10 week countdown – starting Jan 23rd.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Minnie23
    on

Heyo. I’m on a 10-week pre-holiday countdown so starting today. I also want to curb my carb cravings (flour is my downfall: bread, pasta, crumpets, pizza, wraps – cannot resist!). If anyone wants to join me on this countdown to Spring feel free.

I’m targetting 15kgs down over 10 weeks. I have one of those bodies that gains and loses very quickly so hopefully this isn’t too ambitious.

Will post food and losses here to keep me honest.

• posted by Minnie23
    on

Day 1 fine so far. Kept going with coffee til mid afternoon then had some tofu and salad greens. About to make a stir fry with eggs and more tofu then have an early night. Will be an 850 cal day including the green veg.

• posted by Antigone
    on

Well done Minnie.A great and positive start 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Minnie23, Just popping in to say welcome to the site and good luck on your journey. I’m not sure if you noticed that there are a couple of threads on the site already doing multi-week challenges. The weekly approach (8 WEEKS FAST 800 : WEEK 3 :ONE WEEK AT A TIME BEGINNING 17TH JANUARY 2023) and the New You thread. If you find that no-one joins you here and you want some company, feel free to join in on one of those. Very best wishes on your healthy journey, and for a super holiday in due course!

• posted by Minnie23
    on

Thanks! I will keep tracking in this thread so it’s like a diary for me but will also check out those others. Thanks!

• posted by Minnie23
    on

On track for a 900 cal day today – 60g protein and 50g carbs. Boiled eggs for breakfast, Mackerel pate and rocket for lunch, tofu stirfry later. Snack of small apple and teeny bit peanut butter. OK so far filling up on tea and coffee and getting to bed early are my tricks. Need to get more walking in but it’s so cold! Managed an hour at lunchtime but that’s not enough.

• posted by Minnie23
    on

Day 3 – ended up on 1114 cals yesterday but that’s including all green leafy veg as well as everything else. I prefer to count everything so I know where I am. Would kill for a piece of toast right now but won’t – maybe an omlette in a bit if I’m hungry.

Please log in or register to post a reply.