1st August Start – Anyone with me?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fianna
    on

Yay Jackie, that is great! you are looking at healthy weight really soon! I will be lucky to get into the ‘just obese’ range by the end of the year, but it is good to have gone from morbidly obese to very obese on this diet so far 🙂

I dont know how you can resist the cookies! It is soooo hard.

We rented a holiday cottage last week and there was a bag full of goodies waiting including cookies and crisps and jams. I had to get my husband to lock them in the car and hide the key (until I could offload them onto my uncle). Then we visited my aunt and a huge lump of chocolate cake with raspberries was put in front of me –aaarrgh! But I didnt give in (it had to be hidden though).

It is TOUGH!

• posted by Fianna
    on

Rita you are doing brillliantly!

I too would love to fit into some of my old clothes, there are masses and I would have a new wardrobe too. Something to look forward to! You can do it!

Fx

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey Fianna missed this post! Well done for not having the biscuits etc. It is tough!

So, 66.5kg this morning, that’s 10kg since 8 August. That’s a lot isn’t it! But then I look in my reflection in the big window and still see a larger lady. Even though I am only 2.5kg off a healthy BMI. So it’s onwards and downwards I guess.

Not counting at the moment, just eating low carb food and although it feels weird that includes avoiding too much veg.

Good luck with the keeping on keeping on. There isn’t really anything else to do, is there?! Xx

• posted by JackieM
    on

Well it is very quiet here. Funny reading the new BSDers and realising we are now practically veterans!

66.2kg this morning. 2.2kg to healthy BMI, 6.2kg to target.

Nothing very exciting to report about food, still just eating less. Pretty sure I eat too many saturated fats. Trying to eat more veg, within the limits. Food bores me. The thing about bread, which is both it’s plus and minus is it’s very easy to eat. Kids still have bread, but now loaves go mouldy through lack of use. I was definitely feeding myself into an early grave and eating for reasons other than hunger. Not much time to eat even when I want to with new puppy, much less cook something.

Ho hum, onwards and downwards. Hope you are doing OK Fianna, Mona and Onetowatch xx

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

JackieM hello!

Great to hear how well you have been doing – you can be really proud of that! I think it does take a while for our minds to adjust to the changes in our bodies and see ourselves as we are – are you taking snaps?
    i’ve been struggling a bit. i wanted to start a round two but i am not managing to stick to it. Averaging about 1500 cals a day and back eating carbs now and then which scares me because i just cannot keep control when i do. Keep recommitting – and considering doing the online course to give me a good group focus.

In other news we had our first IVF appointment and we start at the end of the month so that is really positive. The house in Italy continues to move forward. Enjoying the autumn days, mushroom picking in the ash down forest on the weekends!

Love to you!

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey there OnetoWatch – was just looking for you to see how you were doing, great to hear you are enjoying life. Maybe that’s why the carbs take a back seat – it feels not so important without a real goal. You’ve proved you can do it, I’m sure when you need to you will. I would say from experience try not to be too heavy when you are pregnant – my first pregnancy I ate all the pies (and the donuts and the paper plates and the condiments – of it was there, I ate it!) and it’s a lot to carry round. Maybe that will be your incentive – my mum managed to stop smoking when pregnant and she was a HEAVY smoker …

Hope everyone else is having a good journey. Fianna, I admire you immensely for facing up to what will be a long old haul! And Mona, how is it going with you?

• posted by JackieM
    on

So, 2 months and 2 days in. Started at 76.6kg and this morning weighed in at 65.8. Gone from 45% fat to 34% fat.

Not counting at the moment, but keeping low carb, though starting to introduce things like carrots and apple into diet in very small quantities. At my peak I was less than 20g carbs a day (following people like Esnecca, who I think are inspirational and inspiring). ‘Cheating’ with white carbs just not an option for me, I hated how I felt and was not processing sugar well at all.

So today I ate an avacado for breakfast, with oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Lunch was mushrooms and grated cheese in the microwave, then my new favourite – 3 slices beef, slivers of green pepper and horseradish sauce smeared on before turning into a ‘wrap’. 2 pieces dark chocolate, 5 almonds a piece of Parma ham and a mouthful of homemade bolognese, a tablespoon of Greek yoghurt and a tablespoon stewed apple. A snacky kind of day, seems like a feast to me now. I did go to the gym and do weights so the extra protein feels ok to me today.

I am consciously adding veg to my meals now after an epic five days of not having a BM. Not constipated, but have decided to just up all that a bit and cut down on processed meat – specifically pork related products! Am sick of ’em!! And quite off cheese now too.

What I have learnt most is to listen to my body. If I feel woozy, leave that food alone. If I am not hungry don’t eat. If I am hungry but no good food is around, don’t eat. Drink loads of water (got worse at that recently) And then just keep on keeping on, it seems like a long time but it really isn’t compared to anything else I’ve tried!

• posted by JackieM
    on

Woah, Greek yoghurt and stewed apple and feeling woozy. Damn. Only 100g youghurt and 50g apple. MFP says 12g carbs in that. Maybe too much of a hit in one go? Well, that’s mostly it for day anyway, plan is tuna and spinach at lunch and chicken and broccoli for dinner. Maybe need to leave fruit alone and get fibre from veg only.

• posted by Amsterdam joins
    on

Hi Jackie M
    Congratulations, you have done so well in this 2 months. I hope you can feel proud of yourself and have renewed belief in your ability to take care of yourself.
    Your snacky day sounds wonderful and thanks for writing those food things….it gives me ideas.

You write about the things that are on my mind, namely, what is the next step after sometime in this 800 cal, less than 20g of carb a day? I learned early on about the fruit thing…only raspberries and blueberries seem to not be too high.

I have lost another 1.2 kilos in the last 2 weeks and feel a bit dissapointed, would like more. But I have had milk chocolate twice and crackers with butter another time. So today is a good day to look at myself in the mirror and see what is this about?
    I realize I am quite happy with my new body and how clothes fit, so a part of me thinks it’s enough. Another part is boring to eat like this but I think that’s the part who misses the rush of sugar and cakes and the easiness of sandwiches….not my loving, healthy side…but it is there.
    So I actually understand that I can best sigh up for another 2 weeks before moving into the next phase and do the things that worked in the past: lots of water, walking everyday (sun or rain), creative cooking (boring has to do with lazzyness), journaling my food and reading this for inspiration.

I know I am in a better place today than 2 months ago…. thanks to you all

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Wow, JackieM, it feels like yesterday when you were just starting out and sucking up all the information you could like a sponge. Congratulations on your great results! The fat loss is extraordinary.

I had my first apple in 14 months a couple of weeks ago. It was an organic heirloom varietal I’d never heard of before and was so, so tiny it was practically a crab apple. Once I cored it, the entire apple weighed 49 grams. It was absolutely scrumptious, one of the best apples I’ve ever had. Four grams net carbs, all sugar. It freaked me out a little, I won’t lie, but at the end of the day I still ended up with 12 grams net carbs, 5 from sugar (the remaining gram was in a cucumber).

Please log in or register to post a reply.