago walking 4 miles about 4 or 5 times a week over very hilly rough ground. I think I probably shouldnt be able to do this and when I started I could barely do a mile but I can do the whole distance now fast enough that id have to jog to go any faster so my fitness has come a long way id say.

I know I will have to slow down on my walks with this calorie and carb restriction and i dont mind that, Im not going to time myself but just aim to walk it at a steady pace now. SO ive been reading the forum here for some days now and trying prepare myself mentally for it. Im going to start tomorrow and I will post as I go along as to how im doing. Im going to be realistic and state that i KNOW I wont be good ALL the time. So when i crack which i will i will say it and list what i had. I think its only fair to be real about what happens. I have got myself into the mindset that if I crack its not a big deal as long as i get back on to the diet again immediately.

Anyway, I hope you will all enjoy my diary, I will let you all know my weight loss as I go and how im feeling and hopefully one day this will be useful to someone looking to do the same thing.

• posted by Nettle
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin

A good read and a promising start for you. One thing I will be interested in is your energy levels. Most of us here find that contrary to popular belief, the lowcal-lowcarb thing gives you energy. You may have the odd dip but once you analyse what you were low on, it usually gets fixed quick smart. It’s often about adding a bit of fat or increasing the water intake and the weight loss and energy are back. When you have a considerable amount to lose the drop seems to be bigger especially at the outset which is rewarding. Good to hear you have the tools in place for the odd slip up. Keep scanning these blogs, a power of advice for all.
    Bring on tomorrow for you. I’m there already in the southern hemisphere.
    N.

on

Thanks Nettle, I dont expec this to be easy at all, I will increase fat intake as you recommend if I get stuck. My diet plan looks like this:

2 chicken breasts with half a brocolli and other veg cooked in 2 spoons of oil
    1 whey protein drink made with unflavoured plain whey and 1 apple, 30 grams of real peanut butter ( the ones with the skin in and no added sugar etc) + fibre supplement added to the drink.

This gives me 800 cals and a variety of fat and protein and means im only cooking once. This will be two meals as the 2 chicken breasts will last a long time in terms of digestion. I prefer the idea of 2 meals a day on low calories.

• posted by josie53
    on

Good luck, have a good week

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Midnight pumpkin,

Good luck for the start of the BSD800. Sounds that you have already made great strides towards your goal!!!

Imogen๐ŸŒป

on

Well, some stuff went wrong at work and i didnt start properly, held my weight through this time and now things are really smooth, so I can get on this properly. Started yesterday weighed myself this morning and im down 5 pounds overnight, cant see that happening every day. First day was obviously easy, so is today but i expect it to get harder. Walking for an hour every day still and will try and keep that going but i picked a slightly less hilly route now due to fewer calories. My route before was really steep this is just rolling hills and forest walking now.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good going, Midnight Pumpkin!

No, you may not lose 5lbs each day, but just bank it – 2.5 bags of sugar gone, and not missed!

Carry on carrying on!

Good luck!

on

Absolutely buzzing with energy suddenly, whats all that about? Does that stay or come and go?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I think you are experiencing the “aliveness” people speak about – the end of carb “fog”.

It’s been maintained by OH and self – you may, like us, find you are getting up much earlier in the morning!

on

ahhh well that would be great I hope there is more of this!

• posted by Izzy
    on

lots of us feel surprisingly better and energised eating this way, welcome to the forum and BSD.

200lb’s is a lot yes, but don’t let the numbers phase you. Take it in small chunks with small targets and just one day at a time. I like to set my target at 7lb intervals mostly ๐Ÿ™‚

You can do this ๐Ÿ™‚

on

Day 4 weigh in and im down 9 pounds so far! feel good. Day 1 was easy, Day 2 I had a ton of energy, yesterday Day 3 was horrible and i felt like i was slowly dieing and today i feel just normal not great or bad, i dont really feel anything. I will keep at it, I just keep hoping I dont suddenly crash and I am wondering how much I will lose this week.

on

So after crashing off on day 4 and having a rather long break of several months I am back on this, Im only going to weigh myself at the end of week one, i think i will be ok then but I feel I kind of started to panic a bit with losing so much weight so quickly and then never really got going again. Anyway I am here now and getting going. Ive just got over a nasty cold but mentally I think I am ready to go again. I have no idea why I just switched off mentally for so many weeks.

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin

You are a guy, you have a lot to lose, do not worry if you lose masses in week 1. Just embrace it. Some will be water weight due to the sudden change in diet. Some people on these forums have seen losses of over 14lbs in a week – don’t panic – you’ll be fine.

Good luck with the rest of the week and let us know how you are doing.

on

thanks! yes I will really try to keep it up this time, and post regularly too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Why don’t you come and join us on the ‘Strictly’ thread. We started last week aiming at a 4 week to Christmas challenge. Today is the start of week 2 so only three to go. It might help you to have a short term goal of just three weeks initially. You will definitely get lots of encouragement and lots of tips too!!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Well done for coming back Midnight Pumpkin. Stick at this, you can really do it. I found the first few weeks very tough and felt very ill but it’s so rewarding in the long run.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome back Midnight Pumkin!

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin, glad you’ve made the decision to join us again. So you fell off the wagon, most of us have but we keep posting, keep reading the forum and realise that that’s life. But we are the masters of our own destiny and the BSD is a fantastic helping hand, so grab it and run with it, catch the wagon up and jump on again and again and again, don’t get left behind. Looking forward to hearing of your daily trials and tribulations, ups and downs, and of course your progress onwards and downwards.

on

Thank you all of you for the encouragement! I will certainly join the Strictly thread too, i will have a read now ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by JanieB
    on

Hi Midnight Pumpkin
    I haven’t had time to read all the posts on this thread but I think we are broadly in the same boat. I started in July and lost 39lb in the eight weeks. I then carried on losing a bit more until my dad got sick at the end of September. Started using wine as a stress reliever and have being really going for it for two months even though dad is now better. Fortunately I am still 42lb down but got a fasting reading of 7.5 again (was getting 4.5) so I have no choice but to climb back on the BSD800 wagon again. I still have about 70-80lb to lose so I have to start today and fend of this horrendous disease before it gets a hold. Good luck with you journey- have to run now but will read all posts on the train…..

• posted by JanieB
    on

Just read the whole thread and I see that you had struggled to get started before so third time lucky and good on you for keeping at it. Don’t be afraid of the quick weight loss, it is so incredibly motivating. Like you I found day 1 easy, day 2 ok and day 3 I wanted to eat my whole arm (hahaha low carb so probably would have been ok) and then my hunger just switched off and never really came back (woo hoo!). I am a woman with about 100-110 lbs to lose when I started and I did not cheat at all in week one and lost 13lb. I didn’t cheat hardly at all in 8 weeks and I averaged 4 lb a week which was fast enough to keep me going. I got a horrible carb withdrawal headache by day 5 I think and that lasted several days but generally I felt great on the plan. The quick weight loss did not mean it went back on quickly either. After 10 weeks or so I had lost 47lb and in the two months I have been off plan I only put about 4lb back on which is amazing and debunks the fast off fast back on myth.
    So good luck and it would be fabulous to hear that you manage week one and report 14lb weight loss which is very do-able on this plan. Will post how my new week 1 goes too.

on

JanieB thank you! thats so useful, its really good to hear about other peoples experiences, i must say after reading everyones contributions i feel a lot more settled about this and hoping that this time i can stick to it! thanks again ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.