Easy, inexpensive and fast way to get more protein and veg into your diet. Serves 2 and easy to save and reheat the extra serving. A full lunch in one pan.
• 4 large eggs
• 4 Tbs cream and 2 Tbs water
• Salt & Pepper
• Pinch cayenne
• Pinch nutmeg or other spice to your taste
• 1 1/2 oz grated cheese…..I like Fontina but can use cheddar or pepper jack, etc.
• Kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 tsp vegetable oil
• 1/2 medium onion, chopped
• 1.5 oz fresh sausage, Spanish chorizo or hot Italian sausage links, casings removed*
• pinch of fennel seeds
• 1/2 bunch broccoli rabe, coarsely chopped
• salt & pepper for broccoli rabe
• pinch of hot pepper flakes
• 1/2 oz grated Parmesan* can use any sausage even bulk breakfast sausage…just season more if that is the case
Preheat oven to 375 F or 200C.
Saute sausage in a bit of oil in a small oven proof skillet and remove to a plate.
Return skillet to stove top and saute onion 1 min. Add broccoli rabe, season with S&P, and sauté 2 more min.
Turn off heat under skillet.
Add sausage back to skillet with broccoli rabe and onion.
Add shredded cheese.
Beat eggs & cream together & season.
Pour over mixture in skillet, shake to settle eggs.
Grate parm over top.
Bake 15 min @ 375.
Serves 2. If making for only yourself, can reheat the second half gently on defrost for 3-5 min in microwave.