This is DELICIOUS!!! Hubby and I had for our main meal…..he loved it as well…..if you like to experiment then try this….yummy!
A great layered, warm salad that can be eaten on its own or as a side dish for everyone to dig into! Add or subtract ingredients as you like depending what leftovers are around you..
• 2 - 3 thick slices of Halloumi cheese
• 2 tbsp canned chick peas, rinsed
• 1/2 cup cooked quinoa and/or bulgur
• Harissa paste
• Cumin seeds and chilli flakes to taste
• A few handfuls of Rocket
• Cherry tomatoes, halved
• Cucumber, diced
• OPTIONAL EXTRAS: baby beetroot, spring onion, pickled jalapenos, hard boiled eggs, quartered
Cube the cheese and add to a hot pan with butter, cumin seeds and chilli. Allow to brown on each side. When almost done, add the chickpeas and harissa paste to taste (usually 1 - 2 tsp) and allow to warm through. Just before removing from heat stir in the quinoa/bulgur so that it can absorb some of the spices.
Layer rocket, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, spring onions etc in a bowl then add warm ingredients. Mix gently to combine warm and cool elements. Garnish with boiled eggs if desired.