..2 more New starters today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Hi All
    Myself and my Wife have started today.
    Here are my starting ‘Stats’
    Height: 6ft 2in
    Weight: 110kg
    BMI : 31
    Body fat : 20%
    Fat free body weight: 88.10kg
    Subcutaneous Fat: 16.3%
    Visceral fat: 13
    Body Water : 57.8%
    Skeletal Muscle : 51.7%
    Muscle mass: 83.7kg
    Bone Mass: 4.40kg
    Protein: 18.3%
    BMR : 2272kcal
    Blood Pressure (average 10 readings): 131/89
    heart rate : 104bpm

Well, that’s my starting stats. I put Yvonne’s up later on…

Week 1 (Monday) meals were very nice, no issues. We have been using the ‘Pinch of nome’ books for sometime, but we are now fully committed to this going forward.

Any advice would be great.
    I’ll post as we go along.

Thanks

Clive

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Welcome to you and your wife, giving advice is a big issue as there are so many things we could tell you we could write a book – oh Dr Mosley already did 🙂 . Just ask questions as you find things you hadnt thought about or not sure about. There is always someone here to help you. Good luck to you both.

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Many thanks

I’m sure we will be asking questions along the journey

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Yvonne’s Starting Stats
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Weight: 100kg
    BMI : 40
    Body fat : 31.7%
    Fat free body weight: 66.82kg
    Subcutaneous Fat: 25%
    Visceral fat: 20
    Body Water : 46.8%
    Skeletal Muscle : 39.8%
    Muscle mass: 62.8kg
    Bone Mass: 4.01kg
    Protein: 15.7%
    BMR : 1813kcal
    Blood Pressure (average 10 readings): 136/98
    heart rate : 80bpm

• posted by Alpha117
    on

First question, we took our blood sugar level this morning before eating or drinking at it was 6.2 and 6.5.

a. Is that ‘high’ for a morning reading?
    b. If so why is that?…Just need the ‘tech reasons’ for this

Thanks

Clive

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Clive, I didnt see any sign of diabetes or other BG problems on your stats so is there a reason for taking your blood sugars. 6.2 and 6.5 are technically touching the pre-diabetes range but that depends on so many things. What time did you last eat or drink ANYTHING last night. You need a clear 12 hours fasting to get an accurate result. Then there is what are you using, is it calibrated and medically sound. Even if it is there can be something like a 10% discrepancy in home testing usually showing higher rather than lower so 6.2 and 6.5 could be 5.5 and 5.8 which are perfectly normal. If you are not diabetic dont get hung up on these numbers as the only accurate tests are HbA1c which gives a 3 month average BG or a glucose tolerance test done under careful conditions. If you are diabetic then please say so as it can affect any advice you are given.

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Hi, Thanks for the reply. No we are not diabetic. The time was about 11hrs between last eating. Ok, just another stat to keep in mind.
    All good.

Again, many thanks. Week 1 day 2 dinner…coming up shortly

Clive

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Good Morning,

Should you weigh yourself every morning or should it be weekly?

Thanks

Clive

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Clive, There are probably as many opinions on this as there are people on the site! There are no hard and fast rules, except to choose the frequency that keeps you motivated. Some find a daily weigh-in very motivating: but a gain in weight (particularly when unexpected and undeserved!) can have the opposite effect. Some weigh weekly because of this. And others again use some form of averaging to iron out the inevitable fluctuations that arise from water retention, constipation etc etc. I thought this link set out the arguments quite well. https://paleoleap.com/4-tips-weighing-yourself-paleo-keto-weight-loss. It is not a site I know well – just came across this page when googling. The choice is yours!

• posted by Alpha117
    on

Good Morning

Well, 6 days in a the first weigh-in.

My changes:
    Weight : -3.2kg
    BMI : -1.0
    Body Fat : -0.5
    Visceral fat : -1.0
    Yvonne’s changes:
    Weight: -2.5kg
    BMi: -1.0
    Body Fat : -0.6
    Visceral fat : -1.0
    A least it seems a good start

Clive

Please log in or register to post a reply.